Playable Furbolgs

90 Night Elf Druid
Faction - Either

Starting Zone - Phased Grizzly Hills (1-10) and Phased Crystalsong Forest / Part of the Emerald Dream / Part of Ashenvale (10-20)

Classes
Druid
Hunter
Mage
Monk
Priest
Rogue
Shaman
Warrior

Mount
They have a Running wild-style ability called lumbering charge as well as flying mounts at level 60. The flying mounts would be fey drakes: fully grown faerie dragons.

Story / Questline

The furbolg starting quests would have sections that are both a starting experience and level 90 / 100 scenarios (level 90 for the launch event of the next expansion, ala Theramore).

Siege of Grizzlemaw
The Battle of Bilgewater Harbor (Horde)
The Invasion of Zoram'gar Strand (Alliance)

The Grizzlemaw Furbolg

After hearing rumors of the Northrend Furbolg's corruption dissipating from the Timbermaw the Cenarion Circle resolves to send emissaries to the furbolg of Grizzley Hills. They send Broll Bearmantle and Hamuul Runetotem magically disguised as furbolg.

<Start of the Furbolg questing>

Collect materials, frolic in the forest, and war with the other faction. (Redfang vs Winterpaw: who you're with is determine by your fur color from character creation)

Broll and Hamuul arive and talk to the Frostpaw and Ragefang tribes under the guise of Timbermaw Furbolg. They arrange a ceasefire and a summit at at Ursoc's Shrine. They manage to form an alliance between the two tribes by convincing them that their divisions were a result of their corruption, which is the real enemy. They pray to Ursoc to bless their new alliance, but he remains silent. Broll and Hamuul reveal themselves as not Timbermaw, but members of the Cenarion Circle. There is some anger at their deception, but it is accepted as they have only helped the furbolg.

United, the tribes start to rebuilding the Grizzlemaw. They gather lumber and food from the forest and focus on building mainly housing and infrastructure (bear-style), no fortifications. On a fetch quest in the roots of the Grizzlemaw the player discovers an eye. (looks like http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54686#) After this is reported to Broll, Hamuul, & Tur Ragepaw a rush to build fortifications starts. After a few quests you see faceless in the river and the furbolg pray one last time for Ursoc's blessing.

Siege of the Grizzlemaw
A few adventurers from the horde and alliance arrive with Hierophant Thayreen, Windseer Grayhorn, Ruuna the Blind. (level 90 player can experience this as well)
Aquatic Faceless attack from river and you use makeshift catapults to fire gobs of burning sap and pitch at them. Black corruption wells up at the bottom of the Grizzlemaw, Faceless come up form the base & start summoning something. After killing many enemies you are pushed out of the Grizzlemaw to the South. You march to the part of Vordrassil's trunk that juts into the sky in hope of attacking from above, but are hemmed in by the Faceless and pushed to the end of the limb. A giant tendril of N'zoth comes out of the center of the Grizzlemaw, swatting some furbolg off of the high limb. You all pray desperately for Ursoc's aid.

In a scene a rune appears on the flat of the upper limb of Vordrassil and a spectral Ursoc gorges the tentacle. Empowered with the ancient's blessing you leap onto the tendril and gorge it until it retreats underground.
The furbolg and others use the blessing to drive the faceless from the Grizzlemaw, finally combining druidic and shamanistic magic to purify and seal the area with a giant totem. (the black blood goes away) Ursoc then speaks to you and tells you to go to his shrine. Once everyone is there he teleports you all to the Eastern end of Crystalsong, saying that if you could reach the great tree he can help you all further.

You quest through Crystalsong and Ursoc resurrects himself at the Great Tree and teleports you all into the dream. You meet him and his brother, Ursol and help them in the dream briefly.(~level 15-20~) then through a portion of the Emerald Dream, eventually emerging at Bough Shadow. Here you are prompted to join either the Alliance or Horde. You are free to go, but the optional next part of the questline is one of the following scenarios.

Horde

Travel to Bilgewater Harbor
The Battle of Bilgewater Harbor
Naga / faceless cave pops up
Cannon damaged
Repel the naga
Fix the canon
Defeat the twilight's hammer traitor
Fire the cannon at the faceless general
(lobster barbecue, $$$)
Delve into the cave and defeat the faceless and naga.

