Need Healing Advice! (kind of)

41 Dwarf Warlock
Hello! Be ready for potential wall of text... But no worries, there will be a TL;DR at bottom.
Also, I'm putting this in the healer forum because all of the posts I've read and the questions you all have answered for me made me a better healer and player. I love he healing community outside of healing advice, so was hoping for some guidance again.

Throughout Cata I've actually switched guilds/servers a lot :/ . (once a tier, but that feels like a lot to me)The happiest change I made this expac was finnally going alliance (but I had wanted it for a long time, I just had to wait for my friends and guildies to finish a raiding tier so I didn't leave them hanging)

But that's kind of where this stems from. The happiest decision in my wow career was finally going alliance. I have a track record of staying with guilds longer than I want to because either the guild is nice or one person in the guild is nice. I'm unfortunately easily swayed to heal for a group consistently for a tier.

The guild I healed with for Dragon Soul was a 25 man raiding guild that took a break for the summer after clearing 5/8 heroic. I spent the rest of the tier healing/dpsing for an alt 10man heroic group looking to finish. The guild was always really nice, and this was my first time ever progressing into heroics with a guild group, but I learned a lot about what I like in wow during this expansion.

I like pvp realms, I like being in my own time zone, I like a close horde to alliance ratio and I like medium pop realms.

During the summer break only the alt 10man run would log on raid nights, otherwise it was just me running around a server that didn't match up with what I like. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to leave.

So here's the gist...

TL; DR? -- My guild is a nice group of people, but I don't like the server. Is that a good enough reason to stop healing for them and server transfer? For once I want to move for my wants rather than a guilds needs, so that I can stay on a server long term. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Raeburn
TL; DR? -- My guild is a nice group of people, but I don't like the server. Is that a good enough reason to stop healing for them and server transfer? For once I want to move for my wants rather than a guilds needs, so that I can stay on a server long term. Thoughts?

Absolutely. If you are unhappy on the server you are on now, you are in no way obligated to stick around. Raiding is everything for some, but I know for me raiding is but a tiny fragment of my time. Maybe the most "meaningful" (to some I suppose), but I like to reasonably enjoy 100% of my time on the game, not REALLY enjoy 5-10% and meh the rest of the time. Sounds like you are in the same mindset. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Raeburn
My guild is a nice group of people, but I don't like the server. Is that a good enough reason to stop healing for them and server transfer? For once I want to move for my wants rather than a guilds needs, so that I can stay on a server long term. Thoughts?

Totally. You are not obligated to your guildmates and you shouldn't let them determine where you spend your time. You can bow out gracefully and allow a new healer to take their place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Best option for you... If you really want to go elsewhere, you can always make an alt. Either make a new toon on the server you want to be on and leave your current guilded toon, or make a new toon to stay and help the guild when transfer your main. Everyone is in coast mode till MoP anyway so if you wanted to start leveling a new toon for MoP raiding, now is a great time.

I did this a while back. My guild transferred servers and I didn't go with them right away because I was unsure about the server. We had all been together over a year and I was a rather critical piece of the raid group as far as healing went but I didn't move until I was ready.

Eventually I DID transfer, but even still, I opted to focus on other servers for a while until they got their stuff together. We've all been together for around 3+ years now and have forged great bonds but if we were stuck on a crap server making no progress, I'd still go elsewhere.
Reply Quote
41 Dwarf Warlock
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm pretty much set on moving, because I REALLY miss a pvp realm.

I really like the idea of keeping an alt on this realm, thanks Ash! Plus it saves cost to not move all my toons :P

At the end of the day I don't think anyone will be all that upset, because it is the end of an expac and things are pretty lax for everyone on this last week.

I guess my reasoning just felt incomplete originally.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's funny, my original reason for leaving to a different realm was to get onto a PVP server as well. I was upset, though, when I realized that there really wasn't any world PVP and that it essentially wasn't much different from a PVE server. Hopefully that will change with Blizzard's renewed focus on getting players out into the world instead of hiding in the cities all the time. Cross realm zones will be nice for PVP servers as well!

Have fun and good luck!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]