9500 GT DirectX 9 or 11?

88 Human Paladin
I am playing WoW on a C2D 2.9 Ghz 3GB RAM with a 9500GT graphics card. Can someone tell me which setting will give me best FPS between DirectX 9 or DirectX 11?

And if I need to make any config file changes to get the best performance?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
IIRC the 9500 nvidia doesn't support directx 11.

If your after playable fps upgrade your videocard to an newer model. the 9000 series was nearly unusable for most gaming two or three years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_9_Series#GeForce_9500_GT
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
The 9500GT as doing okay so far. Of course I'm playing at 1366 x 768 at "Good" Settings and its its giving me 25 FPS in DS raids and 25-30 in a crowded Stormwind.

While I'm aware that 9500GT does not support DirectX 11, I have read that setting it to this allows it to use DirectX 10 tech. So I'm basically looking for advice on whether I would get better FPS with DirectX 9 settings or is DirectX 11 the way to go and any other advice on tweaking for better FPS without compromising quality any further.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You read correctly, Gandaf. :) You will want to use DirectX 11 for the best performance. Only switch to DirectX 9 if you run into major problems related to D3D11 mode.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
your all saved.

Hopefully i'm relieved with the arrival of Kodiack. after helping folks here for 14 hours i'm running out of energy. needed a break from gameplay to rest up for next week :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The 9500GT as doing okay so far. Of course I'm playing at 1366 x 768 at "Good" Settings and its its giving me 25 FPS in DS raids and 25-30 in a crowded Stormwind.

While I'm aware that 9500GT does not support DirectX 11, I have read that setting it to this allows it to use DirectX 10 tech. So I'm basically looking for advice on whether I would get better FPS with DirectX 9 settings or is DirectX 11 the way to go and any other advice on tweaking for better FPS without compromising quality any further.

$150.00 compromise for a 560GTX would end all other compromises and instantly have you smiling like a kid with a new iphone 5 =]
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Thanks, Kodiack

Tyrlinger, do I sense that you are up for some "Charity"?? ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Thanks, Kodiack

Tyrlinger, do I sense that you are up for some "Charity"?? ;-)

when you have a hobby job you also tend to help people with your professional talents i guess. being the resident IT guru of the multiboxing forums often doesn't have enough traffic to keep me engaged so I dont mind helping here on a rare occasion.

Unfortunately i'm fresh out of spare videocards for fortunte peer gamers
Edited by Tyrlinger on 9/21/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Damn the luck !!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]