Alliance

Travel to Zoram'gar Strand
The Invasion of Zoram'gar Strand
Blackfathom Deeps explodes with faceless & old god power
The naga invade
Repel the invaders (in a glaive thrower)
Spy on the faceless & naga
Summon ancients
Fight the faceless general atop a giant ancient of Ashenvale
Delve into Blackfathom deeps (not the dungeon, just the pre-dungeon cave which now has a path to a dungeon with faceless and naga)

Edit: So what do you guys think? Cool or not so much?
Edited by Wildsharu on 9/16/2012 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Edit: So what do you guys think? Cool or not so much?

If you could, would you race change your toons to Furbolgs? Cause I wouldn't personally.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I've always been an advocate for playable Furbolgs as a new Alliance race.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I know that they'd need modern models (just like the worgen got a new model after their WotLK update), but I think that they'll make a great race. They can definitely beat quilboars, who likes quilboars? Anyway, they could be bi-factional or Alliance only (with the Horde getting, I don't know, ogres?) either way we're due up for a new race or two next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Furbolg are pretty, but we already have a bear race that would serve pretty much the same purpose.

Personally i'd prefer Quilboar on the Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/16/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
As have I. Furbolgs and ogres are really the only two races that could become playable without really having to fiddle with the lore at all.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Furbolg are pretty, but we already have a bear race that would serve pretty much the same purpose.

Personally i'd prefer Quilboar on the Alliance.

I think that the quilboars are a bit too uncivilized to join a faction. The Furbolg are more savage than the pandaren, yet, as we've seen in Timbermaw, they are as intelligent as the other races.

Also, Furbolgs have much more awesome lore and story than do the Pandaren.

To clarify I meant to include that after traveling to Ashenvale the Furbolg would send emissaries out to recruit and purify the other furbolg tribes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Also the old god involved was N'Zoth trying to regain his control over the furbolgs that had previously been influenced by Yogg'Saron.
Reply Quote
Improper usage of the word 'his' in the last sentence. Sorry, it bothers me

I'd be all for playable furbolgs, as long as we use an existing tribe, such as the Timbermaw or Stillhold. Would also be nice if there was a bunch of lore on the Bear Twins

Playable Classes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warrior
Hunter
Shaman
Priest
Druid
Mage
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Improper usage of the word 'his' in the last sentence. Sorry, it bothers me

I'd be all for playable furbolgs, as long as we use an existing tribe, such as the Timbermaw or Stillhold. Would also be nice if there was a bunch of lore on the Bear Twins

Playable Classes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Warrior
Hunter
Shaman
Priest
Druid
Mage

Rogue because furbolg don't have hooves and monk because it is a lollore class already and furbolg can't be warlocks, death knights, or paladins.

Edit: the furbolg in my scenario would garner and purify the tribes of northern Kalimdor.
Edited by Wildsharu on 9/16/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Furbolgs(always want to spell it as Furblogs) would be an awesome race. It would be awesome to see how the Furbolgs would interact with the Pandaren and other races.
Reply Quote
Ah, yah, forgot about rogues. Monk... I guess slightly more plausible than warlock
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/16/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Aurriastraza
Ah, yah, forgot about rogues. Monk... I guess slightly more plausible than warlock

Yeah, hehe, Furbolg warlocks will happen right after Night elf and Draenei locks.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I actually think Warlock would be an alright class for them, seeing a small sect embracing their corruption and using it against their enemies.

Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Warlock, Shaman, Druid
Edited by Pyronaptor on 9/16/2012 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/16/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
I actually think Warlock would be an alright class for them, seeing a small sect embracing their corruption and using it against their enemies.

But the only playable ones are the uncorrupted. It'd be like playing an erandar.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
09/16/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Wildsharu
But the only playable ones are the uncorrupted.

None are playable at the moment.

And what if the ones that were playable were corrupted?
Edited by Pyronaptor on 9/16/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Some sects of the kaldorei race were corrupted, and yet we don't see playable warlock kaldorei.... yet
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
09/16/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

Yea I have seen Furbolg as an ideal Alliance race. I actually thought that the Alliance should have gotten Furbolgs instead of Worgen do I like either one.
Edited by Furrkane on 9/16/2012 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]