90 Human Mage
CFT
North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25

We east coasters hate you guys.

Guess I'll take a nap around 9-10PM.
Edited by Pewpewblast on 9/18/2012 10:51 AM PDT
90 Troll Druid
09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kaivax
make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in.

Do you have to be in Stormwind/Org for the quest to pop up? I was planning on logging out at the Firelands dailies hub.

09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kaivax
and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in.

How will I know for sure when I can start handing in my quests?
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yay...still at god forsaken hours in the morning. Seriously, just disregard 2/3's of your American playerbase. I'd heard it was going to be Midnight launch, and was excited about it. But alas, no - it'll be the next day now.

Midnight EST makes it reasonable for east coast, makes for a bit of an early morning for Euro but doable, and makes it hella convenient for your local westcoast fanbase(whom it seems is all that matters here) for a 9pm launch.
90 Undead Priest
i have to say im not happy with a 3am launch.... im really not...
90 Gnome Warlock
So we're not looking at a repeat of the Diablo 3 launch where error messages popped up for hours on end, right?

Because that would suck.

I mean, look at how many people didn't like D3. I bet that was the reason.
85 Undead Priest
Great, so people will go stand in line for over an hour, rush home, and wait 3 hours before they can even play the game.

At least be consistent to the people in the Eastern time-zone and launch it at 9:00 PM PDT / 12:00 AM EDT.

Luckily I bought the digital upgrade and live in the Central time-zone so I only have to wait until 2:00 AM. Rethinking my decision to stay up and play at all because they are taking away basically 3 hours from the previous launches.
90 Orc Death Knight
SO stoked!
90 Gnome Warlock
09/18/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Zpinal
yup EST gets boned again with the 3AM launch. Thanks for nothing Blues.

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man...not so boned. At least by WoW...
85 Human Death Knight
Blizzards West-Coast favoritism knows no bounds. Maybe someday they will wise up and realize that its a minority of their player base. But I doubt it. They will continue to hold all conventions and release times for them exclusively. &%* the East, right Blizz?
What if your quest log is full of dailies to turn in? Would we still get the quest?

Will the xp gaining turn on immediately when this quest is supposed to pop up?

Thanks!
Edited by Ríckross on 9/18/2012 11:07 AM PDT
85 Human Warlock
Yay...still at god forsaken hours in the morning. Seriously, just disregard 2/3's of your American playerbase. I'd heard it was going to be Midnight launch, and was excited about it. But alas, no - it'll be the next day now.

Midnight EST makes it reasonable for east coast, makes for a bit of an early morning for Euro but doable, and makes it hella convenient for your local westcoast fanbase(whom it seems is all that matters here) for a 9pm launch.

This. Getting really tired of it.
90 Troll Druid
Blizzards West-Coast favoritism knows no bounds. Maybe someday they will wise up and realize that its a minority of their player base. But I doubt it. They will continue to hold all conventions and release times for them exclusively. &%* the East, right Blizz?

Its almost as if their company is stationed on the west coast or something....
I don't know why people are even complaining about 3 am est launch time, it's been like that for every expansion, or blizzard release haha. Gives me more time to sleep ;)
90 Human Mage
09/18/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Ríckross
I don't know why people are even complaining about 3 am est launch time, it's been like that for every expansion, or blizzard release haha. Gives me more time to sleep ;)

This. I expected to go to sleep early and wake up with a pot of coffee for 3am.
90 Human Paladin
For Aussies and Kiwis on NA or Oceanic realms, this converts to local times of

Tuesday 25th September

Perth 3.00pm

Adelaide/Darwin 4.30pm

Brisbane/Hobart/Melbourne/Sydney 5.00pm

Auckland 7.00pm
Edited by Calentor on 9/18/2012 11:21 AM PDT
90 Undead Priest
09/18/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Tinkee

This. I expected to go to sleep early and wake up with a pot of coffee for 3am.

guess i wont have the choice haha... at least i took a day off for that ;)
62 Worgen Druid
you Could just set your alarm for earlier and play before work, ya know. East Coast gets TV launches, West coast gets Game releases.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage

I don't see it that way.

Like it or not Blizzard are a global company. There isn't anytime they could choose that would be fair to everyone in the US Realms player base. No matter what time they choose there's still going to be a part of the world where it's dinner time. Or the middle of the night when everyone's sleeping.

So they choose to keep it simple and release it at the first minute of the day on the 25th of September in the California time zone.
90 Orc Hunter
What if your quest log is full of dailies to turn in? Would we still get the quest?

Will the xp gaining turn on immediately when this quest is supposed to pop up?

Thanks!

I can confirm from the beta that yes, you will have 26/25 quests if you already have 25, and it will be in an angry red font color :P
90 Orc Hunter
3am launch dammit
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]