Order of the Blade restructured.

100 Night Elf Druid
Hello. I posted this in the 'to the Order of the Blade' thread, but wanted to make sure it was more easily visible (I've had a couple folks asking where it was). So reposting here as a quote:

To all concerned:

As Kod has commented he is no longer GM of Order of the Blade. After careful consideration of the events of the past few days, the guild held an election and chose a new GM. Mayaclast is now leading the guild. She is a stellar person and I look forward to our days under her guidance.

We have allowed Kod to remain in guild as a courtesy, and because many of us consider him a personal friend. You will note, however, his rank. Edit: Maya has removed Kod from guild.

I will note that when Mayaclast went into Alliance OCC to announce that the guild was under new leadership, she was cursed at, and then when she reported the individuals cursing at her for foul language she was banned from the channel. This was deeply disappointing -- we have taken your complaints into consideration, restructured our guild, and this is the olive branch of peace we have been offered? Whatever happened to compromise?

We are now discussing what should be future actions of the guild re: the CC RP community. Clearly you've decided that we all deserve judgement and ill treatment because we formerly had a GM you disliked.

Please do not hesitate to voice any questions or concerns. I'm sure our members would be happy to respond.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I'm sorry that you received this manner of response in the AllianceOOC chat. I was not present and would have spoken against anyone being cursed out in open chat. As far as the situation regarding your guild and Kod's status within it, if it shows to be true, then as far as Order of the Blade is concerned, I have no further issues. The only reason I add any sort of caveat is because my trust regarding your guild members has been damaged. Like I said, however, if it proves to be true, then I'll consider the matter with your guild closed.

Admittedly, I only speak for myself in this matter, but I hope that other people will feel the same.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Good for you. Just keep in mind that repairing the damage that was wrought will take some time and understanding from all sides involved.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I would also like to apologize for the immediate ban from OOC I gave Maya when I saw the OTB guild tag. I hadn't heard about the new leadership.

Talked it over with Maya and a lot of us in OOC and we're all happy to have a cease-fire and end all this back and forth drama.

So for this week we'll all go to our separate corners and relax. No more forum posts or accusations.
Edited by Ehlina on 9/18/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've been somewhat following all of this throughout the past few days. I generally dislike getting wrapped up in all of this drama, because frankly, it makes my head hurt. But I want to chip in my two cents on the matter, and then leave it be.

People have escalated this far past all reason. It's gotten ridiculous, folks. Regardless of what has happened, this all sounds exactly like high school, and I'm boggled by it.

There is absolutely unfair treatment on both sides, from the RP community on its high perch to the OotB members in their rash behavior. However, the fact that there have to be "sides" is saddening in and of itself, especially when -all- if this is happening Alliance-side. Anybody wanna transfer to Horde?~ We'll let you know right away when there's an issue, fight it out, and then go drinking after ;3

For the love of all that is good in this world, can we -please- try to keep the number of forum threads on this issue down? Take pity on the poor forum mods.

Lastly? Chill pill and a cold shower, folks. This is a game. If you're losing sleep over what's going on here, take a step back, calm down, and get yourself centered again. There are drama-mongers on both sides, and if you let them get to you, it'll just get worse. Even better yet, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk to them about it instead of ranting on the forums. Pull them aside in whispers, explain your side, LISTEN to theirs, and you may be surprised by the civility that comes out. Forums and public chat breed escalation and gossip. Put on your big-kid panties, darlings, it's time to wrap this up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Congratulations to Mayaclast, I truly hope she can help restore the guild's reputation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Frankly, the bad blood has been on both sides.

This situation was dealt with, poorly, by both sides. Sides, that in the past, have gotten along relatively well - at least within their own factions. Hell, there /weren't/ sides before - PvPers RP'd, and RPers PvP'd.

That's how it should be.

I'm sorry if the new gleader was met with unduly harsh reactions, but perhaps people are merely lashing out because of previous mistakes, again, made by both sides.

We could've handled this all better. All of us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Woah.... what?

There was an election? Order has been Kod's guild since day one. IMO, if you didn't like what he was doing, you should leave and start a new guild. :-/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
An Order of the Blade without a Kod is like a fish without a bicycle.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Woah.... what?

There was an election? Order has been Kod's guild since day one. IMO, if you didn't like what he was doing, you should leave and start a new guild. :-/

Guild perks make that idea quite a bit less attractive than it used to be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Surprise, surprise. Kod has leadership of OotB again. Disappointing, really.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Verogoth
Surprise, surprise. Kod has leadership of OotB again. Disappointing, really.

But it doesn't even matter right now. Not until someone pass locks AOOC again. Which, honestly, I don't see happening.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
09/28/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Tyrynna
But it doesn't even matter right now. Not until someone pass locks AOOC again. Which, honestly, I don't see happening.

This. Why keep stirring the pot?
Reply Quote
Oh look, I was right. Kod gave the guild to his good friend just long enough to get his guilds bad rep out of the mud lol and then he got it back. Soo glad they are on my blacklist.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
I get much amusement from the constant immaturity and QQ from you people :]

Keep it up and soon SW will be filled with the blood of constant pms

...Proof that, once again, we find that Avarence is a five year old.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

...Proof that, once again, we find that Avarence is a five year old.

Me claiming i gain amusement from all of your qq towards kod says I'M immature??

an illogical conclusion at best
Edited by Avarence on 10/1/2012 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
09/30/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Avarence
Keep it up and soon SW will be filled with the blood of constant pms

...is the part I was referring to.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
wat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]