Can Blizzard please up elemental shaman DPS!

88 Orc Shaman
Ever since patch 5.0.4 Shaman DPS has been complete garbage my guild is considering dropping me because of this garbage DPS. They said either they will have to drop me or I will have to go resto and heal for the group...I hate healing it just isn't my thing. Can y'all just please up our damage getting 20-30k crits just isn't cutting it I don't get what was the need for such a nerf?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I can guarantee you it's not the class.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
One clear of TFW and DS, check.
>5% over hit cap, check.
Complains about guild threatening to drop him because of dps, check.

Sounds fine to me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ele shaman dps is extremely reliant on abilities you'll get in MoP. If your guild is thinking about dropping you now, they're stupid.

Yes, ele is doing really bad damage. It'll be fixed in a week.
Reply Quote
Heal until MoP, then do whatever you want?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
For sure it droped but it aint that bad.. instead of doing 65k on DW I dow 45k-50k and other fights instead of 45-53k well it got me to like 33-42k all depends on procc
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/16/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Skwish

Yes, actually, it is. To balance for ascendance, a talent that shammies won't get until mists drops, shaman dps has taken a hit. From where it was before. When it was already bottom of the barrel.

To op: one week, dude, and you will have something to help. Patience.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
09/18/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Dictainabox

Yes, actually, it is. To balance for ascendance, a talent that shammies won't get until mists drops, shaman dps has taken a hit. From where it was before. When it was already bottom of the barrel.

It's not the class if a guild is threatening to drop him. Especially with the current state of DS. Ele shaman dps on live is not so low that you would bench someone unless they were bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Sounds to me like ur guild is full of pure bread dicks, guilds are nothing but greedy these days.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
The class before was middle of the pack to low in terms of dps on most fights especially without a legendary staff. So it very well could be the class and the guild. The OP probably isn't playing it perfectly and the guild probably isn't the most logical if they are considering benching people in this in between time for dps/hps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
To his defense... the 5.0 patch seems to have nerfed ele shaman dps by a good 20%, that has nothing to do with skill and gear. It took a middle to bottom of the pack dps spec and literally made it bottom.

For instance, I haven't played in about a year and wearing the same exact gear I was doing around 5-6k more dps then compared to now.

It is possible that things turn around at 90 (and with the xpac a week away, who cares about 85 balance), but if I've learned anything by playing a shaman so long is that I will not get my hopes up any time soon lol.
Edited by Xvi on 9/18/2012 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/18/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Purebalance

It's not the class if a guild is threatening to drop him. Especially with the current state of DS. Ele shaman dps on live is not so low that you would bench someone unless they were bad.

I actually should have looked at his toon before commenting. Yeah, he appears to be screwing some stuff up.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Comparatively speaking Elemental Shaman Damage is lower than other classes, however, you should still be putting up numbers that were equal to, if not greater than pre-patch, unless you are in the upper upper tier of raiders and gear.

Some things to note:
You are using Intellect/Haste Hybrid Gems in Red Sockets, this is bad. In any, and all red sockets you should be using Pure Intellect gems.
You do not have a Belt Buckle on your Belt, this is a lost of at least 40, as well as using a hybrid Gem on your belt instead of the Pure Intellect gem.
In your two rings, you are using Mastery gems as opposed to Intellect gems, which is again the incorrect choice.
Your gloves have a hybrid gem, when it should have a pure intellect gem.
Your Helm have the 54 Intellect and 3% Critical Effect Meta.
Your Cloak has a hybrid Gem when it should be an Intellect gem.
Your Shoulders have Hybrid Gems instead of Intellect Gems
Your chest has Hybrid Gems instead of Intellect Gems.
Don't forget you can forge away from hit or spirit when you are over 15% hit to get closer to cap and have more of a dps stat that is not wasted.

Rotationally, I have found the best results with the following:
1:Drop Searing Totem
2: Flame shock the Target
3: Use Lava Burst on Cooldown while Flame shock is on the target
4: Lightning Bolt as filler until 5 Stacks of Lightning shield then
5: Use Earth shock to trigger fulmination at 5 stacks of lightning Shield.

Try to use the advice above and you should see a damage increase.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
who cares if your guild drops you, find another one. your guild from the looks of it isn't good or they didn't take you to heroic progression and decided to take you to reg ds just this month. that or you just made up everything you said about your guild dropping you to exaggerate your point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
A guild with 1/8H down with 35% nerf? Yea they sound super serious.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I agree with this, I had to sit on the sidelines of my guild for most of cataclysm because of the horrible elemental dps output. Enhancement and resto aren't the only specs shamans want to play, and honestly I won't level my shaman, for this sole reason, first. We've had one patch in the entirety of cataclysm where we were competitive in dps and we had to have a Legendary staff just to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Shaman
Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by approximately 8%. This also applies to Overload Lightning Bolt and Echo of the Elements Lightning Bolt.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-9_20_2012

A sweet little shaman buff if I do say so myself.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
He also has some pretty bad talent choices for PVE. And idk what he's doing with his enh spec I'm just going to close my eyes and pretend he just recently changed it from ele with the glyphs he has.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
09/20/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Itstings
I agree with this, I had to sit on the sidelines of my guild for most of cataclysm because of the horrible elemental dps output. Enhancement and resto aren't the only specs shamans want to play, and honestly I won't level my shaman, for this sole reason, first. We've had one patch in the entirety of cataclysm where we were competitive in dps and we had to have a Legendary staff just to do it.

If you were sat for all of cataclysm, its a player not a class issue. Unless your guild was bleeding edge server first hunting, Elemental was not a detriment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]