With Open Arms: Arms PvP Guide 5.2 WIP

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Arms PvP needed a guide? What????
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Does anyone know if u can write a macro that would cause spells like heroic leap to behave like smart-casting in LoL?
Edited by Deathlotus on 3/8/2013 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Just wanted to tell you that in 5.2 Slam is now 20 rage instead of 30. Otherwise, fantastic information.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Just wanted to add that from my testing, disarming monks and ferals lowers their damage by a decent amount. It just does not stop it completely.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I was just looking for an opinion on the new 'Die by The Sword' glyph. Using Overpower extends it's duration by 1 sec, and we overpower a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This guide is awesome! it's helping me so much! Just one question though! Do you know of a mouseover charge/intervene macro that will activate on my current target if i am not mouseovering someone?

I have it, but I am at work. I will post it when I get home.
Reply Quote
Hey supacasper was wondering if you guys were recruiting for your guild? im just really getting into PvP and would love to join up and learn from good pvpers, its best to do it hat way. my real id is goboston1986@hotmail.com add me maybe we can chat about it? That or you can give me some pointers in game or something.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
1 word guide.

reroll..
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
hi,,, k,, in pve crit is number one. but how much crit for pvp given one may trade off pvp power or resil for more crit? To me, it seems crit doesn't have diminishing returns like pvp power and could be greater than resilience..

your thoughts are appreciated..

me-0
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Okay, so, I don't know if anyone has posted something about the changes in Warrior regarding Deadly Calm but I gotta warn those who don't know:

Deadly Calm does not exist anymore

Another thing is: Warbringer talent stacks with DR. Correct me if I'm wrong but when 5.2 went live I saw this on changelogs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
pretty nice guide overall.

lil things I found:

in your stay alive macro, it would be more beneficial to put all the hp increasing things first and put /use healthstone at the end as it's based off % of hp.

also in spell reflect macro, I actually had it how you had myself for a while until I saw a vid from Bajheera. He recommends doing
#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast Spell Reflection
/xxx however you wana write put sword n board on

It turns out putting spell reflect first makes it cast ever so slightly faster, at least for me.

Overall really great guide bro you put a lot of work into this. : )
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was just looking for an opinion on the new 'Die by The Sword' glyph. Using Overpower extends it's duration by 1 sec, and we overpower a lot.

one of the top 2v2 warr's on bloodlust uses it, i was testing a little it's pretty nice, you can get at least 8+ seconds off of it. not sure for 3's.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Any updates for this guide?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Dang I miss mace stun, and unstoppable force.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have one thing to say about the "#4 THE DEEPS" Macro, you can't use Avatar then Bloodbath when they're on the same tier, what now, which do we go with, which one we like more?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I just wanted to say, gag order is cool, but i find it rather useless. the only casters i have problems killing(and im terrible at interrupting and silencing) are mages. I have yet to come across a caster of any other class who it is even necessary to use a GCD on for locking them out. If you are hitting as hard as you should be, there shouldn't be anything in less then plate who you cant walk threw.

That being said, i think i may love the original poster for pointing out i can charge/intervene/heroic leap to save my !@# from knock backs to my death!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I just wanted to say, gag order is cool, but i find it rather useless. the only casters i have problems killing(and im terrible at interrupting and silencing) are mages. I have yet to come across a caster of any other class who it is even necessary to use a GCD on for locking them out. If you are hitting as hard as you should be, there shouldn't be anything in less then plate who you cant walk threw.

That being said, i think i may love the original poster for pointing out i can charge/intervene/heroic leap to save my !@# from knock backs to my death!

Bad necro. This guide while it was pretty good before, is now outdated. Gag Order doesn't work against players anymore for example. Please don't bump.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I like waffles
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What was the point of necroing this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]