Please help me get the Handmaiden mount.

85 Troll Shaman
09/19/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Thelanora
also im glad im not the only one who smelled BS with this

*SUPERCRIMESOLVINGHIGHFIVES*

And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those nosy kids and that ghost wolf!

xD
Edited by Jinja on 9/19/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/19/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Jinja
I dunno, this is bwr

lol, too true. however, I'm really sensing that this guy is smarter than he's pretending to be, simply to take advantage of the nicer players on BWR. He'll just pretend to be clueless and broke until 24 suckers - I mean - nice people - come to carry him through the content without him lifting a finger. I don't buy it, but if any of you do, let me know. I have this bridge in Brooklyn I'd love to sell you.

A lot of players just don't have the experience to know what it takes to raid successfully. They only know raiding from outgearing and outleveling the content so they don't realize what's involved in raiding while it's current.

And please don't say "but LFR..."

They need to take the "R" out of it and make it LFF. Looking for Faceroll.

As for someone pretending in case he might be able to finding 24 suckers to carry him, not going to happen (especially not on BWR) and anyone truly trolling would be smart enough to know it. It's those who don't understand how "the game" is played that might think they have a chance.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I'm basing my opinion on the way he types and the way he phrases things. it's all a little *too* convenient to pretend to be so naive at the very end of the expansion. I could see that at the beginning, but the end? I don't buy it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
09/19/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Sorya
In 10 man, yes. Even with the nerfs everyone needs to know what they're doing and be capable of performing. You will seriously need to gear hard and fast. If you're going to go that route.

Maybe on BWR. But not on a medium or high pop server. When selling kills for HM DW or HM Rag, if the player doesn't know the fight we tell them to kill themselves at the start of the fight. That was months ago, so I imagine that since they've gone from 20% nerf to 35% nerf that it will only be that much more easy.

Even still, Madness was a "gimme" fight that you get for free just for beating Spine. It had no complicated mechanics and if you could get to it you could kill it.

I wouldn't put it beyond likeliness that you could pug it on a high pop server, although not with the OP's gear level.

09/19/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Jinja
I'm basing my opinion on the way he types and the way he phrases things. it's all a little *too* convenient to pretend to be so naive at the very end of the expansion. I could see that at the beginning, but the end? I don't buy it.

i would bet on it. the number of people who follow game changes are remarkably low. when i got the firelands mount after the 20% nerf that made it so that everyone had 6/7h, I had people whispering me where I had gotten it all day.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/19/2012 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
I am not a troll, I am not good at raiding in fact only raids I have attempted were trying to take an alt through Karazhan and even than I didn't finish it. Before you go calling someone a troll know the whole story please. I have never been in DS, heck the classic raids I have never been in either so yes I am new to this raiding and do not know the fights. If anyone is willing to still try and help I currently have almost 3000 gold I will use it to buy armor and better gear and kill myself at the start.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I'll put it this way: a well-informed fake is always more believable because they know exactly *what* to pretend not to know.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
breaking into the raiding scene is easier now than it ever has been, especially in MoP, since raid gear will be attainable by solo players like you via dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/19/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Joynal
As for someone pretending in case he might be able to finding 24 suckers to carry him, not going to happen (especially not on BWR) and anyone truly trolling would be smart enough to know it. It's those who don't understand how "the game" is played that might think they have a chance.

Yup.

09/19/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Kerrath
Maybe on BWR. But not on a medium or high pop server.

Obviously.

You get one guess as to what server we're on. :D

09/19/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Iowawolf
I am not a troll, I am not good at raiding in fact only raids I have attempted were trying to take an alt through Karazhan and even than I didn't finish it. Before you go calling someone a troll know the whole story please. I have never been in DS, heck the classic raids I have never been in either so yes I am new to this raiding and do not know the fights. If anyone is willing to still try and help I currently have almost 3000 gold I will use it to buy armor and better gear and kill myself at the start.

Trolling or lack there of aside, I don't care. I will honestly run with you if you can gear up and learn the fights. Because we certainly won't have the people to carry you. It's just a fact of the server we're on. But I'm honest about being willing to do it for free. It seems kinda greedy to charge so much for something that's really not that hard or even time consuming.

That said, you need to desperately run LFR asap and get gear. I mean for heroic DS, even with the nerfs, especially considering that you're not going to get a carry on this server, I'd want to see at least a 390ilvl all gemmed and enchanted. And please be able to perform 30kish dps. I think that's pretty lenient really.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Obviously.

