Analysis of Loot and Raid System

Hey all, I'm a GM and a raid leader. I really enjoy raiding in WoW and wanted to start doing 25 mans with my alt. Rather than recruiting 25 guildies to attend a raid I decided to host public DKP runs on my server. I chose DKP because I wanted to reward people for consistent attendance but also want to balance not screwing over new people who come into the raid.
I'd like to get some feedback on my loot system given the situation. I tried to make rules very clear cut and not loop-holey and non negotiable.

In addition I was wondering about the ethics of streaming the raids? Is that acceptable as long as I tell people I'm doing it first?

Getting a spot: We'll take the most geared and experienced people first.
Ex. If you've never been in a raid before and someone in equal gear as you but with much more experience (Like 8/8 Heroic) wants a spot they'll get the spot.
Experience on an alt counts as long as you have evidence of it.
Once you have a spot you keep it. (we won't replace you the next week just because someone "better" comes along) This applies until you miss a week, miss a week and your spot is up for grabs. Leave early, your spot will be taken by your replacement the next week.

Loot Rules: Who doesn't love some shiny fracking purples?!
The way this is gonna work is like this.
Loot drops, highest DKP (who needs it for their MS) must take it, they're charged the DKP. In the event of a tie the two who tie roll for the item, high roll gets item and is charged the DKP.
The reason you must take an item if you can use it is to prevent people from stockpiling massive DKP to outbid anyone for specific pieces. This is an MMO learn to share with people.
Your MS is what you show up to the raid as.

Gaining DKP: You get 10 DKP for every boss kill you participate in. Upon completion of a full raid all members who participated in every boss kill receive a bonus 5 DKP.

Spending/Losing DKP:
Items have different associated DKP costs (These may be adjusted based on suggestion)
Non-tier: 15 (Least competition)
Tier: 25 (Most competition)
Weapons: 25 (Most competition)
Trinkets/Rings/Neck: 20 (In between competition)

Leaving the raid before completion will cause you to lose 75% of the DKP you gained from earlier boss kills.
While missing a week will lose you your spot, your DKP will remain and decay at 5% a week after a one week grace period. It will be preserved if you show up on standby for the raid.
DKP is transferable from mains to alts or friends, but at a rate where you lose 50% of the DKP for every transfer.

DKP is capped at 250 points (25 Boss Kills). DKP will be posted in a google spreadsheet
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Personally I disagree with your "you must take this if you have the highest dkp" system.

Sure people should share but if raider A who has 240 dkp (dedicated) is there and a necklace drops then no one really wants it too badly so he loses it and its thrust upon him. Then the next boss that axe he really wanted drops and raider B with 110 dkp gets it by default that seems a bit unfair to me.

The way I would recommend is a system of dkp roll>non dkp roll ms>non dkp roll os.

This would make it so people who have really been looking forward to something can get it and loot isn't wasted.

09/20/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Bonsaii
In addition I was wondering about the ethics of streaming the raids? Is that acceptable as long as I tell people I'm doing it first?

This is perfectly acceptable if they know about it beforehand. Some people get embarrased and very disturbed over being watched by people they dont know when sometimes its beneficial so people are more inclined to perform well.
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Subrosian
Otherwise, you're creating a system where those one or two players who are there every week can start to abuse loot, and where new players will be turned off to ever joining, because they'll be locked out of loot.

Exactly this. If they aren't there for the first couple of weeks, and others are, they aren't going to see loot for a long, long time and will be put off from joining. Why bother raiding with you when the other people in the group will get everything?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]