Warlocks tips,tricks and macro Compedium

90 Troll Warlock
Is it possible to have a macro that lets me do soulburn and then soul swap, rather than using my sb hotkey, then the ss hotkey?

#showtooltip
/cast Soulburn
/cast Soul Swap

This does precisely what you're looking for. Watch out, though, there's no protection of you can't cast soul swap on the target. If you hit the macro while not targeting something that can be attacked, it'll burn a shard and just leave you with the Soulburn buff. Make sure you have Soul Swap without the macro somewhere handy just in case this happens.

Also, and this is a bit embarassing, wth is a mouseover macro? how does it work, that is, how is mouse over targeting different than tab or clicking the target?

Mouseover macros cast on whatever target your mouse is currently hovering over (this can be the actual avatar of the player or NPC in the game world, or a unit frame for them on your UI, like party frames). It does this without you having to target them, so it saves you the time waste of targeting them, casting your spell, then finding and retargeting your previous target. It's good for quick reaction stuff (like Mortal Coil), or stuff you want to cast on secondary target without actually changing your targeting focus (like Havoc).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
cool, thanks so much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Updated with more information!@
Edited by Gnomemind on 9/21/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
#showtooltip
/focus [@focus,noharm][@focus,dead]
/cast [@focus] Havoc

I'm baffled how this macro works (I'm not very good at making macros it seems!) but someone whipped this up for me on the UI forums. It will cast Havoc on your current target and make that target your Focus, it will then cast Havoc on that target as long as they are alive. If they die or are for some other reason un-Focused, then the macro resets.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Lyea, I use basically the same macro, but slightly tweaked:

#showtooltip
/focus [mod:shift,@mouseover]
/focus [@focus,noharm][@focus,dead]
/cast [@focus] Havoc

This lets you set a focus (and Havoc target) by mouseover if you hold SHIFT. Otherwise it will Havoc on your current target and slot them as Focus (or Havoc on previous focus if it is alive still and valid)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
#showtooltip
/cast [form:0, nomod] Life Tap
/cast [form:0, mod:ctrl] Command Demon
/cast [form:1, nomod] Carrion Swarm
/cast [form:1, mod:ctrl] Dark Soul: Knowledge

So form:0 is normal form, form:1 is Metamorphosis. Is form:2 Dark Apotheosis?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/22/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Lachina
So form:0 is normal form, form:1 is Metamorphosis. Is form:2 Dark Apotheosis?

That is correct!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/22/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Gnomemind
That is correct!

No. Form:2 is not DA... At least doesn't work whenever I put it like that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Here is a fun one I haven't tried yet, but should work as a 2v2 arena opener (For destro with Mortal Coil and Grim of Sac)

#showtooltip
/cast [@arena2] Havoc
/castsequence [@arena1] Mortal Coil, Immolate, Spell Lock

Replace Spell Lock with Conflagrate if you are more concerned with Melee than Casters. I like Spell Lock to buy extra time before they dispell either of the Immolates.

If the Castsequence @arena1 doesn't work, you can put in:

#showtooltip
/cast [@arena2] Havoc
/target [@arena1]
/castsequence Mortal Coil, Immolate, Spell Lock

But the first OUGHT to work, and means no need to target anyone at all for your opener to work.
Edited by Haayt on 9/22/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/22/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Baalsamael
No. Form:2 is not DA... At least doesn't work whenever I put it like that.

That's strange I never tried it but I read that macro around assuming it was correct, my bad.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/22/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Gnomemind
That's strange I never tried it but I read that macro around assuming it was correct, my bad.

I wish. I had originally made my DA macros into my Meta macros, but to no avail. WIsh it did work though.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
So Blizzard forgot to add a stance number for DA? So you can't even use proper multi-stance macros? Thats inconvenient.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Gonna ask a really noob question >.>
Since the new talent trees, I never knew Grimoire of Sacrifice gave you a pet's spell..
I don't see any new spells in my talent tree, where can I find the spell I should be getting?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warlock
I don't see any new spells in my talent tree, where can I find the spell I should be getting?

