Is Blizzard lazy when it comes to druid forms

100 Tauren Druid
Huh what forms... Im feral that used to mean useing forms.. Cat/bear
Now im just a cat
the same cat ive been for years.
yes cat model was changed before So ive had two models in 380 or days played.

but thats all i am now.. I cant look cool in caster casting wrath moonfire or any other spell that has DMG cause feral hybrid get not spell dmg bonus like the other hybrids.

I cant go bear and do anything useful with it since its well pointless for cats now... I cant go Moonkin cause that balance spec.. i cant go tree cause that resto.

So Tell me again what all do i have again as feral druid.. I cant get procs on gear.. I cant use potions that change my look like other classes, I cant even be a Xmas Gnome and fight players for the pvp chieve as a feral no matter what gear i have when im fighting I look no diff then any other cow druid that gets the same hair cut i do..

level 10 druids level 50druid level 90druids All exactly the same.. CEPT my damn name.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Feral and Guardian both got form updates, and both have a glyph that randomizes the color of their cat and bear forms. Yeah Moonkin/Resto got the same glyph... but it's for cat/bear only.

Sorry ferals, not gonna feel sorry for you until Balance gets some actual love. Glyph of Stars doesn't count since it's only an answer to the people whining about not wanting Moonkin form. The form hasn't been updated despite Blizzard promising that it would be 'Soon™' after the feral forms were. Even when they added Troll and Worgen they used a skin that's been in the game since vanilla.

Oh feral also got two weapons this xpac that changed them in some way.
Reply Quote
3 Goblin Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6678858054#1
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Sorry ferals, not gonna feel sorry for you until Balance gets some actual love. Glyph of Stars doesn't count since it's only an answer to the people whining about not wanting Moonkin form. The form hasn't been updated despite Blizzard promising that it would be 'Soon™' after the feral forms were. Even when they added Troll and Worgen they used a skin that's been in the game since vanilla.

I really dunno where this thread turned from a 'transmog set effect isn't able to be seen in cat / bear /treant/moonkin form during combat' to a 'don't give ferals / guardians anything because we haven't had a graphical update' qq.

A lot of people are missing the overall point of what the OP is saying here.

Blizzard have created an armour set as a reward for challenge modes that is designed for transmog only. Each item set has a visual display when you are in combat and use an ability.

However if you are in Cat /Bear / Moonkin OR treant form you cannot see this visual.

Making the entire thing a rather pointless reward. So I believe what the OP was asking, is why can't the transmog visual effect be seen in all forms during combat? Because otherwise they are entirely useless for the vast majority of druids playing as it is ONLY triggered in combat.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Feral and Guardian both got form updates, and both have a glyph that randomizes the color of their cat and bear forms. Yeah Moonkin/Resto got the same glyph... but it's for cat/bear only.

Oh feral also got two weapons this xpac that changed them in some way.

I remember tanking karazhan as a bear and not being able to use a health pot when you need that few more hp's to survive blizz eventually gave us the ability to use pots in form, like all other classes could you imagine if a shadow priest had to come out of shadow form to health pot or a war coming out of defensive stance. All were asking for is that they find a way to fix this they keep saying they want to but then we hear nothing from them after that. It doesn't have to be the same thing just something. Yes feral CAT got a pole-arms that made us a fire-cat and one that made both forms get larger and there is no guarantee that they are gonna continue to do that. Blizz themselves said the whole reason for the fire-cat pole-arm was cause they had a neat model and they wanted to use it more it wasn't thought of for druids until after they made teh model for something else

If we were gonna go to this then i would reply when we get a legendary we can use you can have your new model :P
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Id just like it if they made the Incarnate forms the form you take when in a certain spec. Example ferals use the King of the Jungle form for their regular cat form, guardians the bear form etc. The KoTJ form is pretty spectacular compared to the default ones.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Consider a different approach. Gear sets change the form.

Bear - Bear, Turtle, Big Dog, Mech Bear, Basilisk ....

Cat - Lion, Mountain Lion, etc., Devilsaur, Helboar, ....

Moonkin - Owlbeast, Elementals, Hydra, Naga, ....

Tree - Tree types, Bloodpetal, ....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Im in Tier 0.5 ( Feralheart) Xmog, and you don't see me crying about not seeing it when I shift forms.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Vraska
So the challenge sets are a huge middle finger to feral and guardian druids... Is it really that hard to make stuff for us?

Yeah... Druids never have anything unique to look at, and have never had updates or attention to any of their art.

Hurr derp.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
09/22/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Bushmill
So the challenge sets are a huge middle finger to feral and guardian druids... Is it really that hard to make stuff for us?

Yeah... Druids never have anything unique to look at, and have never had updates or attention to any of their art.

Hurr derp.

Yeah That one update during WOTLK means our gear sets should not matter hurr durr.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
09/20/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Soterios
After being screwed over so hard in vanilla, I am grateful for everything druids get now, especially feral druids.

After trying to pvp as resto in Cata... I feel pretty okay about my druid.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
you still are not getting what the OP was saying.....

Why did Blizz even BOTHER to make a Challenge gear set for druids that ONLY procs when you are using an ability in combat if two of the four druid specs will NEVER SEE THE PROC ???

Guardians and Ferals will always be in bear/cat form when they use their abilities (because you cannot even use them unless you are shifted) and will never see the armor procs.

It is not the same for the Balance specs who choose not to use Glyph of Stars and stay with the moonkin form - they at least have an OPTION to see the procs (even though it forces you to use that glyph)

It is not the same for the Resto specs who are using the Glyph of Treant to always look like a treant -- they also have an OPTION to see the procs

Guardians and Ferals have no options if they want to play those specs.

Now if they wanted to make the proc so it will crackle all over my bear while I mangle and thrash ... I'm all for that =D
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
Personally i prefer it how it is now. Cats and bears don't wear armor sorry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]