(Spoiler) A Golden writing quirk...

87 Pandaren Mage
She seems to have a thing for killing off Knaak's characters. 8(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Yeah that's sad. I liked Rhonin and Krasus :(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
She hasn't killed Kalecgos yet, and Blizzard killed Anveena.
Reply Quote
You say that like it's a bad thing!
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Mage
09/17/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Ren

It is! Well, for the most part.

As... Knaak as the stories were, Rhonin and Krasus were the best part.

Is Knaak suitable as an adjective?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I wonder, honestly, if that's executive fiat coming down from blizz. Cuz...when was the last Knaak book? not in this expansion's lifetime. I dunno, have they fired him or something? Cuz I never REALLY hated him, though I acknowledge Golden's writing is superior quality, but some people were like OMG KNAAK'S STUFF IS ALL SUPER SEXIST AND HIS CHARACTERS ARE GARY STUS FLAME FLAME FLAME and...strictly speaking those people are kinda right. Krasus, Rhonin, they were really Knaak's pets who did EVERYTHING...I mean really, what's Alexstrasza in a Knaak book besides Krasus' cheerleader? So maybe Blizz was like "everybody hates those characters, so get rid of them"

Edit: NVM, Wolfheart was Knaak, so guess they didn't fire him, but still.
Edited by Dierle on 9/17/2012 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
09/17/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Irsha

It is! Well, for the most part.

As... Knaak as the stories were, Rhonin and Krasus were the best part.

Is Knaak suitable as an adjective?

Rhonin was incredibly boring as a protagonist. He was only ever somewhat alright in Day of the Dragon. I won't miss him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I wonder, honestly, if that's executive fiat coming down from blizz. Cuz...when was the last Knaak book? not in this expansion's lifetime. I dunno, have they fired him or something?

He wrote Wolfheart
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
09/17/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Turagent
He wrote Wolfheart

True, although there was a pattern at one point... a knaak book would come out, then a golden book.

Last 2 have been goldens though... (Twilight of the aspects and Tides of war.. )

I wonder if it's just because golden gets a generally more positive review from the fanbase that she's getting more commissions or is Knaack working on something other than warcraft?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok, people. Not everything is a conspiracy theory where writers snipe at each other. They are friends and co-workers, and Blizz both ok'ed and I think ordered it. They all like each other.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I strongly dislike Rhonin, and on a horde toon I just attacked him in the Theramore scenario. He killed me, but it was worth it.

Also I had logged out next to jaina on Threeslotbag, and after doing the scenario on her...I fell to my death from where I was in the ex-mage tower. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/17/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Waraila
Last 2 have been goldens though... (Twilight of the aspects and Tides of war.. )

And the next one will be Michael A. Stackpole IIRC, who did a lot of Star Wars EU books. Think this is his first forray into Warcraft, so Knaak may be working on another novel, or Blizzard may be trying to expand their authors from just those two.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
09/17/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Turagent

And the next one will be Michael A. Stackpole IIRC, who did a lot of Star Wars EU books. Think this is his first forray into Warcraft, so Knaak may be working on another novel, or Blizzard may be trying to expand their authors from just those two.

Or getting Stackpole is a good thing and they'd nab him even if they were happy with Golden and Knaak. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Huh, so Rhonin dies in ToW? I'm actually impressed; though he didn't have much in-game impact, it's a pretty gutsy move to kill the protagonist of so many Blizzard novels.
Reply Quote
The Horde kills Rhonin.

HORDE BIAS IS REAL Y'ALL.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
09/17/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Felya
Huh, so Rhonin dies in ToW? I'm actually impressed; though he didn't have much in-game impact, it's a pretty gutsy move to kill the protagonist of so many Blizzard novels.
He teleports the mana bomb into Jaina's Tower, which is protected by magical wards, to limit its damage. Unfortunately, since he had to be inside the tower to do it, he was at ground zero for the explosion and was instantly vaporized.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
He was an ok guy, but he was a Mage so that's some good riddance.

I do feel bad for his family, though.
Reply Quote
We killed Malygos too, but he died in a mostly ignored raid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I like Malygos and Krasus.
Edited by Lorelaî on 9/17/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Why

I mean really

Rhonin was my favorite character from the Warcraft book series.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]