Savior titles have become worthless.

100 Gnome Death Knight
Haven't you heard, everyone is a winner in the world of warcraft
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
nerds.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
More Saviors than Normal Magmaw kills on my server now.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
So's this game. Find a better one, you'll feel better.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
09/19/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Xarofate
So my question is why make a heroic raid that easy?

Same question I asked myself after they nerfed the content past 10%. It's all relative. Savior became worthless the second they released the 15% nerf.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/19/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Sabod
The one exception I can think of was 25 man heroic Lich King in the cata patch because the added dps didn't nerf defile, everyone got an extra 20% or so hp though whch helped survivability a ton.

The pre-Cata patch didn't do anything to 25 Heroic Halion, either. He ended up being about the same before the patch.

The other Icecrown bosses weren't so lucky, especially with the Chill of the Throne debuff gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Content has always been a joke in the pre expansion patch, I remember in BC going through karazhan in about 30 mins and BT in about 90 mins, the hardest fight in Sunwell M'uru became a joke which could dps zerged by guilds who had been stuck on it before the patch.

The one exception I can think of was 25 man heroic Lich King in the cata patch because the added dps didn't nerf defile, everyone got an extra 20% or so hp though whch helped survivability a ton.

Its nothing new, people can still see when you killed the fight in your achievements, in mop if you really care theres the "cutting edge" achievements for completing un nerfed content.

I was in a group that pugged heroic Lich King in that period of time, but it was a pug of people from the top 3 realm guilds predominately, making it like a half-pug super group. Even that said, the fight was still fundamentally challenging. Killing Valks wasn't as hard but pug groups struggled with the coordination. Defile wasn't too bad because the players were mostly good.

Once they nerfed Spine's tentacle health by 20%, the same time they introduced the 5% zone wide nerf, the instance was trivial. Madness was never super hard, the fight was Spine and in large part due to tentacle health. DS after the 5% nerf was easier than Heroic LK after the Cata 4.0 patch. Once you get into the DS 25%+ nerf, pfft. Cata five mans at launch were probably harder.

More Saviors than Normal Magmaw kills on my server now.

Or that. Seems the last I looked, our realm had 60+ 8/8 HM DS guilds. 3 13/13 HM t11 guilds.
Edited by Aani on 9/20/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Actually they nuked healing I believe... making it a lot harder to actually heal H LK in the prepatch. Most people failed to kill it due to this problem. I know the guild I was in during that period of time went from a near kill to not being able to survive p2 again.

Did they? Our only kill of heroic LK 25 was just after the pre-patch, and we lost 2 healers to valks, healing issues didn't show up after that and we got our kill (consider this, US #226, at 30%.. we're so far from the amount of heroic DW kills aren't we? lol)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
14,000 Heroic Deathwings, to 11,000 Normal Lich Kings

The Lich king #, includes kills made post expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Actually they nuked healing I believe

they sure as hell didn't nuke druids. i had to heal in my offspec for my kill and was feeding our disc priest innervates because lol 3% mana from revitalize... i could heal all day and never go below 75% mana once that patch hit.
Edited by Tsilyi on 9/21/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

LK was actually a harder fight then DW thats why.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
09/21/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Zumi

Which is sad, considering it's Normal to Heroic ratio :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/21/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Postonforums

Which is sad, considering it's Normal to Heroic ratio :(

The extra sad part to that is that you could kill normal LK twice in one week.. since 10 and 25 where on different lockouts
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I'M A SAVIOR DAMNIT! WHY IS LK SO HARD!? NERF IT BLIZZ
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Once they nerfed Spine's tentacle health by 20%, the same time they introduced the 5% zone wide nerf, the instance was trivial.

Once you get into the DS 25%+ nerf, pfft. Cata five mans at launch were probably harder.

Hyperbole much?

If you find pre-nerf heroic raids to be "trivial" you should be happy that you are in the top echelon of WoW players. You do not represent anything other than the very cutting edge, and you already know that the game is not catered to you. These kinds of posts serve no purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Defile doesn't afraid of anything. However, I was afraid of Naumu's old CRT monitor.
Edited by Pinkiepìe on 9/21/2012 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I still

still

still

Don't know why people struggle with defile now days.

Luckily we weeded the derp out of my weekly group.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I still

still

still

Don't know why people struggle with defile now days.

Luckily we weeded the derp out of my weekly group.

Because collapsing for valks and running out for Defile is hard, man!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]