The only one...

No where near what i expected...but it was something new and enjoyable nonetheless
really hate that all i get so far is fireworks and tabard

Pretty sure you can requeue to your heart's content in order to try for some decent loot.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I liked it. But I have nothing to compare it to as I didn't take part in previous pre-launch events; my expectations.. well, I had none. lol It was a nice showcase of this new scenario thing.

I would have thought it might be a tad more challenging.. I mean, we were fighting a dozen mobs at once without a problem, bosses were weak and we didn't die once. Why can't we die a few times? Make 'something' harder to overcome so I have a reason to do it a few times. Guess it's just about content though..

The only challenging part was figuring out I could use a mount and trying to keep up with a rogue who was desperate to get through the instance as fast as possible. I think he might have mistaken it as a new challenge dungeon. lol

Other than that.. it was something new to do which was cool. I'm not going to bash them for trying something new. I'm looking forward to more scenarios in the future.. and maybe some more challenging ones. ;)
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Best pre-expansion event ever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I kind of expected more but I still liked it. I agree that its something new and that's refreshing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/17/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Irollpally
sure it wasnt amazing but it showed off blizzards cool new scenario idea.

Not trolling, but will say you've nailed things in a single statement:

The IDEA of Scenarios is really cool!

But the reality of Scenarios "wasn't amazing ..."

You say it yourself multiple times in your brief post. The same is true of EVERYTHING in MoP (that I've seen, anyway). LOL wait until you roll a Monk -- Monks are exactly the same as Rogues without the stealth, they just reskinned Rogues to make Monks.

The entire affair isn't "amazing" and that's just really sad for me to admit. My last day is tomorrow and this is why. Honestly, MoP is gonna be a bloodbath around here :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i dont know how you can enjoy the event unless you really like clearing trash for 10 mins, but i guess as horde you could enjoy it more then alliance ever could
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Meh it wasn't bad. Really lacked that "epic" feeling though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I liked it to, and I really like this new tabard! I'm hoping we get a lot of new scenarios in the future. Hopefully this "Trials" storyline for Varian will be something like a series of scenarios.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
09/17/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Palawldin
I have seen this before... it was back in burning crusade, I think they were called group quests.

It did kinda feel that way, but it was a refreshing change from normal quest grinding. Now if only we had more scenarios to do... -_-
09/17/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Baldris
I liked it to, and I really like this new tabard!

Finally, a tabard that doesn't look terrible with my gear. >.>
Edited by Gerart on 9/17/2012 5:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/17/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Mork
There are millions of people playing this game, and barely a fraction post on the forums. There are likely a lot of people who like it.

LOL Riiiiiiight ... it's always the people who DON'T share their opinions who REALLY love something, right?

Hang onto that fantasy, you're gonna need it in another week . . .
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/17/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Chaingirl
In what way was this any different than any solo quest chain done with 2 friends?

It's almost like this was it's intended purpose and people had way too high expectations....

what?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I would have thought it might be a tad more challenging.. I mean, we were fighting a dozen mobs at once without a problem, bosses were weak and we didn't die once. Why can't we die a few times? Make 'something' harder to overcome so I have a reason to do it a few times.

That's entirely the point.

Honestly, it's why so many Beta types have left the game already.

MoP brings a new standard to the idea of "face roll" ... I honestly found it insulting. Sure, you'll always get those QQ'ers saying "so do heroics" but to even GET to heroics you have to go through SO much grind and face-roll versions of the new content ...

Seriously, this is a major disappointment.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
09/17/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Palawldin
I have seen this before... it was back in burning crusade, I think they were called group quests.

Sums up my feelings.

Group quest = Group quest.

Except this one was even more boring than the ones in Wrath. Or than most group quests to be honest.
Reply Quote
Am i the only one that actually liked the event? sure it wasnt amazing but it showed off blizzards cool new scenario idea. IT WAS SOMETHING FRESH. Something that we have not seen before. not to say i wasn't disappointed but after you look at it for wat its worth then yes, its good.

may the flaming begin:)

Maybe not seen it here.

LOTRO has had skirmishes for a few years now, and they are not only far more epic they already have the scaling functionality/raid versions that Blizzard has talked about wanting to add.

That's without considering that it quite nicely butchers the story as told in Tides of War, and there are a number of things not explained at all if you haven't read the book. Some of the scenarios in MoP are fun and exciting, with some unique twists on old mechanics. This one? Not at all up to that standard.

I like that Blizzard is doing scenarios, and they've shown they can do them well. They didn't do Fail...err Fall of Theramore well.
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Tobiastomp
There are millions of people playing this game, and barely a fraction post on the forums. There are likely a lot of people who like it.

LOL Riiiiiiight ... it's always the people who DON'T share their opinions who REALLY love something, right?

Hang onto that fantasy, you're gonna need it in another week . . .

Didn't say anything about them "loving it." In fact, I never even said all or most of them liked it. I said "there are likely a lot of people who like it." Learn to read.

The fact is, when it comes to this game, complainers come out of the woodwork, whereas those that like something tend to just stay quiet keep playing the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I liked it, pretty cool to group up with 2 people from different servers I guess. Like a group quest except with strangers. Though it's solo-able by classes that can solo stuff, for me it felt that way anyways.
But eh, I liked it. Got mini mana bomb from it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
compare it to the other "expansion/major event" things we have seen in the past.....
~AQ - doesnt compare .... bugs were everywhere even in cities... all lvls could participate and at the end the "first to complete the quest line in opening" got a mount...others got Rare patterns and cool doo dads and gold
~Naxx - doesnt compare ... Scourge were all over and in heavy clusters in certain areas... lights hope chapel actually had people visit it and had us go out and get stuff
~BC - Doesnt compare .... demons everywhere....world wide event style thing.... gold and items offered a plenty...
~Wrath - nothing will ever compare .... THE zombie event. dont really need to say more. Besides offering a ghost that followed you around...special gear looking like old teirs....and a tabard which i have and use even to this day...
~Dungeon openings IN wrath - yes these even had better events... hell 1 is still THERE (the argent tourny) and you can still do stuff there
~Cata - Doesnt compare .... Their event changed the face of wow... wasnt as "fun" as the zombie event but it was right up there and gave us reason to make alts again!

and now.... Mists...which i hope there is a TON more to....

theramores fall....a 3 man "instance" that offers pretty much NO loot...and nothing more than either a "tabard" "fireworks" or a small "bomb" that doenst even kill critters or "pets."

Very disappointed in this and it will offer nothing but sad memories and gets me wondering why i pre-ordered mists....AND came back to wow in the first place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]