Why did you pick that race and faction?

90 Draenei Paladin
Hello everyone! It's your friendly neighborhood Draenei here again with a NEW topic! So, here's the question: Why did you pick that particular race and why did you go Horde/Alliance?

Same rules apply: Please be constructive and be curtious towards people's view and opnions here. I'll start!

Most of my classes are Night Elf. I love Night elves! I love their lore and I love the way they look. Only game I seen thus far that has them tall, dark, and BA looking in terms of elves. I picked Worgen for my Lock (a class Nelves don't have) because well, Worgen look BA and I picked Draenei for my Paladin because well, I always root for the under dog and why be like everyone else? Plus their racial comes in handy for Holy. With the Pandaren comming I'm going to roll a Pandaren Monk and may like the Pandaren a ton!

On horde side I picked Goblin because atm they are the only Horde race I like (next to Orcs but thats lorewise not look. The male faces look horrible to me. I'm waiting for their models to be updated and who knows?). Small and well, thy're BA to me.

My primary faction of choice is Alliance only because I like being on the "good guy" side. Plus when I first played this game I was Horde and Alliance side seems to be where the money is. Too many people roll Horde espically Blood elves and to each it's own, not knocking anyone for it. I just like, again, being different and I like the lore behind Alliance and I love the community on this side of the fence (i.e. AAO (my first love), Sentinels, The Shanre, Gnomergan forever, Champions of Alliance, the Professionals, the derbfin clan (I might have misspelled that. My bad), Brotherhood of Iron, Crusaders of Skadoosh and so forth).

Don't get me wrong, I give big props and shout outs to my bro's and sis's redside (i.e. The Hush (My Gob is in that guild and I <3 those guys), Magical Adventures, The Earthspear Tribe, Sycthe of Sylvannas, NoR, and so forth) these guys and gals help make redside awesome but it's just preference and right now, I'm pro Ally.

What about you guys?
Edited by Moonsword on 9/21/2012 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I played a half-orc barbarian in D&D.

This was the closest match.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Do you like the Lore behind Orcs? I found the whole story behind Grom to be a really REALLY good read. Wish all Orcs had red firey eyes.
Reply Quote

Nice Thokk! My story's somewhat related:

My first D&D AND MMO Character (EQ1) were both Half-Elf Rangers. With the announcement of a Warcraft MMO, my immediate thought was "High Elf Ranger!" since I doubt they were gonna make Half-Elves playable, seeing as they're not that highlighted in lore. Found out couldn't be High Elves either (should've figured that after what happened in WCIII) so went with my next best favorite race/class combo in medieval fantasy, Human Warrior! Santiágo was the very first character I made in WoW. :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

Do you like the Lore behind Orcs? I found the whole story behind Grom to be a really REALLY good read. Wish all Orcs had red firey eyes.

Well all you need to do is get them to drink more demon blood and blood rage :D.

It was such a blast the last time it happened in Outlands!

Oh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Nice Thokk! My story's somewhat related:

My first D&D AND MMO Character (EQ1) were both Half-Elf Rangers. With the announcement of a Warcraft MMO, my immediate thought was "High Elf Ranger!" since I doubt they were gonna make Half-Elves playable, seeing as they're not that highlighted in lore. Found out couldn't be High Elves either (should've figured that after what happened in WCIII) so went with my next best favorite race/class combo in medieval fantasy, Human Warrior! Santiágo was the very first character I made in WoW. :)

What do you like most about the humans? On a side note: I really should play some of the WoW oldschool games.

Well all you need to do is get them to drink more demon blood and blood rage :D.

It was such a blast the last time it happened in Outlands!

Oh.

I see you on the forums all the time Zieto, so why Goblin?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Originally I rolled horde at release, so I will always be a Hordie at heart, however I played the end of BC, most of Wrath, and some of Cata blue side because I do like Draenei and Night Elves.

I just enjoy the Tribal aspect of the Horde more, and as a whole their races are more diverse. I think their plot lines in MoP are going to be amazing as well, and spawn wonderful RP.

I rolled Horde on a server where we were outnumbered like 4 to 1. So we were definitely the underdogs. Before the release of battlegrounds, the battles at Grom'gol, Splintertree, and Tarren Mill were amazing.

Oh...right. I always loved the idea of a librarian like, pale, tall, willowy elven healer. It only adds to the RP when she is interacting in her brainy but no common sense way, with the Horde races.
Edited by Tij on 9/21/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

What do you like most about the humans? On a side note: I really should play some of the WoW oldschool games.