You get one guess as to what server we're on. :D

my point was that the instance, in and of itself, isn't as difficult as you illustrated.

also, i'd go along, but i don't have any alliance characters at the moment.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/19/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/19/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Jinja
I'll put it this way: a well-informed fake is always more believable because they know exactly *what* to pretend not to know.

And it could still be someone young who doesn't understand raiding at all and doesn't realize what he's asking.

I don't think you realize just how bad the state of raiding has gotten here since you left. We've got maybe 80 toons that earned their heroic Madness kill while on this server, short of players pugging into cross realm groups to do it the last 3 weeks. A well-informed fake isn't going to try to pull this on BWR because he'll know there's not enough available players here to carry him in the first place. Most of those with the kill are still helping their guilds farm the mounts for their own members, or they're just plain burned out like we got.

Personally, I'd vote "naive" before "troll looking for attention and giggles" before "well-informed fake". A well-informed fake isn't going to waste breathe here.

09/19/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Iowawolf

The problem is because you don't raid, you don't understand the status of raiding on this server or the effort required in getting heroic mode kills even with the 35% nerf.

Go to a high pop server like Illidan and there will literally be thousands of players who have downed heroic Madness and gotten their mounts. They're happy to put a run together to sell the mount to you.

For BWR, we've got maybe 70-80 players total who have downed heroic Madness with a toon they have on this server and many of them still don't have the mount. You're going to have a hard time finding players capable of killing the boss who are willing to give up their last chance at the mount just to let you have it.

It's going to be harder to find those players who are willing to do it for free as well. I'm sure 3,000 gold seems like a lot to you but when you split that up among 9 players doing a lot of work, it becomes very little.

There are also a lot of players who don't believe in carrying others to mounts and titles you haven't earned through your own skill and effort, regardless of gold offered. You have no raid experience, you have no gear. Those players aren't going to be interested in carrying you because they would just see it as cheapening the prestige they get by having those rewards.

My best advice is to plan to get the Twilight Harbinger instead of the Lifebinder's Handmaiden. You'll still be able to do the achievements to get the Harbinger during the next expansion and other than a slight difference in color, they are the same mount.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
09/19/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Joynal
We've got maybe 80 toons that earned their heroic Madness kill while on this server

You have 5 total guilds with 8/8hm which sets a maximum of 50 toons. Also, the number diminishes a little bit because there's a little bit of alt fishing between the guilds. I know Priestion was present for at least Siswai's madness kill.
They're happy to put a run together to sell the mount to you.

they won't be happy about it. they'll do it, but they'll groan and moan the whole time about having to log on because they've done it since march and it hasn't been remotely difficult since april and it's september now. if it wasn't for the gold, they'd skip out on the raid entirely.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/20/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Oh boy....
Reply Quote
Just a quick update for those that are interested I spent most my 3000 gold on getting better gear on the AH so now I am 373 woot lol. As for moving to a higher server, earlier this year I moved here from a low server Farstriders and found a great guild here which I'm exalted with not to mention I don't have the means to move my characters again. Maybe if my guild can't do it or I can't find enough to help than yes I will try and get the Twilight Harbringer since as was stated it will still be available. Thank you for the replies so far.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/20/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Kerrath
We've got maybe 80 toons that earned their heroic Madness kill while on this server

You have 5 total guilds with 8/8hm which sets a maximum of 50 toons. Also, the number diminishes a little bit because there's a little bit of alt fishing between the guilds. I know Priestion was present for at least Siswai's madness kill.
They're happy to put a run together to sell the mount to you.

they won't be happy about it. they'll do it, but they'll groan and moan the whole time about having to log on because they've done it since march and it hasn't been remotely difficult since april and it's september now. if it wasn't for the gold, they'd skip out on the raid entirely.

We have 11 in our guild who participated in kills. We have two players from outside the guild that also joined us for one or more of our Madness kills since not all our core can make it every week. And then there was Priesty on his BWR toon (or was until he transferred it off a few weeks ago) on top of that so we can account for 14 players alone. If you want to nitpick over Priesty no longer having that toon on the server then it's 13.

GoI had several players rotating in and out for their some of their kills and it wasn't just alt switching - some of their core stopped playing completely.

I can't say about how many players might have rotated in and out for other guilds on subsequent kills.

