Thanks HSF!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Despite being outnumbered several to one, you guys fended off NRU enough for me to win the Fishing Tournament! This in turn led to me finishing the quick achievements to get the Salty title! Thanks a bunch everyone who helped out!
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
You should actually be thanking the Alliance for not coming out to fish, as opposed to thanking the HSF, who were getting camped almost the whole time. ;)
Reply Quote
In one of our trademark efforts, <Horde Strike Force> has continuously been in STV for the fishing tournament every Sunday afternoon every week for no other purpose than to keep Alliance from winning. Sometimes we annihilate those who try to stop us, sometimes we are overwhelmed with sheer numbers; almost without exception our clever tactics and dogged persistence disrupt the Alliance long enough for Horde to win and have done so literally for years.

As Horde did in this case. Again.

Your thanks is appreciated. See you next week.

FOR THE WARCHIEF!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@Ozrek, it was our pleasure to help you out. Congratulations on your win.
Indeed we were very out numbered. Our goal today was not to defeat the alliance, but to stop any alliance from fishing and guarantee that horde won the tourney.

On a side note, I loved how it took NRU 5 people to kill me xD

@Owning, Carionne was fishing. She had her body guard, Phabbio, with her untill they called in you guys for back up.

See you on the battle field.
Edited by Mädâm on 9/16/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
Madam, fairest of the elves!

/Blowkiss
Reply Quote
09/16/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Ozrek
Despite being outnumbered several to one, you guys fended off NRU enough for me to win the Fishing Tournament! This in turn led to me finishing the quick achievements to get the Salty title! Thanks a bunch everyone who helped out!

I /cheered at you right after you won. Personally, I am happy you won it and none of the HSF. I am glad we also helped you get your title!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
09/16/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Owning
Madam, fairest of the elves!

I dare say I am much more attractive.
Reply Quote
[quote="66062266001"]

I /cheered at you right after you won. Personally, I am happy you won it and none of the HSF. I am glad we also helped you get your title!

Just to clarify, again, we almost never actually fish,(we didn't this time either), we simply patrol the coast and kill Alliance fishermen so other Horde can win.

The reward comes in posts like this.

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish you got paid in trident layers too......

<Horde Strike Force> Amnesty continues..
Edited by Mädâm on 9/17/2012 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
Once again, Bananamonster and his "Legion" of the N R Who? have entirely misjudged our goals and claimed a meaningless victory as our objectives were achieved.

Silly Manamontana, still posting from others' accounts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
[quote]

Just to clarify, again, we almost never actually fish,(we didn't this time either), we simply patrol the coast and kill Alliance fishermen so other Horde can win.

The reward comes in posts like this.

/salute

However when we do fish, regardless of the fact that the "Legion" of the N R Poo focus down the Strike Force fishers, we still win!

Let me tell you the story of the week Loremaster "Badhunter" Krzysztof won the fishing tournament.

It was a dark, dreary day. Krzysztof adjusted his Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat to avoid losing it to the harsh winds. As he looked to the sky moments before the tournament began, while preparing his fishing lures, he pondered out loud to himself.
"Storm's a comin'"
He was unsure of his chances to win this tournament. He knew he had the might of the renowned Horde Strike Force at his back to protect him from any noobs who attempted to thwart his fishing attempts, but they may distract him long enough to cause him to lose. Krzysztof let out a drawn-out sigh and shrugged.
"You can't win if you don't try", he thought.
Once more he looked to the sky, and noticed the flock of majestic mounts his guild protectors were on. As he smiled and waved to each of them, he heard the yell.
"Let the fishing tournament begin!" screamed Riggle Bassbait.

Although the weather was harsh and the fish seemed scared off, the Loremaster had already caught himself 10 tasty fish. However, on his next cast, he noticed that it was quiet. A little... too quiet! SUDDENLY, a man with extremely dirty, long blond hair, fighting with the power of the light was attacking him. He knew the man well. Phabbio. A traitor to the Strike Force. A former Horde member who left to become Alliance scum. No, worse than Alliance scum. NRU scum. The hunter held his own against the paladin, but then there was more. Johnhammond was there on his Alliance character. Ashlynn. Many more not worth noting. The copeting Loremaster didn't have a chance. He was down before his guild mates knew of the attack.

Krzysztof was distraught. As his soul made the trek back to his lifeless corpse, he cursed.
"How can I win with so many Noobs around?" he thought.
However, when he got back to his corpse, he gazed upon a beautiful sight. The Strike Force had engaged the aforementioned Noobs. They were giving him the opening he needed. He quickly resurrected and hopped on his trusty Sun Reaver Dragonhawk and flew to a nearby fishing pool.

