For Theramore!

90 Blood Elf Mage
With the destruction of Theramore, the Alliance potentially has a new candidate for its battle cry. Before, I used "For Lordaeron!" But now, we can use "For Theramore!" With it being the most recent of Alliance cities lost.

What do you guys think? Think "For Theramore!" could catch on as a battle cry for fighting the Horde?
Edited by Lorelaî on 9/19/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
God, I only hope so.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
No.

Originally For the Horde was countered by For the Alliance.

The playerbase is what made "For the Horde" a thing.

I don't see anyone outside of RPers yelling "For Theramore" at Blizzcon(Which is where For the Horde really got a good portion of its popularity)
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Step 1: Activate your tabard and put up the Theramore banner.

Step 2: Watch Horde player throw mini mana bomb at you and tabard, thus recreating the entire event.

Step 3: Slink off to the sound of their snickering.

EDIT: You say you don't expect to hear "For Theramore!" at the next Hordecon? Imagine that!
Edited by Lyrtes on 9/19/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Step 1: Activate your tabard and put up the Theramore banner.

Step 2: Watch Horde player throw mini mana bomb at you and tabard, thus recreating the entire event.

Step 3: Slink off to the sound of their snickering.

EDIT: You say you don't expect to hear "For Theramore!" at the next Hordecon? Imagine that!

Well, the Horde has Lok'tar Ogar as well. Obviously you can counter For the Horde with For the Alliance....
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
"Remember the Alamo" worked pretty well for the Texans.

"Remember Theramore" should work for this...but I dunno. Not quite the same. The Alamo. Theramore.

Gotta roll it around in my head a little more.
Reply Quote
The Alamo is a farcry from Theramore

200 Texans against a sizable Mexican army, fighting to the last man

A massive Horde army and fleet, against an equal sized Alliance army and fleet with one of the best defenses in the world. It took an assassination and a well placed bomb of Titanic proportions to tip the scale
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't think I want to remember this half-assed excuse for a lore development.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
The events themselves are very different, yes. But both are points of history that one can rally a fighting force around: the Alamo as an example of doomed honorable bravery against impossible odds, Theramore a vicious and cowardly strike by the enemy. Both are a call to remember the fallen.

My problem is that "Remember Theramore" doesn't quite have the cadence of "Remember the Alamo" as a shouted warcry.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I like the idea of shouting "For Theramore" - it represents something recent, emotionally-charged, and helps the Alliance (and its playerbase) move away from a Lordaeron-centric mindset.
Reply Quote
17 Goblin Priest
Remember Southshore!
Remember Gilneas!
Remember Astranaar!
Remember Andorhal!
Remember Lordaeron!
Remember Azshara!
Remember Tiragarde!
Remember Northwatch!
Remember Fort Triumph!
Remember Silverwind Refuge!
Remember Farwatcher's Glen!
Remember Bael Modan!

To name a few.
Reply Quote
09/19/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Bullcowsby
I like the idea of shouting "For Theramore" - it represents something recent, emotionally-charged, and helps the Alliance (and its playerbase) move away from a Lordaeron-centric mindset.

If anything, this

Especially for Aurria. She has her own ties to the city, mainly personal reasons, so losing the city and the people hits her hard, as a mage. Other toons, not so much, but all of them still want Horde blood
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yeah, if Theramore had ever been significantly built up in the story and by the players into something worthwhile, this'd be a decent thing to yell, -maybe-. Right now I can promise you, you'll have some people react by saying, "WHo?" Not even asking, Where, or What, but Who.

It was handled poorly. Golden's book was up to her standard, but the plot she was given by Blizzard just... ugh...

Anyone else willing to buy a reboot at this point? Scrap everything that's happened, retcon it all, and let's go back to vanilla and start from there. Get rid of the factional system. It shouldn't have existed in the first place. Night Elves can join the Horde after the Orcs, actually having -learned- from their past with the humans, vacate the forests of Ashenvale and leave them alone until mutual threats against both of them cause them to team up (Demons, what else?).

Blood Elves can join the Alliance like they should have from the start. Forsaken become an enemy NPC organization akin to the Scarlet Crusade. Horde and Alliance are united and get along; the only traces of a factional system left is that Alliance races start out friendly with the Alliance and neutral with the Horde, and vice versa.

No more prophecies. No more neutral factions. Dragon Aspects didn't come into existence to take down one of their own, and Old Gods are just recovering enough to try and stir trouble again, sans the ability to drive people insane. Otherwise, most stuff -fine-, just don't go overboard with this hero factory nonsense. Oh, also, Varian Wrynn. Amnesia and twin thingy? No. In fact, just let Tiffin live and the Stonemasons/Defias threat be a strictly Dragon-related threat.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
For Theramore!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/19/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Bullcowsby

Theramore was a Lordaeron refugee colony... so an attack on Theramore is an attack on Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm a Night Elf. Why would I say this? Just saying.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
09/19/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Noitora

Erm, all of those Night Elves also killed by the bomb? I don't think Shandris took all of her elves with her, she only took her Sentinels, there were mages and druids that wouldn't have gone, thus died in the Mama Bomb.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
"We'll keep trying!"
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
For Pained!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

For the...

damnit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]