Cross Realm Zones vs Farming

90 Worgen Hunter
I have recently decided to level alchemy and engineering on my priest. As AH prices are inflated, I have decided to farm the materials myself. As I wander through my farming adventures, I have noticed a lot of roadblocks. I have a list of what I need and how much of it, so that I don't overfarm anything.

More than once, I have run into difficulty due to farmers from other servers. Another member of my guild is having the same issues. My current need of adamantite ore is the worst example I have seen. WoWhead lists Nagrand as the zone with the highest amount of adamantite nodes. I just completed a full sweep of the zone without finding a single node.

I do not know if other servers are also profession farming, if they are farming to sell, or if they are just being jackinipes. Whatever the reason, I am seeing low material availability. What makes it worse is that every node farmed by another server takes those materials away from Staghelm. I am concerned that leveling professions can hit a roadblock if you can't even farm the materials reliably. I hope this issue can be addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This cross realm zone crap has got to go. This is the biggest brain fart of an idea in quite a while. They have nerfed these old zones to the point that you can pretty much solo everything, so there's no point in grouping up at all, so that justification is out the window. The only thing this is doing is creating an excessive amount of competition for low level mats. Forget about trying to level professions on a new toon now, how the hell is a low level toon suppose to stand a chance farming an area against a 2 or 3 times as many level 85's (soon to be 90's) as you would have before this crap. Expect Auction House prices to skyrocket because of this.

I thought I read originally they would only be pairing up low level servers with ONE other low level server. I'm on a medium pop server, and I've noticed pairing with at least 3 other servers, one of those at least is also a medium pop server (I checked).

This move makes no sense. I just recruited to friends to play, and competition for the mats to level their professions is so fierce they can't do it. I doubt they'll continue playing the game much longer.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I play on a med pop server for a reason.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah this node decrease crap and sharing rare spawns is bull!@#$
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Im on Staghelm as well, and the resources in nearly all zones are depleted. I am not sure about the Alliance side, but the Horde side its nearly im possible to level up mining or herbalism supplied professions. Alchemy, JC and Blacksmithing are going to become fewer and fewer.

Also, its nearly im possible to get rare spawns these days. Try finding even a fake camel figurine in Uldum (much less the real one). I havent even seen one since the CRZ went live.

CRZ has all of the disadvantages of a high pop server, and few of the benefits. They need to make rares and gathering nodes on an individual server basis, maybe phase them in. Either that or drop CRZ for the massive disruption it is causing for leveling, and for rares and professions.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I'm sorry, but wow all the whining because of a challenge. Get over it and find other areas that also have the mats too.

I would have liked a few more people to help me when I was low level in some of those zones. While I realize my alchemy would have probably been more difficult, I waited awhile before I even started leveling it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Its not a "challenge" thats the problem, and its not whining. Its basic supply and demand. Many of us wanted a med pop server, and left higher pop ones to escape the effects of crowding, including farming on resource nodes, as well as being able to hunt rares.

And Im not talking about help at low levels, Im talking about changing professions, or supply the ones we now have.. Not everyone has the much larger amount of time needed to gather mats, now that there are 2-3 times as many people harvesting the same amount of mats. Basic supply and demand - basic math. Demand goes up (triple or more), supply stays staic (same amount of spawns), and prices are limited (this is Staghelm after all) - that means shortage. On top of that, the resources taken don't come to our economy - they go to other servers. So its not like someone else on the server is going to resell them, or make something from them and sell it. They are simply gone. Not available. You cant make things even if you wanted to. or else have to spend a rediculous amount of time trying to farm them.

Thats a defect, not a challenge.

I'm sorry, but wow all the whining because of a challenge. Get over it and find other areas that also have the mats too.

I would have liked a few more people to help me when I was low level in some of those zones. While I realize my alchemy would have probably been more difficult, I waited awhile before I even started leveling it.
Edited by Murdabenne on 9/20/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You should all get ready to pay 2000-3000 gold per blue gem in the next expansion!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
09/20/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Raacx
You should all get ready to pay 2000-3000 gold per blue gem in the next expansion!

