Grim of Sac, wrong pets in BGs, ect. & so on

Grimoire cooldown
I don't understand why Grimoire has a 2 minute CD. Is there some overpowered thing going on to constantly summon/sac pets? I get killed in a BG within 2 minutes, which happens in randoms, and get to wait to use my 5th tier talent which is passive.

Random pet on rez
On top of that, as destro spec, it seems to auto summon an imp. Even if the felpup was out previously, was sacrificed, and was summoned pre-death. Is this intentional that my last pet summoned/sac'd isn't the one I get after a rez? Sometimes it works and I get a felpup, other times imp.

Why I'll never pick soul link...
I also hope in MOP my pet gets some sort of defense since all types are incredibly easy to kill, god forbid I use soul link. On the other hand, it's incredibly fun to kill every pet I see and gimp the class relying on it.

I'd just like to know if this stuff is intended or not.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
On the Random pet topic, I've experienced it too.

I do a dungeon with my VW sacrificed, farm some herbs, makes some Inscription junk, and log out. The next time I log in and use Flames of Xoroth, I see my little Tarham (Imp) next to me.
Edited by Emevoli on 9/20/2012 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Grimoire cooldown
I don't understand why Grimoire has a 2 minute CD. Is there some overpowered thing going on to constantly summon/sac pets? I get killed in a BG within 2 minutes, which happens in randoms, and get to wait to use my 5th tier talent which is passive.

You gain a utility ability from the pet you sacrifice. They don't want you changing that ability too often (it needs to be a meaningful choice).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Daerius, another problem with no cooldown that I can see is a chain of interrupts... Fel Hunter out, interrupt, sacrifice, interrupt, summon it back through ember/shard/rebirth, another interrupt... But those are the only 2 things I can see though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Daerius, another problem with no cooldown that I can see is a chain of interrupts... Fel Hunter out, interrupt, sacrifice, interrupt, summon it back through ember/shard/rebirth, another interrupt... But those are the only 2 things I can see though.

I don't think Sac and resummon resets their cooldowns, so at best you'd just be getting 2 interrupts every 24 seconds, rather than 1.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well, I heard they could, but didn't test it myself. I'll test here in like an hour or so and post here the results. If it does, with Grimoire without cooldown would be 4 interrupt/minute, which is quite a bit for a Warlock, considering Fear and all the good stuff, then I'd understand. If it doesn't, I see no point in the cooldown...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
09/20/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Daerius
I don't think Sac and resummon resets their cooldowns, so at best you'd just be getting 2 interrupts every 24 seconds, rather than 1.

Not for that. For something like: spell lock, sac, spell lock, summon succubus, seduce, sac, seduce.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Grimoire cooldownI don't understand why Grimoire has a 2 minute CD. Is there some overpowered thing going on to constantly summon/sac pets? I get killed in a BG within 2 minutes, which happens in randoms, and get to wait to use my 5th tier talent which is passive.

This is annoying.

Random pet on rezOn top of that, as destro spec, it seems to auto summon an imp. Even if the felpup was out previously, was sacrificed, and was summoned pre-death. Is this intentional that my last pet summoned/sac'd isn't the one I get after a rez? Sometimes it works and I get a felpup, other times imp.

This happend in Ratbgs all of cat, with the cd on pet rez now its more of a issue.

Why I'll never pick soul link...I also hope in MOP my pet gets some sort of defense since all types are incredibly easy to kill, god forbid I use soul link. On the other hand, it's incredibly fun to kill every pet I see and gimp the class relying on it.I'd just like to know if this stuff is intended or not.

Saw a video of snutz using soul link and unbound will.

It is annoying to me to have to toggle link like its a cd.
Reply Quote
09/20/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Myoda
It is annoying to me to have to toggle link like its a cd.

At first I thought it would just be passive like Fel Armor. Ya know. I chose the talent, I'd probably want it up all the time.

I could take it off to heal the pet but Soul Link replaces Health Funnel sooo....yea. Ew. Maybe at 90 I could park my pet behind a box and have someone spam heal it (which gives reason to 1/2 health) but still.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
In a BG, whenever my pet is out i use soul link plus its a great talent for when pet is sacced also, not sure why you wouldnt use it in a bg. Its not like your pet gets hit any harder then you do.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
09/21/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Evolyn
I could take it off to heal the pet but Soul Link replaces Health Funnel sooo....yea. Ew. Maybe at 90 I could park my pet behind a box and have someone spam heal it (which gives reason to 1/2 health) but still.

That's my biggest issue with it. If it just disabled health funnel that would be one thing, but the fact that I'm giving up the ability to heal my pet when it's off is just ridiculous. Hell, they could even add a cooldown when it SL gets turned off.

Otherwise you might as well make it passive, because turning it off is pointless.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Im not sure what you are seeing because people arent killing warlock pets in bgs. If my pet dies its because i just got ton of damage absorded and i would be dead otherwise. If someone is focusing on your pet then do something about it. I dont think its the end of the world if it dies anyways.
Reply Quote
09/22/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Crackhorror
Im not sure what you are seeing because people arent killing warlock pets in bgs. If my pet dies its because i just got ton of damage absorded and i would be dead otherwise. If someone is focusing on your pet then do something about it. I dont think its the end of the world if it dies anyways.

If a caster sees my pet not at my side, it's like easy bait or something, I dunno. Maybe cleave damage kills it? I'm scared half the time to send it out to attack because of how fast the felpup can die. God forbid I use soul link, half its health pool, and eat the damage.

When my pet dies, I'm essentially out my 3rd tier talent altogether plus a pet ability. Granted, as affliction, I can pop a new one so it's not terrrrrribly disabling (e.g. old BM hunters who lost their pet) but rather an annoyance that I get to baby sit something because I chose a talent that makes it more vulnerable.

I've no idea what DKs are up to now, but a while ago in arena all it took was that aoe-freeze spell hitting me and my pet, a proc or two, and my pet was dead while I was frozen. I suppose the resource trade now isn't as bad because I can soul shard up a new one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If you summon the pet you will use and Sac before you enter the battleground, it will resort to the pet at the very top of the list every time you respawn (this is why the Imp is spawned).

While in the 2 minute wait time (before the BG starts), summon what pet you will Sac (hopefully Felhuntard, but some people tend to go for the Voidwalker [which admittedly, is GREAT for 2v2/3v3 vs'ing a melee cleave, specifically something like DK/Warrior, or Lumberjack (Warrior, Warrior, RDruid) Disarm > Sac > Pop !@#$]).

If you Sac during the 2 minutes wait, the pet you Sac'd there will spawn with you.

Basically:

OUTSIDE > Summon pet > Sac > enter BG > INSIDE > Imp will spawn when you die.

OUTSIDE > enter BG > INSIDE > Summon pet > Sac > Summoned pet will spawn when you die.
Reply Quote
OUTSIDE > Summon pet > Sac > enter BG > INSIDE > Imp will spawn when you die.

OUTSIDE > enter BG > INSIDE > Summon pet > Sac > Summoned pet will spawn when you die.

This is totally amazing to know. Thank you!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]