Alternative to DrDamage addon?

90 Troll Hunter
Good afternoon,
I was wondering if anyone knows an alternative to DrDamage? For those who may not be familiar, it shows the damage (healing) amount of an ability on the tool-tip. For example, on my cobra shot button it would show 16,525 (or similar actual damage is likely different).

The developer of the addon no longer plays WoW and does not plan to update the addon. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks, -Irish
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Critline does exactly that and I have been using it for a while now. It will also pop up to tell you when you set a new record and lets you view your highest hits/crits.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thanks for your response. Critline does not display the damage on the actual action bar panel. That's what I was really hoping to accomplish for my UI.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Is there no end to my suffering?! I guess I will have to make do. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There's got to be an option around to make Critline display on tooltips, because it displays on my tooltips. I'll look at the options when I get on in a bit. It may also be TipTac, but I'm pretty sure Critline can do it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Can you do a screen shot of your UI?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Sure! Give me a second, need to post this so I can find this thread more easily on my other computer...

http://i.imgur.com/cW5g8.jpg

Also, I found the option. On the main menu for Critline under your Addons tab in Interface, the second option down on the top right side is {Record in spell tooltips}.
Edited by Lyea on 9/18/2012 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Gnome Mage
DrDamage shows average (or by settings) damage from spell inside button (that what I need from addon, tooltip stuff I'm turning off every time). I don't know how and where they will put text this time since charges text added.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thanks again Lyea for the feedback. In your box that's keybind B4 (Fel Fire I think, don't really play warlock?) Dr. Damage would display the average damage of that ability at the bottom of that action bar box. Same for your Q and SQ labeled boxes.

Here is a screen shot that shows what I mean. http://tinyurl.com/8r64aqk
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Oh my! That IS quite different from Critline! Sorry I'm unable to provide any help then! =(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Any other insights out there to be offered? Bueller? Bueller? ... Anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm with Irishfelix. I miss DrDamage. Anyone have an addon with similar functionality?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I have noticed that current tooltips seem to calculate damage based on what gear you are wearing, I almost wonder if it would be possible to pull that number and display it on the bar. That would be most awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It seems there is none out there. I have searched high and low. Unless someone can take over the code writing for DrDamage, I guess we are all out of luck.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
I miss DrDamage so much. It is making to learn how to play my monk very hard.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Totally agree. I feel gimped without it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Someone should fix Dr Damage please!... I know nothing about that kind of coding... but I want it back!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21766-LastEffect.html
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
thanks so much Sedivy, not quite DrDamage but it's definitely still what most of us are looking for!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don't mean to barge in, with DrDamage, the addon was not as simple as displaying one set of stats. It gave you all of the theorycrafting information from %spell power scaling, hit/crit damage, individual dot, # of dots, period between dots, multipliers from talents/buffs, etc...

The good news is hope, its not written in stone but the developer of this add-on may (remember no guarantee) save the day by updating it during his winter break.

I'm praying he pulls through for us :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]