49s thread of Tremendous Anticipation

49 Draenei Shaman
Queuing WSG every Monday and Thursday at 10pm EST, 7pm PST!

http://49pvp.com/qlist

Please visit ^ and queue to help determine which faction needs players on the field!

So, why 49s?

The highest burst and damage-to-healing ratio makes for the most intense XP-off bracket in the game. I play in five different brackets and have fun in all of them. I love 49s for how much small things make a big impact, bringing the intensity right to the crumbling edge of manageable. One mistake can prompt a trip to the spirit healer, one clutch heal can give a teammate the extra 2 seconds to burst down an opponent, one well-called focus fire and CC can turn the tide in a flash.

In addition, a lot of 49ers "get" what XP-off is really about these days. This is the digital version of a pick-up game of basketball, and if that means finding ways to even out teams to make better games, 49s generally do it. You'll see trash-talkers, epeens, and trolls, but at the end of the day, you have people congratulating each other cross-faction on teamspeak for good plays and epic battles.

That's why 49s.

http://49pvp.com has more information for you!

Teamspeak connection info: http://49pvp.com/drupal/page/teamspeak

Armory comparisons: http://49pvp.com/drupal/page/roster

Battletag/RealID list: http://49pvp.com/drupal/battletag-and-realid-player-list

@Newcomers looking at old gear lists and @Veterans who have been inactive for the greater part of the century, immediately below is a list of Important Things That Have Changed:

Remember to turn off experience gain!
Maraudon items are redundant.
Sunken Temple items are unusable.
Many items from Blackrock Depths, such as Ribsplitters, are also unusable.
Scholomance, Stratholme, and Dire Maul are now tuned to lower levels than before, and have gear and quest rewards usable at 49.
Most importantly, ALL Battlegroups (yes, all of them) have been merged for PvP, so 49s who didn't transfer to Ruin for 3.2 (or level out) can now get games!
Some videos that showcase the 49's:

Combopoint - 49 Rogue - youtube.com/watch?v=W1igrkCSGwI
Egotripping - 49 Mage - youtube.com/watch?v=57ktxJVoHS8
Shankmassieh - 49 Paladin - youtube.com/watch?v=aT5XDAn0mJA
Edited by Cirise on 9/20/2012 5:34 PM PDT
49 Human Paladin
WIP
49 Blood Elf Rogue
Hey Cirise, should you remove the "hiatus on Sat" part?
39 Human Paladin
Can I get a good shadow priest armory (or five) to look over? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, saw the link :)
Edited by Subhumans on 9/19/2012 10:21 PM PDT
49 Tauren Paladin
Let's discuss making a battletag list Thursday night.
49 Troll Druid
Isn't almost the entire summary post irrelevant now anyway because things have changed.
49 Draenei Shaman
09/19/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Kiendro
Hey Cirise, should you remove the "hiatus on Sat" part?

Good point. If we get going on Saturdays again, we can simply include that information.

09/19/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Jimmysealegs
Isn't almost the entire summary post irrelevant now anyway because things have changed.

I wondered that too, and would love more input. While most of the info concerns Cata's changes, we're seeing a few longtime absent players make a return here and there, and for them the info remains relevant. I'm not sure that warrants a section on the intro post, though. Not much changed (so far) for MoP in the way of gear, though a lot changed in the way of play. What do you all think we should list as relevant info?
39 Gnome Warrior
got 5 day til xpac, so i have 4 days to get my postmaster legs before i race to 90 :() why dont pugs ever wanna kill the postman?
49 Troll Druid
Not as bursty (aside from maybe AS), so that part needs revision. Less burst also means videos don't showcase much; although most of them were bad attempts at comedy (some aspects I really hope weren't sincere?) to begin with.
49 Blood Elf Priest
09/19/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Parashurama
Let's discuss making a battletag list Thursday night.

We already have one on the site.

http://49pvp.com/drupal/battletag-and-realid-player-list

Add yourself if you want.

Also Cirise can you add the link to the first post main thread?
49 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm starting to get players that are itchy for postmaster runs on horde. For this particular run, I like grouping up as many postmaster people as possible for repeat drops. If anyone wants runs in the immediate future (next few days) please let me know.

Boomkins/priest/mages/lailu/locks are all good canidates. Alliance need not apply.

So recap:

Guys, no shirt, no shoes, free postmaster service
Girls, no shirt, no shoes, pics or it didn't happen.

Also it, now that jimmy mentioned it, the first post does seem due for a revamp.
The tepidist burst and damage-to-healing ratio makes for the most lukewarm XP-off bracket since caged malnourished hobo fights

This doesn't have the same ring to it anymore.
Edited by Meenao on 9/20/2012 11:17 AM PDT
49 Blood Elf Priest
I see what you did there Jason..

:)
49 Undead Mage
DA JASON POST!

The whole thing made me laugh! Well done, +1 sex points.
Looking forward to bringing some heat tonight!
Pandas in <5 days!
Edited by Clyde on 9/20/2012 12:03 PM PDT
49 Blood Elf Priest
09/20/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Clyde
DA JASON POST!

The whole thing made me laugh! Well done, +1 sex points.
Looking forward to bringing some heat tonight!
Pandas in <5 days!

You aren't by chance the same Clyde I knew way back when on Khaz Modan and in Vengeance are you?
49 Undead Mage
^ Nope.

EDIT: Sorry you didn't find your long-lost lover =/ This is just Yumcheuk, ;)
But Yumcheuk still loves you. Am I your newly-found lover?
Edited by Clyde on 9/20/2012 12:20 PM PDT
29 Draenei Shaman
09/20/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Holykeese
RIP Khaz Modan. Was actually a pretty good server during BC.

post on ur 49 u coward
49 Human Paladin
ty doll
49 Dwarf Warlock
09/20/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Jasondaro

post on ur 49 u coward

ok bb here i am.

dem legs, i want >.>
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]