Not only that, you should prepare to see very few of them come up for sale. Gotta mine/prospect the gems before you can sell them - and mining nodes are scarce right now where CRZ is enabled.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I agree wholeheartedly. Trying to level up BS through BC levels atm is just horrible. Worst part is being tailed by another ally whose sole aim it seems is to just beat you to that next node. You can't even kill them, and if you did, someone else would come along and ninja while you were fighting over that one little node :(

I like the concept of CRZ.. but the shared nodes (and rares) is on the far side of stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
CRZ is a newly implemented feature to the game I'm sure they will be needing to tweak certain aspects of it as time goes on. They'll probably compensate by creating faster spawn points or adding nodes to the map, etc...

With a new expansion just on the horizon, I'm sure Blizzard is currently occupied with more important things than satisfying the farming material needs of lower population servers.

I do see how it's a problem, but posting here won't get anything done about it. If you want Blizz to do something about it, go post in the suggestion forum or maybe the Professions forum.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/20/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Murdabenne

Not only that, you should prepare to see very few of them come up for sale. Gotta mine/prospect the gems before you can sell them - and mining nodes are scarce right now where CRZ is enabled.

Well that's the reason prices go up, few items for sale when there's a bigger demand.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we have a blue post to give more information on this please....

and yes i have the same problem and its getting annoying. I have heard that a lot of people is leaving wow due to this problem, I am busy leveling blacksmithing and getting obsidium ore is a nightmare, the ratio went from 120 ores per 30min to 20 ore in a hour, its crazy
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Ideas I've found that I think could help with CRZ or things I think are wrong with it.

Balance around faction balance more than total number of players. So have a hordie for every ally, not just oh look there are only 5 players in this zone lets add 25 more.

Put level limit on zones, high levels get put onto servers with other high levels, recommended level with recommended level... So there wont be as many 80+'s running around Darkshore or wherever while you're trying to level an alt, and PVP will be more even.

Cross realm AH. This would solve most of the issues CRZs are trying to solve, while having fewer problems.

Put stronger restrictions on which servers are grouped, PVE only with PVE, PVP with PVP, RP only RP. Keep time zones within an hour of each other.

Right now there seems to be little reason to group, aside from grouping with friends/guildies (which are probably already on the same server), there are very few quests that one player would have trouble with. So add some justification for CRZs, add more group quests.

Add an option to opt-out of phasing into another realm.

Have fewer cross realm zones overall, instead of every zone being a CRZ, have one zone from every ten levels or so be a CRZ and one not be. So you have a choice when leveling to go into other servers or not.

CRZ only for PVP servers, so far most of the positive things I've heard about CRZ have been PVP oriented so maybe make only PVP servers have CRZs.
or
Have some non-CRZ servers available, and a free migration to them.

If you find a rare mob that you want to tame or kill on a non-hunter or weak alt can you get back to the same server where the mob is or will you get shifted to another server?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Or just let people disable it, and let people vote with their feet.

Of course, we know that won't happen, and we all know why. >:D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
TLDR Version of This Thread:

"QQ Multiplayer action happened on a Multiplayer game! Make it one player, Blizz! QQ"
Edited by Llamasham on 2/27/2013 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
The only reason I wish CRZ to die; hate people getting kicked off of two person mounts when crossing a zone line.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/27/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Whaang
The only reason I wish CRZ to die; hate people getting kicked off of two person mounts when crossing a zone line.

dont forget the mindless phaze shifting....like oh i killed mob...bye bye mob hello ne wpack of 50 mobs i die

or the endless ganking that happens thats the worst ever log into my lock at lvl 62 play 8 min die 5 times
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
02/27/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Obbi
or the endless ganking that happens thats the worst ever log into my lock at lvl 62 play 8 min die 5 times

Haven't played on a PvP server for years; doubt I will ever go back since you basically can pick when you want to PvP vs. not wanting to PvP on a PvE server.

Some days I just want to mindlessly grind without interruption.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]