I loved how they were the underdog who got invaded. I got chills down my spine reading the part where the Orcs first attacked "Azeroth" (aka Stormwind) thinking it was gonna be a breeze cause all they saw were farmers and such, then they got their !@# handed to them by the Order of the Lion. :) One of my main motivations for making <Knights of Stormwind> back in my old server.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Kee: Pretty much everybody else was playing blood elves.

Bak: "I would like to play a shaman now."

Jirargh: I led a raid that was comprised entirely of blood elves, and something in me snapped.

I have simple motivations.
Edited by Jirargh on 9/21/2012 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Priest
The original Drove was a nelf on my pve server. Sely and I played alliance for a long time back then. I don't even remotely remember why we went alliance at the time, we just kind of did.

Then Sely came to this server and she loves loves loves forsaken and so she rolled one. Took a few months, but eventually I rolled belf Drove on this server to play with her. I picked belf because of arcane torrent, I love it so. I wish I had an omg cool reason for the race pick, but to be honest I don't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I kind of hope they do indeed do race remodels so I could make Tij taller, thinner, and FFS little boobs.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
When I first joined, I was joining a good friend of mine, and she was dedicated Horde. Thus, I rolled Horde. My first character was actually orc. I made Belevow when she and I wanted druids to get the Anzu mount(and you still needed druids to get it). Back then, Tauren was the only race for druid on Horde.

I actually healed as Boomkin in dungeons up until level 40 or so. Once she bought me dual-spec(hurk 1k gold) I spent more time in actual Resto. It was my first time healing in an MMO, and I took to it really well.

Eventually, she and I wound up on Twisting Nether RP-PvP(Argent Dawn[RP] -> Gorefiend[PvP] -> Nagrand[PvP?] --> TN --> WRA). She stopped playing the game for whatever reason. I can't remember if she had grown bored with it or if she was just too busy. Either way, I got a load of friends to come and play with me on TN, including Minion/Valliac. We all eventually got bored, left the game for a few months, and when I came back I was the only one. A lot of my in-game friends had even transferred to Alliance because "Horde RP was dead!"

So, for the first time, I tried Alliance and started getting back into in-game RP. Joined an RP guild, went to events, actually roleplayed on a near-daily basis, etc. (I know a lot of you are !@#$ting yourselves right now.) Then, %^-* hit the fan. There was a ton of drama. The guild I joined turned out to be full of trolls who liked to police RP and tell everyone how bad they are. The GM was power-hungry and only cared about himself and his close friends/suck-ups. I lost the one friend I had transferred for because I didn't like that guild members were going out of their way to troll people and the GM didn't give a !@#$. Outside of the guild, things weren't much better(my guild was a big one out of maybe 3 or 4 on the server). There was a skank running around slutting it up and ruining people's reputations just to get her jollies off, but everyone adored her because she was easy.

Sometime during all of that, The Cult of Devore was going on, and a lot of people from TN were coming over here to participate in it. I wanted to, but didn't get along with some of the participants so decided it was best to just spectate. Either way, people kept preaching about how good WRA was.

But I quit. I was so fed up with crap, having the GM PM me and %^-*! at me when I politely left the guild because I didn't want to be associated with a bunch of self-centered trolls.

When I did come back, I immediately transferred every character I cared about to WRA: Salvatore, Belevow, and Luethisel, but they were still on Alliance. I was happy to find that Alliance on WRA was FAAARRR more pleasant. I had grown to adore Stormwind and about half of the Alliance races, but eventually the Horde called, and I transferred back. I still have a level 85 druid(Belesef) and 80 priest(Gelir) on Alliance in Skadoosh, but I've been so busy out of WoW lately I haven't had time to get on any of my characters.

*A lot of my characters are also Belf. I tend to favor them because they're more humanesque.

Probably a lot more long-winded that you were looking for, but I JUST woke up. I only included a lot of it because it explains how I can to play on Alliance and so forth. <flops> Time to find food.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I've been human since release, back when we had Perception as a cooldown. Mage as well since I've always been partial to the magic classes in RPG's. I chose Alliance because my friend was on it and I wanted to play with him.
Reply Quote
Well I play both horde and alliance because I like seeing both sides of the story. I find sticking to only one faction limiting. Another perk I found once I started to get into rping is the fact that both sides bring a little something different. Alliance just tends to be a bit more friendly and together where as with horde I can get a lot more of a culture based stuff since a lot of the races are edgy with each other.