"32 fish, and no one has won yet. I could still win this. I still ha-"
Krzysztof's thoughts were interrupted by a fireball to the face.
"Not again! I almost had it!" he screamed.
Once again, he was surrounded by Noobs. The Strike Force was directly behind them, though. Thinking his chances of winning were gone, Krzysztof equipped his bow and sent his pet Corehound, named Herpdog (he was a little slow), after the Noobs. A brawl ensued. Quickly, the numbers game started to play in the favour of the Noobs. Things began to go south, and Krzysztof fell again. During his second trek to his body, he was told by the Strike Force that they would all resurrect at the same time, and give him a chance to get away once more.

It worked! Krzysztof made it to a new fishing pool, and just as he reeled in his 40th tasty fish and was preparing to mount, Phabbio was back. Krzysztof sighed again, but attempted to fight the paladin. Once more, he held his own, but was overwhelmed when the Noobs showed up. Luckily for Krzysztof, they really are noobs. They were short-sighted. They assumed that killing the fisher quickly was a good idea. Ha! He trekked back to his body once more, resurrected, noticed one final battle between the Noobs and the Strike Force ensuing, and took the chance to Hearthstone back to Booty Bay. He handed his catch to Riggle Bassbait, and was announced the winner. The Strike Force had accomplished it's goal. They may have been bruised and beaten, but they did what they set out to do. They could still count the times the Alliance had won the fishing tournament this year on one hand. Perhaps even one finger.

The Noobs thought they were victorious, but regardless of how long the Strike Force had been doing this, they still didn't understand that winning a battle wasn't the intention, and the true victor, foremerly Loremaster "Badhunter" Krzysztof, now Salty "Greatfisher" Krzysztof, stood tall and claimed his prize.

"Thank you, Strike Force."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
On behalf of the Oddwind Clan, I thank the Horde Strike Force in their efforts. Their heroic sacrifice enabled our leader to win the fishing tournament.
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
Quite the touching story, Kryszstof

The Mighty Strike Force crushed, and for what? Fish. I hope they were delicious like their name implies. You think us foolish to believe victory was achieved, because of what your goals were? Silly HSF. We have our own goal. That is to kill you mercilessly. And that's what we do. Every. Single. Time. So enjoy your silly fishing competition, while we enjoy slaughtering you in droves.

I have been around long enough to know what your "goals" are. Strange that a World PvP guild claims victory after being crushed in World PVP. But at least you have your fish!
Edited by Owning on 9/17/2012 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Revenge is revenge. You're distracted by fish.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I'm sorry. I was too busy celebrating with Ozrek to read your posts.
I like winning things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/17/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Owning
Strange that a World PvP guild claims victory after being crushed in World PVP.

PvP in this context obviously means "Player vs Pool", as in fishing pool. How are you not recognizing this clear PvP victory?
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
...Alright. You win. I can't argue with that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I DOMINATED THOSE POOLS. THEY DIDN'T STAND A CHANCE.
LOREMASTER "BADHUNTER" KRZYSZTOF, DEFEATER OF FISHING POOLS

LOK'TAR OGAR! FOR THE HORDE!
ALL HAIL SEARING TOTEM!
Reply Quote
Quite the touching story, Kryszstof

The Mighty Strike Force crushed, and for what? Fish. I hope they were delicious like their name implies. You think us foolish to believe victory was achieved, because of what your goals were? Silly HSF. We have our own goal. That is to kill you mercilessly. And that's what we do. Every. Single. Time. So enjoy your silly fishing competition, while we enjoy slaughtering you in droves.

I have been around long enough to know what your "goals" are. Strange that a World PvP guild claims victory after being crushed in World PVP. But at least you have your fish!

It this kind of backwards interpretation about the facts that makes Gug shake Gug head ruefully.

First off, the NRU wasn't there to kill HSF, you guys were there to protect your fisherman so she could win the Tournament. In this you failed. She died again and again. And lost. It okay to go back and rewrite your "goals", but we all know the truth.

From a RP sense (something you guys should look into more, it makes the game much more fun) we won because we achieved our objective of making sure Horde won the Tournament. To kill just to kill is, as Gug has said in other places before, a solid PvP thing. You sure you guys on the right kind of server?

In a World PvP sense, you killed us some, we killed you some. World PvP happened. A quantifiable outcome would be one where some kind of goal was met. (In this, again, RP can be useful to fulfill an actual sense of accomplishment) Unfortunately there no kind of real gauge to keep track of any kind of victory in this area, except the obvious one, a Tournament victory. Which, to beat a dead horse, Horde achieved.

We even got the Trinket in Gurubashi at 3. Well, WE didn't, but <Jungle Juice> did after a solid battle in the Arena against HSF. Only saw one Alliance there, and she wasn't NRU.

To go back and belittle our victory by claiming our accomplishments were for fish is actually to belittle your own even more, because you didn't even have that.

See you next week. For the Horde.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]