Warlocks tips,tricks and macro Compedium

90 Human Warlock
Warlocks tips and tricks Compedium

Demonology: I burst and then I tank.

Demonology Warlocks are now one of the funnest specializations to tamper with. From jumping massive leaps to form twisting and survivability. (We are the new PvP Tank).
Here are some things you should know about Demonology Warlocks!

wth is a mouseover macro? how does it work, that is, how is mouse over targeting different than tab or clicking the target?

Mouseover macros cast on whatever target your mouse is currently hovering over (this can be the actual avatar of the player or NPC in the game world, or a unit frame for them on your UI, like party frames). It does this without you having to target them, so it saves you the time waste of targeting them, casting your spell, then finding and retargeting your previous target. It's good for quick reaction stuff (like Mortal Coil), or stuff you want to cast on secondary target without actually changing your targeting focus (like Havoc).

Tips and tricks!

+All imps/Guardians/Infernals are affected by mastery (Dark Soul:Knowledge is great)
+You can use Demonic leap to cross rivers and quickly escape battles. You may also leap - they follow you, Demonic Circle: Teleport and leap the opposite direction to make a clean escape.
+Sacrifing your pet gives you 20% more hp when you also have the soul link talent.
+All warlocks heals are % based.
+Spamming hand of guldan and demonic lash should allow you to keep up a constant shield every 10 seconds in Dark Apotheosis
+Unbound will also removes magic effects, I would rather remove combustion and sacrifice 20% hp then leave it up!
+Using rocket boots and jumping off a ledge with demonic leap does put you right back on that ledge
+Dark Apotheosis turns your fear into a sleep affect that you can damage through!
+Using a 2hander turns your Dark Apotheosis attacks into a stab, using a wand turns it into a shadowbolt melee cleave
+Using Demonic leap while not in a stance will put you into demon form
+Switching into a demonic stance and using an aura will affect all nearby enemies, you can also switch out of this stance keeping the aura for the duration of the remaining duration.
+Infernal summon, chaos wave, Hellfire, carrion swarm are all affected by mammoroths fury and it's 500% increase to range.

+Sacrificing a pet will allow you to gain 1 move from the respective pet.
Imp:Dispell
Voidwalker: 30% hp 30 second last stand. (health increase)
succubes: charm(channeled)
felhunter: silence
felguard: charge

+Using the voidwalker ability and adding a 30% increase to your health also increases the amount your healing spells heal you since it's all % based.

+Unending resolve also reduces the damage taken from Dark Bargain.
+Using glyph of falling meteor you will not die when you get sent or fall into the abyss.
+The only way to escape falling endlessly when you fall into outland abyss is to que for a dungeon.
+When you kill a player or NPC in demon form you gain back demonic fury.
+The improved fel hunter pet doesn't dispell the buff, it steals it. Mages can steal this back.
+Your imp has a mass dispel when out.

Usefull Macro's for warlocks!

+Casts haunt, uses devour magic if it's up and makes your pet attack your current target.

#showtooltip Haunt
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Haunt; Haunt;
/cast Devour Magic(Special Ability)
/petattack

+Attack your target or your focus, shift modified

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Shadow Bolt; Shadow Bolt

+All in one pet special ability macro's

/cast [nomod] Optical Blast(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Axe Toss(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Whiplash(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Cauterize Master(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Shadow Bulwark(Special Ability)

+A mouseover macro example, great for fel flame!

#showtooltip Fel Flame
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Fel Flame; Fel Flame

+ metamorphosis, pvp trinket, dark soul and engineering gloves all wrapped into 1! Ready to kill fast?

#showtooltip Metamorphosis
/cast Metamorphosis
/cast Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
/cast Cataclysmic Gladiator's Felweave Handguards

+Health stone and dark regeneration

/cast Dark Regeneration
/cast Healthstone

+Several spells in 1 macro! Use control as a modifier.

#showtooltip
/cast [form:0, nomod] Life Tap
/cast [form:0, mod:ctrl] Command Demon
/cast [form:1, nomod] Carrion Swarm
/cast [form:1, mod:ctrl] Dark Soul: Knowledge

I will add more upon finding more! Hopefully this helps a few people.

This macro is great for applying Doom the moment you enter Metamorphosis

#showtooltip
/cast Metamorphosis
/cast Corruption
/cancelaura Metamorphosis

If you wait until the GCD is over this will also cancel Metamorphosis and apply Corruption as well; however if you are early at all, it will only cancel Metamorphosis and you will have to apply Corruption yourself.

#showtooltip
/cast Metamorphosis
/cast Corruption

If you wait until the GCD is over this will also cancel Metamorphosis and apply Corruption as well; however if you are early at all, it will only cancel Metamorphosis and you will have to apply Corruption yourself.

Is it possible to have a macro that lets me do soulburn and then soul swap, rather than using my sb hotkey, then the ss hotkey?

