Theramore Scenario

90 Dwarf Paladin
Obviously more than a handful of of these threads have popped up, but i was wondering what some of our server thinks, specifically what they would have liked to see, or what they thought would have been better, get creative ; )

I was hoping for an assault/defend type of event. Where the Alliance knew the horde were coming but still failed defending the onslaught. Seems more honorable than "bomb from afar" Did the undead wear off on Garrosh?

Or given the PvP nature of MoP, it would have been bad !@# to do a BG event instead of a scenario, where you can queue for a week, and only get the feat of strength if you win. Then have the cutscene with the bomb, sort of like "crap, we fought a good fight, but the horde still takes the field" (from the alliance perspective obviously) If horde won just clear out and demoralize the Alliance with a super weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Lundor
or what they thought would have been better, get creative

Pretty much anything would have been better and more creative. The event was awful and shows clearly the state of this game. Mists of Pandaria will continue to crush any hopes most players have for this game.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I think a larger and longer PVP event would have felt more epic for sure. I understand they wanted to introduce the scenarios. But waiting till a week before the expac, and then ONLY having that. really feels like we keep getting screwed out of some of the things players have looked forward to for so long. I noticed it when we didn't get the pet as a ann. gift last year, it was a way of saying " thank you " to the players who have been supporting them and enjoying the game to make them as big as they are. without subscribers, blizz is nothing. Now the weak introduction to MOP, when compared to echo isles, the catacylsm , the rift events, the scourge invasion , sadly i missed the burning crusade event tho.

All that said you have to keep in mind they have had lot on the plate lately with pet battles, and new stuff. even tho it didn't stop them from making the cata pre events pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
09/19/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Layuth
The event was awful and shows clearly the state of this game. Mists of Pandaria will continue to crush any hopes most players have for this game.

Then stop playing dude bro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Meselementz
The event was awful and shows clearly the state of this game. Mists of Pandaria will continue to crush any hopes most players have for this game.

Then stop playing dude bro.

If anybody who hated a part of the game quit there would be 500 players MAX left. 500 is being generous. So walk on.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
09/19/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Layuth
If anybody who hated a part of the game quit there would be 500 players MAX left. 500 is being generous. So walk on

Well yeah but you weren't just referring to the scenario, you were relating the scenario to the game as a whole. If I'm not mistaken you said "shows clearly the state of this game." By saying this you showed your belief that the state of the Theramore scenario is representative of the whole game, not just one aspect of it. So walk on.
Edited by Meselementz on 9/19/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
" jumbo shrimp taste horrible.Dog feces would taste better, and anyone who eats it can forget ever enjoying food again as long as they live"

" I didn't say i wasn't going to eat it, I just said it tasted like crap. pay attention next time retard"

I feel this is a perfectly legit comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This game as a whole is crap, but the competition is worse.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
As someone who didn't read the book I had no idea what the frak was going on. The whole thing just felt like I was clearing trash packs for 5 minutes for a chance at LFR lvl loot with the model of vanilla greens (so not even something cool for transmog). I like the tabbard but come MoP the model won't even be unique due to Anglers Tabard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As someone who didn't read the book I had no idea what the frak was going on. The whole thing just felt like I was clearing trash packs for 5 minutes for a chance at LFR lvl loot with the model of vanilla greens (so not even something cool for transmog). I like the tabbard but come MoP the model won't even be unique due to Anglers Tabard.

The Alliance get a tabard with a model that is similar if not exactly like a tabard everybody can get in MoP and the Horde get a cool little bomb toy...seems legit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Keep queuing and mindlessly grinding though... after looting around 100+ fireworks, you just might get Everlasting Alliance Firework.

Because, hey, we've got to have something to celebrate the destruction of Alliance's primary stronghold on Kalimdor (besides Darnassus)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I don't know how true this is, but someone said jaina was going to go crazy , get white hair , and flood org in retaliation. regardless of if thats true or not, the way i understand it, the theramore event is going to be the first domino to start a chain reaction thro most of MOP. that ends with horde and allies over throwing garrosh. So hopefully , there will be a cool back and forth between factions. i could see horde losing UC. for the same reason allies lost theramore.

I wouldn't mind that at all, I kinda hate UC (up yours elevator) and i think it would be a fair trade. Honestly kinda disappointed it was a bombing on theramore , would rather have taken it by force, so we could use it as a horde city. undead can have feralas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ever notice how the 2 Alliance Capital Cities on Kalimdor are jammed up in a corner?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Ive always considered kalimdor "horde side" and eastern kingdoms "allie side" and honestly, spent very little time over there, never questing, pretty much just certain holidays, digging, and FTH groups. kinda seems about the same distance as thunder bluff is from org. then again, we don't really have a 2nd main city, its just org. But if vol'jin will be the new warchief, maybe echo isle will turn out pretty sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Same here, in fact up until Wrath, Iron Forge was more populated than SW, but the locations of portals really effects that. All in all, i hope we claim Gilneas back soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Lundor
Same here, in fact up until Wrath, Iron Forge was more populated than SW, but the locations of portals really effects that. All in all, i hope we claim Gilneas back soon.

Alliance are not very good at claiming their cities. Ask the Gnomes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
lol. look how long it took vol'jin to get echo isles back. i think they left it when thrall landed on kalimdor. granted, killing his child hood best friend was a good reason to delay. same with the gnome not wanting to kill his old... apprentice was it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]