how much do you love xurf?

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/15/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Lolbaddie
Sorry, we don't accept players with alt codes in their name, it lacks taste.

I had no choice.

Blizzard did not let me use Drake with the regular D. Not sure why, as there was no player with that name on BH when I transfered here. It's most likely because of the NPC called Lieutenant Drake... oh well.

Also back then if you did armory search for Drake with the regular D, only one inactive Paladin toon showed up on the armory. Even today there are only 18 with the regular D, for such a common name I find it weird to see so few people with it.

Drake equation btw, not the rapper : )
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I know nothing of the player you mention.

This thread is now a Ðrake appreciation thread.

I don't understand the alt code hate. It's not my fault my name was hijacked by some level 1 placekeeper.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Suddénly
I don't understand the alt code hate. It's not my fault my name was hijacked by some level 1 placekeeper.

I can understand some of the hate though, some people have almost every letter accented. It's not too bad entering ONE alt-code letter but when it's all twelve that's a different story.

Funny side note, I'm French and actually use those accents all the time. When I read people's names with accented a,e,o,i etc it gives the names totally different pronunciations which are often hilarious.
Edited by Ðrake on 9/16/2012 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Just put up a ticket that you want the name and if the player with the name has been inactive blizzard will give you the name change but you have to get it before someone else does in the time that they give you.
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Rugz
Just put up a ticket that you want the name and if the player with the name has been inactive blizzard will give you the name change but you have to get it before someone else does in the time that they give you.

True, they did it for two of my names including this one.

This name was a level 1 inactive before i asked them to give it to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]