Story line

90 Blood Elf Rogue
So what's the story line here for MoP...why are the horde and alliance fighting once more?

Don't get me wrong, I think its great all this kumbaya crap the last two expansions was meh. I'm glad they're putting the WAR back in warcraft I am however curious what is the reason for the bloodshed?

Why did the horde attack Theramore for example?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
09/18/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Burtucky
why are the horde and alliance fighting once more?

It is in their nature.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Because there are no longer any immediate pressing threats to the entire world taking priority over our petty, meaningless, blood squabble.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/18/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Sharkon
Because there are no longer any immediate pressing threats to the entire world taking priority over our petty, meaningless, blood squabble.

Basically this. There's no more Ragnaros, no more Nefarian, no more C'Thun, no more Illidan, no more Lich King, and no more Deathwing.

There is a lull in the "Bad Guys Out to Trash Azeroth Club" right now, so Horde and Alliance have nothing left to focus on but each other.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Well the horde attacked Thereamore because it was a threat, the alliance could use it as a lunching point for a attack, which they were already kinda doing. And Garrosh wants to conquer all ok Kalimdor so the city would have had to go at some point anyway.

As for the war. Garrosh wants Kalimdor and is set on getting it. So basically the Alliance is just playing defensive. Lessening resources plays a big part as well.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Because Garrosh is a big poopoo head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
09/18/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Xanaa
Because Garrosh is a big poopoo head.

Well he is at that, I'd support a Sylvanus coup, she would be a good war leader.
Reply Quote
The Plot for the Horde and Alliance fighting is Simple

an undead Prefossor trying to steal the illegal Danish from a guild in Iron Forge.

Little do they know that durn this conflict a pally break into Thralls Inner lair (Club Thrall)

I think Myndflame wed site could explain the rest of the Plot better but, that the gist of it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/18/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Jessebella
It is in their nature.

I freaking lol'ed.
Reply Quote
Oh, and we must not let the illegal Danish fall in the wrong hands.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
One of the most succinct descriptions I could find involving the war that’s brewing is actually from our announcement for the novel Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.

The renowned sorceress Lady Jaina Proudmoore has long struggled to improve relations between the Horde and the Alliance. Now, as mounting tensions threaten to ignite a new era of strife, her hopes for peace are on the verge of being shattered...

Warchief Garrosh Hellscream and the rest of the Horde are poised for an all-out attack on Jaina's beloved home, Theramore. Alliance forces converge on the city to repel the Horde onslaught, but the brave defenders are unprepared for the true scope of Garrosh's cunning and deceptive strategy.

Written by New York Times bestselling author Christie Golden, Tides of War depicts the ramifications of Garrosh's shocking assault in this thrilling new chapter in Warcraft's ongoing story. His brazen campaign irrevocably transforms Jaina, propelling the kindhearted diplomat down a path of vengeance that will change her destiny forever.

If you’re interested in a deeper look into the characters and events surrounding Theramore’s Fall, I highly recommend checking it out. There’s even a preview of it up on our site.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/18/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare
One of the most succinct descriptions I could find involving the war that’s brewing is actually from [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7080376/Jaina_Proudmoore_Tides_of_War_Novel_Now_on_Sale-8_30_2012"]our announcement[/url] for the novel Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.

Is reading the books important to understand the story of the game? It never felt that way in the past. I've been playing non-stop since WotLK, but Fall of Theramore felt more like coming back from my one-year break between BC and LK. The whole thing left me confused.
Edited by Ryrok on 9/18/2012 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If you’re interested in a deeper look into the characters and events surrounding Theramore’s Fall, I highly recommend checking it out. There’s even a preview of it up on our site.

I will read the book which I look forward to, but I still wish there was better lore development and explanation in game. Currently in game we have absolutely no explanation of why pandas are in SW chilling with their hot air balloon =/
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Does this count as product placement?
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Ryrok
One of the most succinct descriptions I could find involving the war that’s brewing is actually from [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7080376/Jaina_Proudmoore_Tides_of_War_Novel_Now_on_Sale-8_30_2012"]our announcement[/url] for the novel Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.

Is reading the books important to understand the story of the game? It never felt that way in the past. I've been playing non-stop since WotLK, but Fall of Theramore felt more like coming back from my one-year break between BC and LK. The whole thing left me confused.

Apparently it now is. I am disgusted that a blue is even touting a book on the forums. The fail of theramore is that most of it happened in the book none of it happened in the game
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
09/18/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Noxxiouss
Does this count as product placement?

Yes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Because of gravity.

I mean, the commercial said, it's because we're like leaves falling. Leaves fall because of gravity.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Vaelflare, if you don't want to be accused of product placement, you should have poseted the entire novel on the pirate bay and linked it.

Fight the power.
09/18/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Tin
Currently in game we have absolutely no explanation of why pandas are in SW chilling with their hot air balloon =/

Because design oversights are not pretty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]