What am I doing wrong?

100 Night Elf Druid
Alright, well I keep going oom in LFR and I can't figure out why! I had 3600 spirit with buffs so I figured I wouldn't have any problems. I pretty much had to reset all my reforges to gain back my spirit and the only reforge I have at the moment are ones to get my haste cap.
So.. what am I doing wrong? :( (I also realize I do not have all my glyphs in yet, I forgot to do that before I logged out and I'm too lazy to relog in but I'm assuming that's not a major issue)
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
the problem is your 3600 spirit,you answered your question silly.
Reply Quote
just looked at your stuff ... you're at spirit cap right now (2800) but you have a bunch of mastery that you can reforge to haste. As far as going oom goes, you can use the ilvl 359 trink that gives spirit on use, and cast innervate on yourself to solve that issue. Plus, use your cheap spells a lot more.

To be fair though ... I do think there is something with mana usage and druids. I quit buying water for this guy and my pally completely. My disc priest buys a little now and then. I have to have a full stack of water to run DS on my druid though.
Edited by Shammyhaygar on 9/18/2012 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Shammyhaygar
spirit cap right now (2800)

wut?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
you're at spirit cap right now (2800) but you have a bunch of mastery that you can reforge to haste

I'm...not sure what I'm reading.

OP, you're probably using your expensive heals a bit too much. Also remember that you can use Tree of Life as a sort of mana cooldown in that you can spread cheap Lifeblooms and get a ton of OOC procs for free Regrowths.

Also I'd suggest using some other glyphs. You should be using your Innervate on yourself, since it's one of your very few mana cooldowns. EJ recommends Wild Growth, Regrowth/Rejuvenation, and Lifebloom (which is absolutely crucial for tank swaps).

Take all this with a grain of salt, I'm new to resto, but not healing. :P
Edited by Restorata on 9/18/2012 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Also keep lifebloom up on the tanks as it applies the replenishment buff granting you 1%mana per sec for 10 or 15 seconds
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Catmandu
Also keep lifebloom up on the tanks as it applies the replenishment buff granting you 1%mana per sec for 10 or 15 seconds

I'm pretty sure Replenishment's gone. Lifebloom is still important to maintain since it's your cheapest heal by far and procs OOC.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Restorata

I'm pretty sure Replenishment's gone. Lifebloom is still important to maintain since it's your cheapest heal by far and procs OOC.

Ok, wasn't sure as I haven't healed since patch
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Wait, Druids actually go OoM?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Restorata
you're at spirit cap right now (2800) but you have a bunch of mastery that you can reforge to haste

I'm...not sure what I'm reading.

OP, you're probably using your expensive heals a bit too much. Also remember that you can use Tree of Life as a sort of mana cooldown in that you can spread cheap Lifeblooms and get a ton of OOC procs for free Regrowths.

Also I'd suggest using some other glyphs. You should be using your Innervate on yourself, since it's one of your very few mana cooldowns. EJ recommends Wild Growth, Regrowth/Rejuvenation, and Lifebloom (which is absolutely crucial for tank swaps).

Take all this with a grain of salt, I'm new to resto, but not healing. :P

Well, I never changed my healing rotation or anything or how I did it. I normally spread rejuv everywhere and never use regrowth. I only use healing touch when I need it or when it's no-cost. And yeah, disregard my glyphs, I haven't looked through them at all yet :P
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
just looked at your stuff ... you're at spirit cap right now (2800) but you have a bunch of mastery that you can reforge to haste. As far as going oom goes, you can use the ilvl 359 trink that gives spirit on use, and cast innervate on yourself to solve that issue. Plus, use your cheap spells a lot more.

To be fair though ... I do think there is something with mana usage and druids. I quit buying water for this guy and my pally completely. My disc priest buys a little now and then. I have to have a full stack of water to run DS on my druid though.

As far as I was concerned, there was no spirit cap anymore. I might be wrong but that's just what I've heard/read.
I use innervate whenever it's off CD- it used to be that it would time up perfectly whenever I was 80% mana and I could use it to get back to full. But now I'm starving for it to get off CD ): Do druids need to change up their rotation or something now? I've always used rejuv/nourish at all times and rarely ever use regrowth and only use healing touch when I direly need to. I feel like I can't spread rejuv on my raid anymore
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

LOLwut? Impossible. I havn't had drinks since the week I dinged 85.
The only time I drink is when I eat a feast.

To the OP;

Go easier on the Rejuv blankets. Keep in mind all heals have been buffed since 5.0 dropped, so your Rejuv blanket is going to get overhealed by other healers much faster. (If you're raiding)
A druids best friend is important placement of swiftmend. Always drop the Efflo where it will always hit at least 2-3 targets at minimum.

If it's not a stacked fight, use Rejuv on yourself and run into a cluster of allies and drop swiftmend on yourself. That AOE heal is our best heal by far, not only because it's bomb for throughput, but it's cheap, tops multiple people up very fast allowing you to regen more mana.

Ps, Nourish is a spell I never use anymore, (in raids) unless its solely to refresh LB.
Edited by Darknsmelly on 9/18/2012 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Darknsmelly
If it's not a stacked fight, use Rejuv on yourself and run into a cluster of allies and drop swiftmend on yourself.

Lol. Done this so many times.

"Ok, I should be able to get everyone in the green circle if I run riiight... here."
/cast Rejuvenation
/cast Swiftmend
"Stupid Hunter was too far away! Why won't he take 2 steps forward and stand in it!!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Ps, Nourish is a spell I never use anymore, (in raids) unless its solely to refresh LB.

Just wanted to note that Nourish is our most inefficient spell in terms of healing per mana, tied with Wild Mushrooms. It -is- a cheap spell and is cheaper per GCD, but it's pretty much not worth casting unless nobody's taking damage and you need to refresh Lifebloom/Harmony.

Well I guess that's not quite true, it definitely hits harder than it did pre-patch, but it's still not exactly great. Doesn't help that you need a HoT on your target to get the most out of it.
Edited by Restorata on 9/18/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/18/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Ravenpaw
Well, I never changed my healing rotation or anything or how I did it.

We may be onto something here, Holmes...

In the patch there were changes to all classes and specs, your best 'rotation' may be quite different now to what it was before.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wish Shammyhaygar would stop back in and qualify his "spirit cap" statement.

Actually, I just wish people wouldn't post completely inaccurate information on the forum. To be clear, there is no such thing as a spirit cap for any type of healer. More spirit will always provide more mana regen. How much regen you want is highly dependent on your play style and is influenced by raid composition. Once you reach a regen rate that you feel is comfortable to maintain your style, then the value of spirit is diminished.

Troubleshooting mana problems is a two step process:
#1: Look at your meters to see what spells are overhealing and reduce using those spells so often.
#2. Work more mana efficient heals into your rotation. You often don't need to top someone off in under 10 sec. Use cheap heals when you have the time.

As you get more efficient with your healing you can begin to reduce your spirit in favor of mastery to make your heals even more powerful and efficient.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]