Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

(Locked)

90 Undead Mage
Blizzards West-Coast favoritism knows no bounds. Maybe someday they will wise up and realize that its a minority of their player base. But I doubt it. They will continue to hold all conventions and release times for them exclusively. &%* the East, right Blizz?

Its almost as if their company is stationed on the west coast or something....

lawls.
100 Human Warrior
Whoa. Didn't realize until now that by midnight of the 25th they actually meant 3am on the 25th. *Makes a rude gesture at blizzard*. So damn annoying.
99 Pandaren Shaman
The real kick to the ball sack is Gamestop's website stating they are doing a midnight launch, A text from your local GS stating a midnight launch. going there and seeing it closed.
85 Undead Priest
It's midnight on the east coast... only 3 more hours to prepare my mountain dew funnel hat, hot pocket nachos, skittles, top ramen and pretzel m&ms for a 72 hour all out binge!
100 Orc Warrior
We'll see how this turns up in the news. Is it a launch fail or a suspense built powder keg of anticipation. IDK BUT I JUST MADE COFFEE CUZ I THOUGHT I COULD PLAY WOW!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
thanks man was looking everywhere to see when it come on here. lol
90 Pandaren Priest
You guys from the east coast stop your crying.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, can't we get better launch times for anyone outside of PDT?
90 Human Death Knight
Not going to happen, no matter what time they base it off of, some time-zone will be unhappy with it.
100 Undead Priest
They shouldn't base it off a time zone. It should be midnight regardless of time zone. Wonder how many tears PDT folks would shed then. Don't snap at EST people when you'd cry the same.

Pretty sure they took out server firsts so why does it even matter that a group gets a "head start" over another group?
Edited by Lapriestess on 9/24/2012 10:25 PM PDT
81 Worgen Death Knight
so you can't play on the evening of the 25th? For anyone that purchases the game in store, they would have to play at that time anyway. So, you still get the connivence of not having to go out and buy the game at midnight then install it. Wasn't it that way for BC? Personally, I pre-ordered and I knew that it would be 1am here before I could play so I am just going to wait for a couple of days until things settle down.
85 Human Mage
haha don't know about maintenance but i'm sure there will be problems, rolling restarts, and the whole nine yards as usual
100 Worgen Mage
Here is my question how is it fair for the race to world first 90 when the EU servers get to play hours before the rest do? Yes I know there is no achievement for it but everyone watches to see who gets it and sorry but last I checked Blizzard was based in the US not EU.
100 Worgen Mage
09/24/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Amarrnapdn

Use to be based on your time zone for the time you could start playing but the West coast crybabies !@#$%ed about having to wait three hours to play while we got a head start on the quests so Blizzard caved in to them and now we have to wait so they can play at the same time we do.
Look, I love you guys, but this is the second expansion in a row that you're flipping off the east coast. I can stay up until midnight to play the game for an hour, I can't stay up until three-bloody-AM to play. Plus, most of us have work the next day. I know I'm not alone here.

I mean its not the end of the world, but its fantastically annoying. You might as well just announce that the release date is the 26th for anyone in the east.

That is correct. I would have appreciated being told that launch time is 3 AM EST.
Makes me wanna mug a panda.
09/24/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Parcuus

Use to be based on your time zone for the time you could start playing but the West coast crybabies !@#$%ed about having to wait three hours to play while we got a head start on the quests so Blizzard caved in to them and now we have to wait so they can play at the same time we do.

You mean Bobby's kids. If Bobby lived in the east, we would be in Panda land by now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]