Zindormi and Theramore phasing

90 Undead Warlock
I recently visited the ruins of theramore and came across ad VERY interesting NPC, one that will phase Theramore isle back to pre-destruction

Now, call me a wishful thinker, but could this mechanism, one that can phase the world at the push of a button, possibly open the door for a changing environment in the future?

With this mechanism, it might be possible to properly remake the old world (at max level with no flying) without disrupting low level players

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think this is just Blizzard's method of keeping Theramore as a questing hub so that Alliance can still get the Dustwallow Marsh achievement.

Could it theoretically be applied to the entire old world? Yes.

Will it? No.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sadly, I see where your coming from.

I have a feeling that blizz will never touch the old world again because of cataclysms failure...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Oh lord no.

Phasing works off what is already set, not the other way around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/20/2012 12:05 AMPosted by Tyrathius
I think this is just Blizzard's method of keeping Theramore as a questing hub so that Alliance can still get the Dustwallow Marsh achievement.

Theramore only changes when you complete the scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/20/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Rosenivy

Theramore only changes when you complete the scenario.

Which would still make the achievement lost forever for a character who didn't get it before doing the scenario.

It's also going to be permanently destroyed later in MoP's patch cycle.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/20/2012 12:30 AMPosted by Tyrathius
Which would still make the achievement lost forever for a character who didn't get it before doing the scenario.

Are you talking about the FoS? I think that's for the 85 version. Since that isn't account wide.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Where can I find this man?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/20/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Rosenivy

Are you talking about the FoS? I think that's for the 85 version. Since that isn't account wide.

No, I meant the achievement for completing 60 quests in Dustwallow Marsh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/20/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Tyrathius
No, I meant the achievement for completing 60 quests in Dustwallow Marsh.

Oh. Well I'm pretty sure you could still get the achievement. It sounds like thats what the mentioned NPC is for. Just in case you saw Theramore go boom but didn't get the quest chieve earlier.

I'm only guessing of course. Sounds about right though.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
I think Im gonna keep old Theramore forever. You can trigger the phasing into old theramore, leave, and come back into Old Theramore.
Edited by Vaelorius on 9/20/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]