I'll start with my three alliance toons first. I made Bimpy here a gnome for a few reasons. One, I just find them incredibly cute, ya I'm not ashamed to admit it =p. The second reason is I liked that they seemed harder to target in pvp and I'm able to hide myself in a few places while in bgs. Thirdly I wanted to have a bubbly type rp character who was very outgoing and I felt gnome fit best since most of them can be quite eccentric.

My warrior ended up Draenei because I wanted to try a character that was really against the grain. So it was either dwarf that hated alcohol, night elf that openly thinks Elune is actually an old god or Draenei who is bitter over how the naaru have become such a focal point in their society. Was a hard choice, but I've really enjoyed rping as chysia so far :).

My druid is worgen due to me wanting a really gruff character who had a lot of room for growth. Worgen just worked best since I felt I could play off the feral tendencies to make him really animalistic in nature. I also love how male worgen look in the game, one of the best male models in the game imo.

For hordies I have a troll shaman who is what he is because I just love witch doctors. The whole use of hexes and voodoo just appealed to me more than making a standard commune with the elements shaman. Plus dem tusks.

I wanted a neutral type character who wasn't necessarily tied down to the horde or anyone so that's why I made a goblin lock. They are the one race I always felt just never really cared about anything sides making money which worked out perfectly. As with gnomes I also find the female models cute.

Lastly I have my undead rogue who unlike others wasn't chosen for rp purposes. Forsaken have always been my favorite race even before I got into rp so it was a no brainer that I needed to make one! It ended up rogue due to the melee animations looking so awesome.

So ya I picked most of my characters for rp purposes. Go go long winded posts!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
09/21/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Moonsword

To be perfectly honest, I didn't read a single bit of it before I rolled the orc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I started playing in Vanilla, horde on a PvP server. Sometime in mid-late BC I got bored and decided to try out this RP thing. I wanted a change of pace and chose alliance. I chose human because ever since the first time I ran Scarlet Monastery I totally loved those crazy whackjobs and found myself such a guild to join on Moon Guard.

I mostly stick to Alliance RP because it seems easier to find random RP. I mostly stick to humans because the other races simply aren't something that interest me enough.

I do also have a wee little troll shaman that I RP horde side because I absolutely love trolls. I've also RP'd a night elf druid off and on but for the most part I RP humans and a worgen. It's just what I gravitate toward, elves, orcs, all that really doesn't appeal much to me.

Once in a while when I grow tired of the RP scene I transfer back to one of my old servers and faction change back to horde. Overall I prefer hordeside for a number of reasons, the biggest being that all my IRL friends play horde side.

On that note in other games (swtor, lotro, etc) I also tend to only RP humans.
Edited by Eldevane on 9/21/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/21/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Drove
The original Drove was a nelf on my pve server.

Traitor, lol.

09/21/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Belevow
I made Belevow when she and I wanted druids to get the Anzu mount(and you still needed druids to get it).

God I remember that. Kinda made you feel cool as a druid. Except the part were someone else got Anzu, then it was just raaaaage, lol.

09/21/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Bimpy
. I made Bimpy here a gnome for a few reasons. One, I just find them incredibly cute, ya I'm not ashamed to admit it =p.

Me neither. It's my reason I had rolled one.
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Warrior
Because I love the tauren from WCIII. They've been dialed down a little, but... Still, amazing race. Love the traditions, love the culture, love the RP that comes from it... That and my fiance said the race would be a great fit with me.

I wanted to make another warrior, because... well. Warrior. My favorite two archetypes have always been the Native American Brave and the Viking, and because I'm a good little RPer, I'm sticking with the tauren and not trying to roll Vrykrul. I love the feeling of power that tauren give off when you're controlling them, and I like being the biggest target in a battle ground.

As for my faction? I'm always more drawn to the barbaric faction for some reason or another. It's just something I've always enjoyed. That, and WCIII made me fall in love with the Horde. Made me think that the Alliance just lets things get out of hand before trying to deal with it.

Unfortunately, I've been pulling away from my first race of choice, orc, because of the RP I'm seeing.
Can't RP a troll anymore.
Can't roll a forsaken.
Can't RP a BElf anymore.
Don't like goblins. I feel dirty when I play a goblin... and not the good kind of dirty.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
This was actually the first character I ever rolled, dating back to my time trying the game with a free trial. Started off as a human paladin on another server, faction switched and became the only available option at the time, a blood elf. That was around the launch of ICC and I stayed there through Cata's launch. I started to get rather bored of just doing stuff on a PvE server, so I came here and rolled a human warrior. Ended up loving it so much that I ponied up the money to server and faction transfer. Haven't really looked back since.

