Glyph of Inquisition worth using?

86 Human Paladin
I used to play WoW quite a bit and raided fairly hardcore up through Firelands, but I got burned out (har har).

Now I just want to play what I feel like and go about it very casually. I want to play as ret like I did in WotLK, but I don't like keeping inquisition up. Can I just use this glyph to make ret tolerable with a relatively small dps loss? Or is the dps loss gamebreaking and I should just not play ret at all?

I am probably not going to be doing any hardmodes or gold challenges.

Is ret more fun and less complicated than Cata? WotLK ret (with t10) was my favorite rotation system WoW has ever had.
Edited by Alenari on 9/19/2012 5:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Worst Glyph ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Few players liked inquisition when it was isntalled into the class. Out of all the complaints abuot getting rid of it blizzard choose to listen to "it doens't last long enough!" and instead of giving us a refresh mechanic like rogues (cause it really is holy slice n dice) have they put the glyph in as a choice. A bad choice.

If you aren't raiding seriously then use it, if you are good and want to actually do the best dps you can then forget the glyph exists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i don't understand the inquisition hate. managing it adds a lot of depth to ret, which while is a pretty finicky spec to play at high levels, is fundamentally very simple.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Using the glyph is a gamebreaking DPS loss, just to answer your question.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
09/19/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Vladja
i don't understand the inquisition hate. managing it adds a lot of depth to ret, which while is a pretty finicky spec to play at high levels, is fundamentally very simple.

No, I am a beginner at ret but I caught on quickly (Anyone with an IQ over.) Inquisition I thought was the worst DPS boost burning thing since BC. I could understand something needed to be done with holy power for RET without burst, oh never mind, TV too.

I am an inquisition disliker. Not worth hating over..

But from what I played with it, I thought it was the worst self DPS buff I have ran into.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

But from what I played with it, I thought it was the worst self DPS buff I have ran into.

how so? its not any different from savage roar or slice and dice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

They do have slightly better ways of keeping the buff active over; its 30 secs time to waste a GCD and 3 resource points.
Edited by Meladee on 9/19/2012 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/19/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Meladee
They do have slightly better ways of keeping the buff active over; its 30 secs time to waste a GCD and 3 resource points.

its not a waste if it is a dps boost. our damage is balanced around high inqu uptime so its not a waste to keep it up. pushing a button every 30seconds isn't hard.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
In my opinion, just talent into Divine Purpose and use that to help you keep up Inquistion. It won't kill your DPS, it'll give you one less cooldown button to use (since you aren't using HA), and it'll make keeping Inq up much easier since you can just refresh when you get a DP proc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

That's one of the main problems. Cata made them give up and copy several things from rogues. Holy power is nothing more than combo points. Only we are based on a single 3 point finishers rather than 5point. But now we even store up to 5 points.

Inquisition is nothing more than holy slice and dice.

Our mastery, while very powerful, sucked originally and we copied the enhancment shaman's mastery.

You say
pushing a button every 30seconds isn't hard.

And that's just it. No skill involved. You aren't timing it like wings for a burn phase or maxing dps. You're telling me the devs couldn't come up with something better that was themed for the class instead of copying existing mechanics and slapping holy element on them?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Exactly what Khalad said.

Inq isn't hard to use at all. It's corny uninteresting armor penetration buff. Since they couldn't figure out how to fix ret dps after the armor pen and pure holy damage removal. Notice HoL is tied to moves that did pure holy damage Divine Storm or moves greatly effected by ArP Crusader Stike(TV now, also).

It's refreshed by the same means its placed, every time on every fight. It's just flat out boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/19/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Meladee
Inq isn't hard to use at all. It's corny uninteresting armor penetration buff. Since they couldn't figure out how to fix ret dps after the armor pen and pure holy damage removal. Notice HoL is tied to moves that did pure holy damage Divine Storm or moves greatly effected by ArP Crusader Stike(TV now, also).

wat? armorpen was one of the silliest, mathiest stats ever to deal with. i'm not sure how you can equate armor pen with inquisition maintenance.

good management with reward you with higher dps, bad management will give bad dps. properly managing inquisition is part of what makes ret so finnicky to play at high levels.

so they want us to be rogue clones? i'm strangely ok with that if it means that ret has depth and is interesting to play.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
To answer the original question: The glyph is only useful for leveling, or if you are pretty bad at keeping the buff up. With good play its more dps to not use it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually miss inqu for prot. It was kind of fun juggling it with the prot rotation and i REALLY miss having a Holy Power dump during AoE situations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/19/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Vladja

wat? armorpen was one of the silliest, mathiest stats ever to deal with. i'm not sure how you can equate armor pen with inquisition maintenance.

good management with reward you with higher dps, bad management will give bad dps. properly managing inquisition is part of what makes ret so finnicky to play at high levels.

so they want us to be rogue clones? i'm strangely ok with that if it means that ret has depth and is interesting to play.

It's not depth, it's not skill. It's repetition.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I hate putting up Inquisition. When I use Avenging Wrath with my Sanctified Wrath(Cause Icy Veins say it's best apparently) things get crazy. I have so many things to hit it gets a tad bit chaotic.

It's WAY less RNG perhaps but sometimes clunky waiting for things to get off cooldown( :( )

What with inquisition being how it is...is annoying. They did do some good. Judgement giving Holy Power, Exorcism giving Holy power etc but it seems Paladin power(Damage) is more of caster sometimes(Mechanicly) then a Holy Warrior(Paladin).

I'd like some changes. It may be different at 90 but it's still a tad bit annoying.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
Few players liked inquisition when it was isntalled into the class. Out of all the complaints abuot getting rid of it blizzard choose to listen to "it doens't last long enough!" and instead of giving us a refresh mechanic like rogues (cause it really is holy slice n dice) have they put the glyph in as a choice. A bad choice.

If you aren't raiding seriously then use it, if you are good and want to actually do the best dps you can then forget the glyph exists.

We won't get a refresh mechanic until we regularly use more finishers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not depth, it's not skill. It's repetition.

all classes have repetition. 5 HP generators, Finisher, 2 more generators Finisher is pretty repetitive. rets particularly DP rets have more rng then most classes. correctly managing inquisition and your gcds is the key to good play and what makes mop ret more interesting and fun to play then FCFS was.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]