Command Demon.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
09/22/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Lachina

Command Demon.

Ah ty... I NEVER noticed that in my spellbook until just now @_@
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Also if you make a macro around the sacrifice it is more efficient to type out the spell name that you recieve. sometimes it doesn't register command demon when you rez the pet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
#showtooltip Dark Soul: knowledge
/use 14
/cast Dark Soul: knowledge
/cast Imp Swarm(Glyph)
/cast metamorphosis

This is half of my kill macro.
What it does: uses your on-use trink, cast Dark soul, pops all your imps and places you in meta form all in one button.

#showtooltip Grimoire: felguard
/cast grimoire: felguard
/cast felstorm

The other half of my kill macros.
What it does: summons my double demon and makes my actual felguard to do felstorm.

With these 2 macros both popped, all my pets have all the benefit of all my on use extra damage abilities (dark soul and trink) and are maxing damage (double demon stuns target and starts to felstorm and regular demon also felstorms) all the meanwhile you're already in meta form blasting touch of chaos.

#showtooltip
/cast [form:0] fel flame
/cast [form:1] touch of chaos

This is for those that just don't want to be bothered with worrying about shadow bolt. This macro will cast fel flame while in caster form and touch of chaos in meta form from the same button. No more casting SB as you come out of meta.

#showtooltip drain life
/cast [nochanneling:drain life] drain life

This macro will allow you to spam your drain life button without clipping. You can smash this forever and all it will do is cast drain life until it ends and start over again.

#showtooltip
/focus [target=focus, noexists][target=focus, dead] mouseover
/cast [target=focus, exists] Fear; Fear
/stopmacro [nomodifier]
/clearfocus [modifier:shift]

#showtooltip
/focus [target=focus, noexists][target=focus, dead] mouseover
/cast [target=focus, exists] Axe Toss; Axe Toss
/stopmacro [nomod]

The top macro (fear one) will set your current target to focus if you dont have a focus set and the target is alive, or set your mouseover target to focus if you dont have a focus set and the target is alive, and also FEAR the target/mouseover on press. If you already have a focus target set, it will fear the focus target. If you hold shift while pressing this button, it will clear your focus. The bottom one does the same thing but for axe toss (felguard/wrathguard) If you already have a different way to set focus, then remove the first lines of each macros and they will still function as intended (fear or axe toss focus)

#showtooltip healthstone
/cast sacrificial pact
/cast Dark Regeneration
/use Healthstone

This macro will use all your survival CDs at once (if you dont have a battlemasters trink that is.. add /use (name of trinket or slot) as the first line if you do use battlemasters trink since all heals are percentage based, and you will get even bigger heals from dark regen and healthstone)

#showtooltip healthstone
/cast command demon
/cast Dark Regeneration
/use Healthstone

This macro will also use all your survival CDs at once but for those that use Grimoire of sacrifice and sac their voidwalker. You will gain the 20% health from shadow bulwark before dark regen and healthstone, giving you bigger heals from both dark regen and healthstone.

I know this thread might not even be looked at again, but I was looking for a way to cast fel flame and touch of chaos on the same button and this thread is where I found out the way to make a stance macro on my lock... so I figured I'd share some of my macros as well. I would appreciate feedback (if anyone still reads this lol) GLHF
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
/cast [nomod] Optical Blast(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Axe Toss(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Whiplash(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Cauterize Master(Special Ability)
/cast [nomod] Shadow Bulwark(Special Ability)

This is better accomplished using, since it'll generically use whichever demon power is available. (Also works if you've grim-sac'd)

/cast Command Demon
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Another note on simplifying through generic casting: You can simply use

/cast Dark Soul

And it doesn't matter which specialization you've used. It'll cast it.
Edited by Popnlockin on 2/16/2013 3:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/18/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Gnomemind
Unending resolve also reduces the damage taken from Dark Bargain.

As will Twilight Ward.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]