Mists of Pandaria Launch Times

(Locked)

89 Human Death Knight
09/18/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Lidelse
blizz didnt design time zones but they did pick when to launch in NA. launching at 12 est would not be a problem. heck im sure most west coast folks would be super happy they would gain 3 hours of playtime.

But the stores can't begin selling it until the 25th, so the West coasters wouldn't get extra play time, they would be sitting around until midnight when they were allowed to purchase the expansion.

Personally I wish there were a way to do it in some middle time zone that was a better compromise, but it is what it is. For Cata I went to the Gamestop at midnight to buy my collector's edition, then went home and went to sleep for a few hours and got up at 3am to play. Not sure I'll have the same stamina for this one, but I can't wait to play.
90 Night Elf Warrior
ooohhhh snap son. !@#$s going down....again
12 Human Warlock
make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log

Sucks for use NOT in SW waiting to turn in 25 daily's. Hopefully theirs a server wide message like in cata too.
90 Troll Druid
Going to bed at 9-10 getting up at 2:30, then playing til I hit lvl 90 and proceed to pass out in a puddle of drool. On a high pop server, waiting til the next day isn't feasible.

Oh wait nvm, I have to farm dailies, dungeons, and BGs/Arenas for about 6-8 hours to maximize my toon for raids if I want to be ready when vaults opens up. Per day. For just my main alone. Can't even imagine doing that for alts.

I don't see how it would be possible to be a competitive raider if I didn't take a week off work. Hell even a week probably wouldn't be enough.
100 Troll Shaman
Would be really cool if for this or the next expansion, you could set things up where I could just buy a digital copy of the expansion, and then when I get my physical boxed copy of the collector's edition, battle.net would automatically refund my online purchase of the expansion. Or Amazon would send me a code that would unlock a digital copy of the expansion right away so I didn't have to wait for the box to be shipped. They can already send me a beta key, so this would be no different. I want the physical collector's edition AND the ability to play at midnight. :[ FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

Oh well I should still probably go to work on Tuesday anyway.
12 Human Warlock
Would be really cool if for this or the next expansion, you could set things up where I could just buy a digital copy of the expansion, and then when I get my physical boxed copy of the collector's edition, battle.net would automatically refund my online purchase of the expansion. Or Amazon would send me a code that would unlock a digital copy of the expansion right away so I didn't have to wait for the box to be shipped. They can already send me a beta key, so this would be no different. I want the physical collector's edition AND the ability to play at midnight. :[ FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

Yes that would be cool I know I'm getting the CE from the store even tho I'm east cost.
90 Tauren Warrior
Yeah it worked so well for the Theramore event.

Also, wth is with all these people and "play the next day" its the same damn day. the 25th still. If you really cared about it you would of booked a day or maybe 2 of your vaction for the 25th, but you didnt, so just play when you get home from work.
Edited by Yaafm on 9/18/2012 1:49 PM PDT
100 Human Priest
9:00 P.M. Sept 24 for me, yay! can slug out a level then go to bed =D
90 Goblin Death Knight
The official Mists of Pandaria launch times are as follows:

• [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=Pacific%20Daylight%20Time%20%28PDT%29&"]North and Latin American realms - 12:00 a.m. PDT, September 25[/url]
  • [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20am&tz=CEST%20(Central%20European%20Summer%20Time)&"]European realms - 12:00 a.m. CEST, September 25[/url]
  • [url="http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/?t=12:00%20AM&tz=Seoul&"]Korean/Taiwan realms - 12:00 a.m. KST, September 27[/url]

With this expansion, we’re using a new bit of tech that will unlock the expansion content, make the intro quest magically pop up in your quest log, and allow you to begin playing the expansion immediately without the need to log out and back in. If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

See you in-game!

So how will the XP unlocking work with this new tech?

Do you have to complete a quest for it to start tracking, or will that also trigger with this new quest?
90 Goblin Priest
I foresee 0 issues with this magical xpac unlock....
90 Orc Warrior
09/18/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Ovan
Yay, 3 AM EST >.>

I don't mind it, even though it's late as hell it gives us plenty of time to either nap (assuming you've taken some days off and cleared your schedule) before launch of you ordered the digital version or those of us getting the CE to pick it up and do other stuff before launch. I have to drive about 60 miles round trip to get mine and plan on picking up some "new expansion essentials" while in the area.

I was thinking about this awhile ago and I wish they could do it with MoP. Then I could've ordered from Amazon, got a unlock key right away and get my CE that afternoon. I'd give the temporary key a 48 hour time limit or overwritten when you apply the proper one. It'd be sent Monday when the order ships...

Or I wish Amazon would just ship this Thursday or Friday for a Monday arrival and have things taken care of that way.
Edited by Dairack on 9/18/2012 2:04 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Kaivax
If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition to the adventures that await you in the new continent.

I am sorry, I don't mean to be rude and I know you guys have been better over the years but I did chuckle when you said this.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
If everything goes as planned

I dont like that!
90 Human Warlock
How does that work, the quest popping up for those of us who want to do the 25 daily turn ins? When there's room in our log will it still just pop up? Can we use the call board, or should we just save a spot in quest log?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
West coast is best coast!
90 Tauren Druid
If everything goes as planned this will be a smooth transition

Hahahahah.... *breath* hahahaha.

Oh I love the CM's senses of humor. Thanks for my laugh of the day.

I'll be the one logged on, entirely not surprised when I see "World Server has crashed. Try again later," when hitting that first cut scene in Pandaria.
90 Tauren Druid
09/18/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Chibiko
9:00 P.M. Sept 24 for me, yay! can slug out a level then go to bed =D

Oh yea...I'm on the west coast and I'm jealous of my friends in Australia and New Zealand (5 and 7 pm release for them)...I guess it is their compensation for their horrendous latency though.
60 Night Elf Druid
Once again the Pacific time zones get to play the game longer than the Eastern time zones, assuming people in both time zones have work/school the following night. I thought they said they'd look into making it better after Cataclysm?
90 Night Elf Hunter
Its 5pm on the 25th for AEST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]