I want to be RAF'd.

(Locked)

1 Human Warrior
But alas there is no dedicated section for it and no way to contact anyone who want's to RAF a new player.

This seems tarded. If I worked for blizzard there would be a huge RAF section at the top of the forums with bells and whistles and blinking lights.

So yeah I want to be RAF'd to Darkspear. But I wont be. Because there are no chennels to contact players. Guess I'll go play Tera instead.
100 Dwarf Paladin
Maybe make a post on the Darkspear realm forum? I found a new friend to RAF with a month ago after he posted a similar thread on my realm forums.
There are also threads on wowheads forums.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
You can also do it on your own, and dual-box characters.
1 Human Warrior
You can't post on realm forums unless you are on a paid account. I'm not buying an account to post on forums to find a player to recruit me so I can then buy another account.

Do you see my dilemma?
You can't post on realm forums unless you are on a paid account. I'm not buying an account to post on forums to find a player to recruit me so I can then buy another account.

Do you see my dilemma?

Literally there is a huge raf thread on wowhead. Go there
1 Human Warrior

Do you see my dilemma?

I'm not interested in being raf'd to some abandoned scrub server.
100 Dwarf Paladin
How is it any different? Would you be able to find which server is "scrub" and which is "1337" any better on an official WoW RAF forum, than on the wowhead one?

Then go there and ask for someone on your realm. The thing is that none of this is blizzards problem because you are supposed to be getting together with your actual friends, not just trying to find some person out in the internet somewhere.
1 Human Warrior
09/19/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Regnatia
How is it any different? Would you be able to find which server is "scrub" and which is "1337" any better on an official WoW RAF forum, than on the wowhead one?

step 1 google "good wow server"

step 2 create toon, walk to capital city, observe.

step 3 examine realm forums for activity

step 4 ......

This is not an explanation thread this is customer support, I'm here to ask a question, not to answer them. kthxbai
1 Human Warrior

Then go there and ask for someone on your realm. The thing is that none of this is blizzards problem because you are supposed to be getting together with your actual friends, not just trying to find some person out in the internet somewhere.

SO my "actual friends" are on wowhead forums? Didn't think so. [Removed]
Edited by Vrakthris on 9/19/2012 3:05 PM PDT
80 Blood Elf Paladin
09/19/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Wazu
I'm here to ask a question

And you got an answer. If you are unwilling to listen to what you are being told, then there's no point in helping you.
1 Human Warrior
09/19/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Madisón
I'm here to ask a question

And you got an answer. If you are unwilling to listen to what you are being told, then there's no point in helping you.

If you don't work for blizzard you have no place answering questions about the inner workings of blizzard.
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
09/19/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Wazu
I want to be RAF'd to Darkspear

RAFs aren't server-specific. Certainly to get the benefits, the veteran and the recruit have to be logged in on characters on the same realm when they group together, but they can do so on multiple realms as they so choose.

I'm going to guess that what you're really wanting is to have an active player who wants to level with you on Darkspear send you an RAF. If so, that's what you would need to clearly state. The thread on WOWHead might work for you in that case.

HOWEVER, do note that any agreement with another player to do an RAF with you would be completely unsupported by Blizzard. They could decide they don't want to level with you soon after you upgrade and no one could force them to (and the mount or levels to grant them might not be sufficient motivation).

09/19/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Wazu
If you don't work for blizzard you have no place answering questions about the inner workings of blizzard.

This happens to be a player-to-player discussion forum. We players who answer questions do so to be helpful and base it on such things as written policy, past answers, and personal experience.

There are a few Blizzard reps known as Support Forum Agents who moderate this forum and may provide additional information, but they don't answer every thread nor is that their purpose here.
Edited by Eilethalua on 9/19/2012 3:01 PM PDT

SO my "actual friends" are on wowhead forums? Didn't think so. ****

No they probably aren't, but that's the options that are given to you as blizzard doesn't really like you farming out the RaF's.
Edited by Bavra on 9/19/2012 3:07 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Paladin
I just don't see how wowhead's RAF-finding thread is in any capacity worse than your proposed official forum solution.

step 1) Make Wowhead forum post
step 2) Read the replies you get, indicating which servers they play on
step 3) Google those servers
step 4) create toon, walk to capital city, observe
step 5) examine realm forums for activity
step 6) accept offer that seems the most lucrative
step 7) ???
step 8) Welcome to WoW

VS

step 1) Make official wow-forum RAF post
steps 2-8) exactly the same.

Your proposal isn't a bad one, since the "New Players" Forum specifically disallows RAF recruitment, and an official Blizzard forum would be tighter than pointing you to a 3rd party site, but we still offered you a fast and easy solution that you ignored.

Also, on a more personal note, we tried to help you and we got attitude back. It might be hard to make a friend to recruit you like that.
1 Human Warrior
09/19/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Eilethalua
I want to be RAF'd to Darkspear

RAFs aren't server-specific. Certainly to get the benefits, the veteran and the recruit have to be logged in on characters on the same realm when they group together, but they can do so on multiple realms as they so choose.

I'm going to guess that what you're really wanting is to have an active player who wants to level with you on Darkspear send you an RAF. If so, that's what you would need to clearly state. The thread on WOWHead might work for you in that case.

HOWEVER, do note that any agreement with another player to do an RAF with you would be completely unsupported by Blizzard. They could decide they don't want to level with you soon after you upgrade and no one could force them to (and the mount or levels to grant them might not be sufficient motivation).

I am aware of how raf works. I seriously doubt someone would just turn down unlimited 300% exp and raf mount "just because". And was there a point there somewhere?
1 Human Warrior
09/19/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Eilethalua
There are a few Blizzard reps known as Support Forum Agents who moderate this forum and may provide additional information, but they don't answer every thread nor is that their purpose here.

Anything blue, even a "[inappropriate acronym removed] " would be better than the onslaught of "I TOLD ANSWER! Y U NO LISTEN" posts that this thread seems to have attracted.
Edited by Vrakthris on 9/19/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
09/19/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Wazu
But alas there is no dedicated section for it and no way to contact anyone who want's to RAF a new player.

Recruit a Friend is intended to recruit... well... a "friend", Wazu. It is not a promotion intended to solicit a random stranger.

It is for those you may know in real life that want to bring you into the game, help you level with the RaF bonus, etc. . . .

09/19/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Wazu
This is not an explanation thread this is customer support, I'm here to ask a question, not to answer them. kthxbai

What precisely is your question? I'm not entirely certain you are expecting. Customer support, does not mean "anything I want". We cover specific subjects in this forum, and is a dedicated location for players to discuss support related matters with their fellow players.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932934075

step 1 google "good wow server"

step 2 create toon, walk to capital city, observe.

step 3 examine realm forums for activity

step 4 ......

Step 4, perhaps talk to others on the realm? Form a friendship and inquire if they would be interested in using the RaF promotion with you.
Support Forum Agent
Wazu, the dismissive and inappropriate language you are using while interacting with others is not appropriate for this forum and is a violation of our Code of conduct. Please stop.
Edited by Vrakthris on 9/19/2012 3:06 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]