Yes, it's 5 guilds to make a minimum of 50 but I suspect 70-80 is more accurate because of toon switching week to week.

And some players are very motivated by gold. It might not be all of them but I'm sure many of them are happy to have that gold in their pocket no matter what they say publicly.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
I dunno, this is bwr

lol, too true. however, I'm really sensing that this guy is smarter than he's pretending to be, simply to take advantage of the nicer players on BWR. He'll just pretend to be clueless and broke until 24 suckers - I mean - nice people - come to carry him through the content without him lifting a finger. I don't buy it, but if any of you do, let me know. I have this bridge in Brooklyn I'd love to sell you.

I don't know, I feel like it would be much more work actually finding enough nice people who are willing/able to do this than it would be to gear up and learn the fights. I couldn't even find two people who wanted to go with me to the thermamore scenario... how is this guy going to find 24 to carry him through a raid and get him a pony? If he's just looking for an easy way for a pony, this is definitely not it.

Edit to say: derrrrrrp. Hi second page.

In the interest of helping... I don't raid, so my information is most likely terrible, but there are lots of videos on youtube that can help you learn the fights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGn2EHZAjSg
There's one. I have no idea if it's any good or not, having never done the raid myself, but at least it's somewhere to start. Also you should ask around to see what addons people use... I know Deadly Boss Mob... mod? is one of the addons that's often required in order for people to take you on raids. Again, I'm not the best source for this information, because the only mods I use are ones that let me summon random companion pets. Also, they usually want you to be on vent.

That's about the full extent of my knowledge. I'm sure someone else can/will provide better information, though.
Edited by Yellowflower on 9/20/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
My best advice is to plan to get the Twilight Harbinger instead of the Lifebinder's Handmaiden.

agreed 100%

09/20/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Joynal
And some players are very motivated by gold. It might not be all of them but I'm sure many of them are happy to have that gold in their pocket no matter what they say publicly.

oh don't get me wrong it's always nice to get ~10-15k for 1 hour of work, but it's not a fun endeavor when you have to spend that hour drudging through the biggest pile of dog !@#$ since diablo 3.

09/20/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Yellowflower
I don't know, I feel like it would be much more work actually finding enough nice people who are willing/able to do this than it would be to gear up and learn the fights. I couldn't even find two people who wanted to go with me to the thermamore scenario... how is this guy going to find 24 to carry him through a raid and get him a pony? If he's just looking for an easy way for a pony, this is definitely not it.

if he wanted the mount what he should have done was actually focus on his character over the 10 months that dragon soul has been available. if he'd taken the time to do that, and gear up, join a raiding guild, and get going, well, 10 months is enough time that even grandmas with terrible eyesight and the hand eye coordination of a potato could have the mount by now.

Unless he is magically sick with a terminal illness and manages to get the grant a wish foundation to help him he's not getting the mount now, though.

In the interest of helping... I don't raid, so my information is most likely terrible, but there are lots of videos on youtube that can help you learn the fights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGn2EHZAjSg

fatboss is always pretty reliable. it's a good source.

Also you should ask around to see what addons people use... I know Deadly Boss Mob... mod? is one of the addons that's often required in order for people to take you on raids.

This was formerly true, but less so now than before.

The user interface now is built in with many warnings and clearly visible signs for how you should react. DBM is a bit redundant with that in mind, unless you play a class that is extremely cooldown dependant and need to be absolutely sure that you get full uptime on them.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/20/2012 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have read all the comments posted here and do agree I should have focused more on getting my character geared and ready instead of questing or just playing with my professions if I done that I might have it by now. What I am going to do now is start getting higher gear so when the time comes I can get the Twilight Harbringer since it has been said and yes I even looked it up they are the same cept different color. Ten months ago I wasn't even playing lol I came back in April of this year but still as been said that was still enough time to do what needed to be done. I do want to thank you for the replies and the suggestions.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
09/20/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Thelanora
bwr is a medium pop server for the record. let us not confuse a lack of skill for a lack of players

idk, bwr back in january felt pretty similar to how alleria horde felt when my paladin was temporarily there. i'm not saying that there is no population, but i am saying that there is probably something about BWR that makes its numbers feel differently from how they are.

also, @iowawolf:

by the time you can acquire twilight harbinger, gear will not be a significant issue.
Edited by Kerrath on 9/20/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]