Moonglade?

31 Tauren Druid
Leveling up my first Druid ever, just got the Teleport Moonglade spell. Does this spell serve any purpose? I'm guessing back in the day you had to come here for all kinds of class quests or some such thing, but now it seems pretty useless. There don't appear to be any quests here in Moonglade, nothing really to do.

With no more real need for trainers and no class quests left to speak of, is this spell just a carryover from a happier time? With all the other revamping in 5.0, how is this spell still in the game?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Some class quests still exist!! It's not too bad of a HUB for an extra hearth.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Druid
In vanilla, the bear shapeshift quest (which was at level 10) required you to teleport to moonglade. Not sure about the tauren equivalent.
Reply Quote
19 Draenei Shaman
Archaeology. It helps you get around Kalimdor a lot faster when you have this.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ego
I think you also had to go to Moonglade for the quest to get your aquaform. If I remember correctly you had to swim in that lake there.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Sykofury
I think you also had to go to Moonglade for the quest to get your aquaform. If I remember correctly you had to swim in that lake there.

I'm like 85% sure that's a different lake you had to swim to. I remember because I kept hitting the fatigue line trying to get to the box.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
The aquatic form quest for Horde required you to swim way, way down off the shore of Silverpine Forest and then go to The Sludge Fen in The Barrens.

Teleport: Moonglade had more of a purpose before Cataclysm and the Mount Hyjal portal. I still go there because it's quiet and peaceful.
Edited by Leafywinds on 9/16/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/16/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Rabzaus

I'm like 85% sure that's a different lake you had to swim to. I remember because I kept hitting the fatigue line trying to get to the box.

For Alliance, at least back in TBC, you had to swim in the Moonglade Lake and talk to some spirit whose name escapes me at the moment. Then you went off the coast of Westfall for some reason, I can't remember.

Not sure what Horde had to do, I faction xferred last year after I hit 85.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The aqua form quest involved going into the lake in moonglade and then going to westfall/silverpine to get two halves of a trinket or something.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Farora - entirely correct. (Though it was a pendant: Pendant of the Sea Lion)

Teha - In addition to the quests that you had to do, I used to (and still do) use it to get to the other continent (being ally); but it doesn't do much for Horde, since Org isn't that much farther away.
Edited by Taswind on 9/16/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Two halves of a pendant, for Alliance, one was off the coast of Darkshore by the rocks that looked like a crab's claw, the other in Westfall along the fatigue line (With some level 30 elite shark pats to boot). Good times.

And if Blizz decides to get rid of my Moonglade teleport, there will be hell to pay.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Back in vanilla the only place to train as a druid was Darnassus outside of moonglade, so hopping over to moonglade to train then hearthing home was mandatory else you're stuck with a very, VERY long flight. Anyone else remember flight paths moving at half speed and taking an excessively scenic route??

Worst ever was when you would teleport to moonglade and your hearth was down...
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
Back in vanilla the only place to train as a druid was Darnassus outside of moonglade, so hopping over to moonglade to train then hearthing home was mandatory else you're stuck with a very, VERY long flight. Anyone else remember flight paths moving at half speed and taking an excessively scenic route??

Worst ever was when you would teleport to moonglade and your hearth was down...

I actually kind of miss the long flight paths. They were always great when we were flying out to AQ or some other raid for the night and we all had a few minutes to chat amongst our guildies.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
[quote]I actually kind of miss the long flight paths. They were always great when we were flying out to AQ or some other raid for the night and we all had a few minutes to chat amongst our guildies.

No, not even a little bit lol. Those flight paths were terrible. I refuse to take them even now. I'd rather run my happy little butt around then spend 10-15 mins staring at my screen while my toon flies circles over azeroth...

Of course, I tend to spend way to much time flying myself aimlessly over it but still, details!
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
09/16/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Samanthya
[quote]I actually kind of miss the long flight paths. They were always great when we were flying out to AQ or some other raid for the night and we all had a few minutes to chat amongst our guildies.

No, not even a little bit lol. Those flight paths were terrible. I refuse to take them even now. I'd rather run my happy little butt around then spend 10-15 mins staring at my screen while my toon flies circles over azeroth...

Of course, I tend to spend way to much time flying myself aimlessly over it but still, details!

I'm guilty of the same, cept its usually on my hunter looking for random rares I haven't got yet. But then again, I was in high school back in nilla, so I would always be doing homework and makin burritos for the raid, kind of gave me a few minutes of downtime.

Remember when the meeting stones were introduced? Best. Thing. Ever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Im not sure about you guys but i really liked class quests. I loved mu bear form quest and also the one to get cure poison. It explains why we have control over that (because of Cenarius) it made the game more intersesting that just lvl up and then hey look i magically learn everything.
Those little details gave the game some purpose but now it's just so bland and straight forward that sometimes it's not really that funny anymore =(.
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
Im not sure about you guys but i really liked class quests. I loved mu bear form quest and also the one to get cure poison. It explains why we have control over that (because of Cenarius) it made the game more intersesting that just lvl up and then hey look i magically learn everything.
Those little details gave the game some purpose but now it's just so bland and straight forward that sometimes it's not really that funny anymore =(.

Oh I agree 100%!

I really miss how the storyline flowed back in vanilla. While I definitely don't want to have to go through that over and over for every alt I make, I still think they shouldn't have changed it so you get the spell/ability simply because you leveled.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

I really liked the class quests as well, and I really think that druids pretty probably had it best in that regard, right alongside warlocks. They really made you feel like you really were the class you chose, and gave you some sense of kinship with the other members of your class that went through the same class-unique trials that you did.

I can see why Blizzard took out the ones that were necessary to learn important spells, but I really think that classes need their own specific quests that involve going to places and doing things that are actually appropriate for them, even if they're optional. A generic quest that's basically just a Shadowfang Keep run, and a similar one for BRD just doesn't cut it.
Edited by Mareau on 9/16/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Troll Hunter

I really liked the class quests as well, and I really think that druids pretty probably had it best in that regard, right alongside warlocks. They really made you feel like you really were the class you chose, and gave you some sense of kinship with the other members of your class that went through the same class-unique trials that you did.

I can see why Blizzard took out the ones that were necessary to learn important spells, but I really think that classes need their own specific quests that involve going to places and doing things that are actually appropriate for them, even if they're optional. A generic quest that's basically just a Shadowfang Keep run, and a similar one for BRD just doesn't cut it.

Hunters with Rhok'delar would like to have a word with you. Honestly the best class quest hands down, nothing tested the skill of a player quite like that quest chain did.

But I agree 100% with how awesome class quests were, they made being that certain class truly unique and made the journey that much better.
Edited by Rakanîshu on 9/16/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Hunters with Rhok'delar would like to have a word with you. Honestly the best class quest hands down, nothing tested the skill of a play quite like that quest chain did.

Ah. I never did do that one. Never raided as a hunter.
Edited by Mareau on 9/16/2012 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]