With Open Arms: Arms PvP Guide 5.2 WIP

90 Human Warrior
Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't Crot > Str on gemming since Str is 1.6 sep and crit is something like 1.4 but you get 2x as much crit on gems as str now?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
I am rolling warrior for MoP. Been playing mage/priest/rogue for years now.

This has helped me tremendously. Ty!
Edited by Mclîfe on 9/20/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
09/19/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Mooskitt
only be true in a perfect pvp situation where you completely out-skill your opponents.

I do completely outskill my opponents, thanks for the compliment!

Nah, but that wouldn't be right if I ended it like that. Yeah, dynamic pvp situations happen. Having more tools to stop opponents would be great right? If you don't clash with any silences on your arena team, I would give it a 9/10. That makes it the second best glyph in my opinion.

Gag order is fantastic. I happened to play with a shadowpriest on my team. They didn't mix well (for context I tried the old talent trees, not in the glyph form but they are the same). That doesn't mean that gag order is bad, it just wasn't for me. If you can get it to work for you, even while playing with other silencing classes - great!

I just don't see the logic behind telling a new warrior that gag order is a mandatory glyph, when it isn't. If they got some information from the guide (and these conversations no doubt), they would see that gag order is very powerful glyph. They might seriously consider picking it up to, and doing some arena with it. They also just might do some non-rated battlegrounds, and maybe hindering strikes + enraged speed might be what they like.

You are assuming too many things from players, like if they PvP they must be doing arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
So after the most recent nerfs, I'm thinking I should go and rename the main abilities.

Mortal Noodle

Flowerpower

Slap

Waterthirst

Whining Blow

Wimp Flail
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Really nice and extensive guide so far. 2 Thumbs up and request for sticky.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
when are you gonna update the enchants/gem stats?
blues are 320 pvp power, and glove enchant are 170 str etc. etc.
Edited by Michaelocios on 10/6/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have an issue with the macros, it seems a lot of them are Pre MoP as they still have stance changes in them. With all the skill being usable in any stance except for shield reflect and shield wall which just requires a shield change, I see little incentive to change stance out of defensive stance which reduces damage by 25%. Am I right at all with these conclusions or is there still benefit to going with the other stances.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Been playing mage since WotLK...Just started playing my warrior again and found this guide very helpful! Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So after the most recent nerfs, I'm thinking I should go and rename the main abilities.

Mortal Noodle

Flowerpower

Slap

Waterthirst

Whining Blow

Wimp Flail

Nothing has changed. Tooltips were updated.
Reply Quote
This guide is awesome. Btw, you're a vgood writer. Thxs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Thanks man =)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Mortal Strike - This is the #1 ability you have. It is the most iconic arms attack, and it was generally feared across the board as that 2-4 shotter. Mortal Strike is important for many reasons. It deals good damage, generates rage, enrages you on crits, and reduces the healing the target takes by 25%. You will be using this ability almost always on cooldown, because of these properties. It also allows the use of an overpower for a few seconds after the mortal strike is used (the mortal strike doesn't have to land, just throw). Generates 10 rage.

Can you just explain me the "2-4 shotter"?
Reply Quote
2 Goblin Hunter
Should I gem for straight str/power, or would gems with boths stats still work?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Awesome guide...thanks you!
Reply Quote
Great guide! Just one thing though...I think alchemy should be up there with good prof's, as it is the only profession that allows you to use elixir in arenas.
Edited by Dustos on 10/16/2012 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
update this thing!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Good stuff so far, do I get a cookie for being one of the threads you referenced (Cata Arms PvP Guide)? :)

Few tidbits I would mention:
    - Stance breakdown with the changes in MoP. In particular it is important for PvP Warriors to understand the pros/cons of Battle Stance (rage generation on attacks) vs Defensive Stance (25% less damage taken) vs Berserker Stance (rage generation on damage received). Many people aren't taking advantage of Defensive Stance as well as they should.

- Your Macro section seems to be lacking in a few important areas
      / Banners & Safeguard to quickly take advantage of root breaking capability
      / Safeguard macros for general good team-play
      / Focus macros for useful stuff such as focus interrupts, focus charge, etc
      / Your burst macros seem to waste Berserker Rage a lot which leaves you susceptible to CC

- Addons, you left out Gladius? One of the old, popular addons that many people use for Arena

- ToC include hyperlinks to the individual posts within your guide so that people can navigate to the exact section quickly and easily

- Enchant & Gem items / hyperlinks utilizing the WoW Item / wowhead functionality

- Consider separating the #3 into a few sections. Later in MoP people will want to swing by to quickly refresh their memory on Stat weight, hit/exp caps and things of that nature and you can make it easier for them to find with a little more organization

- Similar separation between Macros and Addons. Some Macros are mandatory whereas Addons are much more optional so it may be useful to pull those apart

All in all it looks like a good start. A little lacking in some areas and a bit much in others but I tend to expect that if you refine it over time it would be a great help to pvp interested Warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Awesome guide, thanks for all the hard work. Sticky requested.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Few tidbits I would mention:
Stance breakdown with the changes in MoP. In particular it is important for PvP Warriors to understand the pros/cons of Battle Stance (rage generation on attacks) vs Defensive Stance (25% less damage taken) vs Berserker Stance (rage generation on damage received). Many people aren't taking advantage of Defensive Stance as well as they should.

I was actually just going to ask about this. More (or less technically) specifically, who, what, when, where and why?
Reply Quote

Few tidbits I would mention: Stance breakdown with the changes in MoP. In particular it is important for PvP Warriors to understand the pros/cons of Battle Stance (rage generation on attacks) vs Defensive Stance (25% less damage taken) vs Berserker Stance (rage generation on damage received). Many people aren't taking advantage of Defensive Stance as well as they should.

I was actually just going to ask about this. More (or less technically) specifically, who, what, when, where and why?

Here how i work it...In pvp (if im going to be the focus of being attacked, hard to perdict but thats all you can do) i use fury stance, as getting attacked increased the rage i generate..thus the rage starvation when someone is attacking me is almost non existant.

Battle stance i use for PvE, sometimes for pvp depending on the situation..as you get rage generation for white (normal non special) attacks..probably the one i use the most.

Defensive stance is just that..when i get to around 30% and my second wind pops on, i immediatly hit my shield wall/defensive stance/1h & shield macro. And if i continue to get hit i will use rallying cry or one of my defensive banners.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]