Dk's..What would ED think?

90 Draenei Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191130564

Been surfing around trying to suffice my boredom and came across this thread. My question to the whole ED community is, how fun was this back in the day?

Me being a Cata baby, I never was able to experience it. I think it would be kind of cool if the Dev's brought something like this back in Mists, but have it player based, and not based around players grouped up etc.

I think it would be pretty sweet having another mechanic to play around in WPvP, and bring another level of excitement to the game. Again what are your thoughts on this, and how was it back in the day? Discuss.

Much love: Wigz
Reply Quote
Dishonorable Kills were the worst espically when people were trying to do the PvP Title grind back in Vanilla. All it took was one person in the raid to kill one "dishonorable" target and the entire raid would get credit for the DH Kill. Everyone would be penalized for one person's actions. Blizz finally realized the their intention was noble but their implementation was flawed and removed them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/21/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Dreaux
Dishonorable Kills were the worst espically when people were trying to do the PvP Title grind back in Vanilla. All it took was one person in the raid to kill one "dishonorable" target and the entire raid would get credit for the DH Kill. Everyone would be penalized for one person's actions. Blizz finally realized the their intention was noble but their implementation was flawed and removed them.

I loved Dishonourable Kills; I wound up being invited to PVP raids but never invited to the raid itself, because I cared so little for the PVP Titles and just wanted to see the world burn. There were a couple of times someone invited me without knowing how I went about my business and wound up getting penalized for it. Wish I kept the rage posts.
Edited by Phung on 9/21/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
In that other thread it said something how once you hit outlaw rank, own factoin NPC's attacked you and such.

Was that the case with own faction players as well?

If so, that would be sweet having a toon that is a "one man army" sort of speak, and be one against the world and wonder around killing all in your wake. And/or getting rolfstomped by everyone around. lol

I think it could be a cool design with the new tech they can utilize now to tweak for PvP servers to play around with.

Just a thought
Reply Quote
If someone really wanted to be a lone wolf I couild see Blizz using the "At War" feature on the reupations instead of implementing DHK's. That way you could always turn off the "At War" if needed. If they did do that I would like to see reputation decay come into play.
Reply Quote
Wow, those were the "good ole days", this is going to sound wierd to some of you but for me one of the best things about vanilla (besides the epic WPvP of course) was having to find your group and then set off for the dungeon, some of the best PvP was at the Scholomance entrance and lets not forget Black Rock Mountain haha. Not to mention actually doing the dungeon itself created alot of friendships (and enemys) due to all the invested time into putting the group together and working through it pull by pull, to just rage quit would of wasted hours. I know my list is getting long but I LOVED the 12+ hour AVs :)

Wow, I just went on a nostalgic spree that had nothing to do with this thread. Yes DKs sucked, I was really close to getting Stone Guard till I got like 4 all of a sudden and I took a break cause of it...
Edited by Vhiessu on 9/21/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
DHK's were the worst thing to ever wind up in this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]