#showtooltip
/cast Soulburn
/cast Soul Swap

A good one for Destro:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, exists][@mouseover] Havok

Shameless plug, 2400+ experience warlock ^^: www.twitch.tv/HTOMario
Edited by Gnomemind on 9/21/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Reserved
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
/cast Dark Regeneration
/cast Healthstone

If you do this you use the two at the same time and healthstone doesn't benefit from Dark Regeneration for a second or so. (Not really a big deal, but some would like to know I imagine)

I think a macro most people would like are as follows:

#showtooltip
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I thought it was /use Healthstone VS /Cast Healthstone. Casting healthstone will make you create one not eat one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/18/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Ðemonio
I thought it was /use Healthstone VS /Cast Healthstone. Casting healthstone will make you create one not eat one.

Nope it works great for me!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If you do this you use the two at the same time and healthstone doesn't benefit from Dark Regeneration for a second or so. (Not really a big deal, but some would like to know I imagine)

I think a macro most people would like are as follows:

#showtooltip

added
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
/use and /cast do the same thing. I prefer to go with /use since it's one less character.

For BGs I'm also using:

#showtooltip
/y I'm fearing %t please do not wail on him/her like an idiot.
/use Fear

Because I was so tired of fearing a healer that has been chilling in the back for 20 seconds just to have people IMMEDIATELY switch to him/her.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

#showtooltip
/cast Metamorphosis
/cast Corruption

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Added your contributions!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
/use and /cast do the same thing. I prefer to go with /use since it's one less character.

For BGs I'm also using:

#showtooltip
/y I'm fearing %t please do not wail on him/her like an idiot.
/use Fear

Because I was so tired of fearing a healer that has been chilling in the back for 20 seconds just to have people IMMEDIATELY switch to him/her.

This reminds me of one time in a Twin Peaks that I caught a rogue in a full fear, only to watch a feral druid immediately switch from the target he was attacking to pounce on said rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/18/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Vreivai
This reminds me of one time in a Twin Peaks that I caught a rogue in a full fear, only to watch a feral druid immediately switch from the target he was attacking to pounce on said rogue.

Makes you want to strap kittens to your hands and punch babies.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Infernal summon, chaos wave, Hellfire, carrion swarm are all affected by mammoroths fury and it's 500% increase to range.

It's worth noting that Mannoroths's Fury is incredibly poorly worded. It increases the actual area of your AoE spells by 500%, not the radius. It increases the radius by 145% (so an AoE with a normal radius of 10 yards would instead have a radius of 24.5 yards). This increases the surface area of your AoE spells by 500%. Rain of Fire goes from 8 yards to 19.6 (effectively, 20).

To give you a visual idea, here's the normal ground reticle for Rain of Fire (green, obviously), along with the approximate (don't have beta, so this is the best you get) radius of Rain of Fire with Mannoroth's Fury (yellow):

http://imageshack.us/a/img222/3347/mannoroth.jpg
Edited by Daerius on 9/19/2012 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
An improvement to your fear announce:

#showtooltip
/tm 3
/y I'm fearing {diamond}%t{diamond} please do not wail on him/her like an idiot.
/use Fear

This places a marker on the target and shows people the marker. For those "slow kids" who cannot read a name.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
A good one for Destro:

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus, exists][@mouseover] Havok

It will cast Havok on your focus target if you have one, otherwise on whatever target you have your mouse cursor pointed at. Very useful for getting Havok up without having to switch targets twice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Is there a macro that casts a reticule spell like Rain of Fire on a target as opposed to me dragging the reticule around?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
God that would be great! First I would be able to use the Whiplash from Succy as an interrupt because it would move the caster. That would be awesome- and the cooldown on that is so low it would be effectively constant.

Dang, I guess that's why they don't let us do that. Not that Rogues are not interrupting constantly.

If I had on Mannoroth's Fury that expanded the radius of AOE- is there any chance that I can interrupt everyone on my screen? Or does that not effect the Shivarra and Succy's knock back effect?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Is it possible to have a macro that lets me do soulburn and then soul swap, rather than using my sb hotkey, then the ss hotkey?

Also, and this is a bit embarassing, wth is a mouseover macro? how does it work, that is, how is mouse over targeting different than tab or clicking the target?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I've been wanting to write a huge guide on warlocks but I'm afraid I'll get something wrong and get bashed :P

I figure with all the new locks 1 big thread would be nice. If anyone wants to colab or something it could be nice.

Yes cast sequence. (Google it)

Also, and this is a bit embarassing, wth is a mouseover macro? how does it work, that is, how is mouse over targeting different than tab or clicking the target?

It returns the value that your moused over and if its a charater it will use it as your target.

Like ui elements or actually puting your cursor over someone it will then cast whatever spell you have set and it won't switch your current target.

Like I use havoc as a mouse over. I put my cursor over someone press shift middle click and it will havok them even if I don't have them selected as my target. (Good for being quick)
Edited by Stijin on 9/21/2012 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490539814?page=1

Admittedly he doesn't cover good-to-know macros.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Oh yeah derp... I forgot he made them haha... They need sticky!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]