I chose draenei because I was looking for something different and challenging, at least as far as RP goes. Humans and dwarves didn't really pose any issues as far as jumping into RP, but a draenei required a good chunk of reading and practice to get where I am currently, and I'm quite happy with how she's turned out.
Edited by Pyrillia on 9/21/2012 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Well, originally I wanted to experience all starter zones. My very first character was... a Night elf hunter named Lusyydia. She still exists, but I've never leveled her past...er.. 61 I think. Even though she is on my old server, I can't bring it over myself to delete her.
I pretty much rolled characters of all races and classes, all over the place, and I'm still doing it, because I'm an altoholic, and proud about it!

Anyway- I love Night elves.
Their lore is intriguing. I love Night elf territory, I love their forests, I love the idea of being part of those ... fierce fighters hiding in the shadows, allied with ancient trees and semi gods. Immortal beings with a tragic history. I love that. I mean, look at Darnassus. It's one of the most beautiful cities in game. And everything has a kind of mystical aura...
I wish I had more character slots on WrA.

While we're at it... Blood elves.
Their pride, self-esteem, elegance and lore is, yeah, it's a bunch of stereotypes put together, but it's still fun to go with it. I found the idea of the arcane addiction very interesting, their fight for survival after being almost wiped out...
Their intrigue, competition, hierarchy, treason and two faced society is kind of unique in the WoW universe and that's always delicious bait for someone like me.

Trolls.
Trolls are cool. Simple as that. Just look at them. They are the digital manifestation of "cool".
I love their lore, their art style, their architecture, even their animations. I've just never been able to completely dive into their whole loa world. I would love to, but I don't really find any really good and detailed sources. It would help with my Troll Druid, so - if anyone knows where I could find something (other than wikipedia, wowpedia, I know those) please .. help a fellow troll to troll like a real troll.

Tauren
Although I really love their lore and their religion. I could never bring it over myself to actually level one past 20. That's really sad because they are amazing.

Orcs
- have everything, they have their code of honor, battlelust, a vast spiritual universe, respect. They only lack fitting leaders. Thrall was too spiritual and not enough fighter. Garrosh is too much warrior with a twisted idea of honor. He isn't spiritual enough. The orcs need a warchief who represents both, supported by a perfectly balanced council of spiritual and military leaders. I really would love to roll a female orc warrior on WrA... but yeah - no character slots.

Forsaken
Seriously. They are bad !@#. Vicious, but tragic. Their sad, dramatic lore mixed with their complete lack or knowledge of boundaries or, in some cases, ethic - makes them so much fun to role play. Tenebraeus is my absolute favorite character to role play with, at the moment. He is cold and vicious but painfully honest, dispassionate about almost everything, except his religion and his profession. He does neither hate or love the living, but is absolutely okay with the idea of killing them all. He trusts no one, not even himself, but gives his most important inks and documents to his attache, a death knight, for safe keeping without even thinking twice. He loves to create and to destroy, equally. A walking, talking, sado-masochistic, psychopathic contradiction and so much fun to role play. /sigh

Gnomes
Look at Quixx. She's cute. She's adorable. I'm also not ashamed to admit it. They are what they are. Cute. But in her case... the idea of a cute little patriotic ball of energy who is secretely absolutely vicious and evil - I mean, hey, she is a warlock for a reason, okay? She doesn't have to be evil, of course, but I love the idea.

Human.
I don't like their character models, their dance, their idle animations, but they have a vast and interesting lore. I currently have a human warlock and a human paladin. I think they are more what I consider traditional fantasy. You know, knights, maidens, kingdoms and wars - all that. It's sometimes really nice to just role play something that isn't too much fantasy.

Goblin.
I rolled Zyrai because I wanted to see the Goblin starter zone. I also love their character models but not their casting animations, thus why I chose to roll a warrior. I wasn't really considering to level her up, but then - it made BOOM and I was in love with her. She kind of developed herself on the flow.I like the idea of a Goblin who is incredibly bad at math and accounting, has no idea how to make a good deal, but knows how to swing a sword. She's a warrior, ready to have a rage fit at the most inconvenient situations. She loves to haggle, but seldom makes any profit. A soldier with a code of honor and a wish to protect those she loves. She is an embarrassment to her family but a joy to hang out with to her friends.

So yeah, those are my current active characters. I think I got a bit off track... /shrug, I'm tired.
Edited by Quixx on 9/21/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]