Your fav warcraft lore

90 Tauren Druid
Not everyone cares about in game lore, but a good many do. For those who do care, but just don't know a lot of it. try youtube " lore for noobs" updated time lines and a lot of cool little mini stories.

The entire thrall story is one the best, i don't think anyone will really argue that .(except the ppl who just got tired of hearing how much of a bada$$ he is) To go from a slave, to leading the horde, who before him were just blood thirsty alien invaders.

but, there are many many other little stories that are pretty good also. ogrim doomhammer , grom hellscream . the time gruul helped fight deathwing (was new to me also) vol'jin and sen'jin , the saurfangs , the many dark portal incidents , the ( first and second ) lich king stories, the titans, the old gods, the 3 wars, to name a few
Feel free to provide a short summery to the one you pick as your fav.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would have to go with the Emerald Dream. It's basically Azeroth without any intelligent life's interference. Malfurion is trapped inside, which makes for a possible future rescue mission. It was also a state of Azeroth in which there was only one continent, unbroken into what are now the 4 continents. You are also immortal in the dream, as time has no meaning there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
wow. I'm impressed. and curious, will have to read up on that one i've been meaning to.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't know why, but i got really attached to the Lich King lore, prior to, and especially after Arthas came into the picture. It has so many elements working together, like Illidian you come to hate yet empathize with Arthas. For some reason it seems tragic to think of how well off the Alliance was prior to the plague, and to see the destruction that left behind.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ner'zhul (the first lich king) was also one of the first horde warchiefs (in outlands)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Queen Azshara and the Highborne really fascinate me from the bits I've come in contact with, specifically from Well of Eternity (my most favorite dungeon). This part is what really enchants me:

When the black waters of the Well of Eternity poured into the palace, she created a magical shield that would protect her and the remaining Highborne from drowning. It was at that time that a voice in her head whispered of an escape: "There is a way...there is a way...you will become more than you ever were...more than you ever were...we can help...we can help...You will be more than you have ever been...and when the time comes, for what we grant you...you will serve us well..." Her spell collapsed but as the Well filled her lungs she did not drown. She instead expanded with hate and rage, becoming a massive monstrosity, reflecting the wickedness and malice that had always hidden within her core.

-WoWPedia

Eventually I'm going to sit down and read the lore associated with it, but until then I'll just have to wonder and flip through some of the lovely fan art (like http://vaanel.deviantart.com/#/d5crcby).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
read up on the emerald dream. it sounds pretty cool. and im looking forward to the next expansion already.
gonna go read up on azshara more now.

i wish blizz would release all the cut scenes from warcraft,and world of warcraft in correct order, and fill in the missing ones. maybe just a mini cinimatic movie . i bet many new and older players would really love the lore.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
For me, the Lore is one of the main reasons i stay, its one of the few games that has such history behind it, SWtoR came close with back story, but it just wasn't the same. I was hoping for an emerald dream expansion, got excited when i seen the green, and then i saw the word Pandaria and heard Chinese music and was instantly depressed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You should go read up on the original Pandarian lore. It has been in Warcraft before WoW was released.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
2 Months Prior to the announcement of MoP, i looked up the Panaren "Lore" It didn't exist, there was, of course, info on the WC3 quest with Chen Stormstout, and just the story that was revealed during that quest. That's all that existed prior to Blizzcon last year. Afterwards, they shoe-horned in lore, saying oh, a panda was at this event, and a panda was at that event. Nevermind the fact that the very earthwarder and all other aspects were oblivious to this entire other continent and that it remained untouched by the shattering. Nevermind that they had to steal certain aspects and attributes from other races for the pandas.
Edited by Lundor on 9/20/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
fair points, but, first. have to consider the fact that its blizz's lore. and you cant really tell the person who writes the lore, that its wrong. Also, its not always a bad thing that the lore is ever changing and evolving, and most importantly growing.
The fact that chen is in wc3 is proof that the pandas have actually always existed as a race. and if we had seen a bunch of lore about them already , it would really have killed the "hidden by the mist for blah blah years" factor.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I just didnt buy into them being forgotten by all the people they've interacted with, and ok, hidden by the mists to the mortals, but by the aspect of earth that is connected to all of azeroth's very soils and bedrock, i mean, if thrall in his first 5 minutes of new power was able to detect Pandaria, then how couldn't Deathwing? And how did it escape all the crap that went on all over the rest of the planet? I'm not saying they shouldn't be in the lore, or that Blizz made an error, but in my opinion there's certainly more exciting choices, ones that fit into current and past lore more... seamlessly. End Rant.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Sargeras and The Burning Legion is my favorite.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't think its so much that they couldn't see them or didn't know about them, as much as they weren't worried about them. in the grand scheme of things, they had little to no effect, much like the worgens for so many years. and they were actually just in a corner of the world we all live in.

the sargaras story is pretty cool also. defending for so long in the name of the titans, and then just giving up bc it felt like trying to sweep the sand off a beach.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I really enjoy reading about the lore surrounding Arthas and his corruption. I also really liked the Sylvanas Windrunner and Road to Damnation short stories, which both happen to be related to Arthas.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I loved the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline and all the NPCs and parts of Azeroth that it involed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm interested in the titans and trolls since there my 2 favorite races in the game just cause of their lore.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I'm curious what the current Lich King is up to right now, I mean I know he's controlling them so that they don't wreck havoc, but what else he's up to. Also what is up with the Old God under the sea that the quests in Vash'jir they kept hinting at in cata...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My favorite part of lore is back when Pandarians taught the Night Elves how to be Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Sylvanas Windrunner. The dark mysterious soul that leads the forsaken. Her whole backstory leading up to her becoming a general for the quel thalas just to be slain by arthas. Its always piqued my intrest
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]