No WOW folder, failed to launch message

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Rogue
Hey I just D/Led the whole WOW client last night and I cant seem to get past the launcher. I get a Failed to launch a critical file message. It also says to close all other Apps, deactivate anti virus software and log in as an administrator and try again.
Ok Done all that... no worky. So started poking around in the forums. Tried to locate the WOW folder but its not there. I have battle.net and blizzard and blizzard entertainmant folders only.
Also the only App is the wow launcher.....
Anyone able to help??? PLEEEASE!!!

Im trying to get back into wow for the launch of Pandaria
Cheers
Blizzard Employee
That seems like you're missing a lot of files.

If you load up your System Information (/Applications/Utilities), go to Software > Applications and see if you can locate World of Warcraft. Apps there are listed alphabetically.
85 Gnome Warlock
I'm having this same problem. I have the WoW setup app but when it loads it shows me the installer and when I click install it says im missing a lot of files. I can't find my World of Warcraft folder anywhere and I dont know how to get it back
Blizzard Employee
This sounds like you are missing quite a bit of files. What is the exact full error message?

Also, was this WoW Setup file in /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Setup/wow_enus?
84 Night Elf Death Knight
Man.. I'm getting the same problem... and I can't find my folder... this is extremly frustrating seeing as i just got a scroll of resurrection
90 Human Priest
Hybris, can you check to see whether or not you have a World of Warcraft folder in your main drive's Applications folder?

It should be:

Main Drive
-----/Applications
----------/World of Warcraft
---------------/Data
---------------/Interface
---------------Launcher.db
---------------/Logs
---------------/Movies
---------------/Screenshots
---------------SetupOSX.mpq
---------------/Updates
---------------World of Warcraft
---------------World of Warcraft Launcher
---------------World of Warcraft-64
---------------WoW.mfil
---------------WoW.pfil
---------------WoW.tfil
---------------/WTF

Paths with a "/" indicate a folder.

6 Gnome Mage
[removed]
Edited by Machkhan on 10/21/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Blizzard Employee
Private servers are bad, mmkay, please don't ask for advice about getting to these..
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]