(Spoiler) A Golden writing quirk...

90 Dwarf Hunter
Agreed. I loved any books that included Rhonin and Krasus. They were my favorites. I remember picking up the War of the Ancients Trilogy and being pleasantly surprised to find my favorite duo there.

In terms of killing of Kalecgos, I don't think Blizzard would do it soon. That would cause more drama with the Blue Dragonflight, and I think Blizz is done with that after everything regarding them in WotLK and Cata. Also, Jaina and Kalec are "dating" according to the book (Human v. Dragon. I know Kalec/Anveena was Dragon v. Super Girl, but still.) Killing off Kalec would probably enrage her more, maybe close to the point of insanity.

Besides, Kalecgos is kinda in the "rising star" phase of characters. Blizzard usually doesn't kill off rising stars. Last I checked, George R. R. Martin doesn't write Warcraft lore.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Why

I mean really

Rhonin was my favorite character from the Warcraft book series.

Executive orders.

You see, Blizzard actually listens to fans when we complain a lot about something. And in regards to Richard Knaak, a lot of people were complaining for a long time.

RK was generally defended by "those people are a minority", "Blizzard okays his work" and "He's a best-selling author, so the books can't actually be that bad".

Except they were that bad and they weren't selling very well because of it. So the "minority" was right.

Also, Chris Metzen seemed to love the guy a whole lot, but in the end I don't think that was enough. The writing was bad. Intelligent people who read his books knew it was bad. His prose was bad, his style was extremely redundant, and his dialogue was stiffer than a tree.

So someone probably went over Metzen's head and just stopped hiring the guy to write novels. At which point....what do they do with the characters? They were his characters. So they work together to kill them off with as much respect as they can manage....by exploding them while they try and save people/babies.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
While a lot of his work post-Day of the Dragon wasn't exactly savory in the eyes of the readers, I think he may have redeemed himself with Wolfheart.

Let's assume that Blizzard is slowly killing off Knaak's characters. Is Falstad considered a Knaak character? Is something going to happen in Ironforge.. again? Perhaps some Dark Iron treachery...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
09/18/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Ganrokh
Is Falstad considered a Knaak character?

Didn't Falstad die in day of the dragon?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
She has a thing for killing Worgen.

Graphically.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Intelligent people who read his books knew it was bad.

Of course im an idiot cause I liked some of them...yeah...Having your opinion doesn't make you more intelligent than someone who have another.
Edited by Cobble on 9/20/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
Technically Jaina is also a Knaak character is she not?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
She seems to have a knack for killing off Knaak's characters. 8(

fixed.

*cough*
Edited by Fujiko on 9/18/2012 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/17/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Turagent
And the next one will be Michael A. Stackpole

Wait.. he's doing the Vol'jin book?

Seriously?

I loved his X-wing series of starwars novels... can't wait to see what he does in the current book.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
09/18/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Rudox

Perfect!

Please, please, PLEASE have her die next.

Please.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

No, she was in warcraft 3.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
09/18/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Waraila
No, she was in warcraft 3.

Perfect!

Please, please, PLEASE have her die next.

Please.
Reply Quote

In terms of killing of Kalecgos, I don't think Blizzard would do it soon. That would cause more drama with the Blue Dragonflight, and I think Blizz is done with that after everything regarding them in WotLK and Cata.

As of the end of Tides of War, the Blue Dragonflight is no more. The remaining blues dragons have all gone their separate ways.

Just a little fyi.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh oh oh!

Maybe Rhonin's story was done and Blizzard wanted to move on?

It's so simple, so elegant...
Reply Quote
28 Undead Warlock
A golden writing quirk? Working hard with quest designers to synchronize the novel and FALL OF THERAMORE scenario... Seriously, next time she shouldn't even try and and just write what ever the hell she wants, because it certainly wont end up in the game...

I like Golden.

As far as Knaak goes? I liked wolfheart.

And as far as Rhonin goes? Seeing How thrall is developing I might not blame knack for the Mary sue dress he supposedly put on the wizard. The Captain of the lore boat is still Chris Metzhen.
Edited by Darqniss on 9/18/2012 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
To commemorate Rhonins death and my aid in his brutal murder....I robbed his pixie dust corpse for his staff.

It looks gorgeous as a transmog too.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter

No, the first time she appeared in Warcraft was in Warcraft III. Also, she wasn't in Day of the Dragon, she would've been too young, she was eight in the after match of the Second War, far too young to be the nameless blonde in the Council of Six.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Any Warcraft 3 character who appeared in Day of the Dragon did so only to tie into Warcraft 3.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
09/19/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
Any Warcraft 3 character who appeared in Day of the Dragon did so only to tie into Warcraft 3.

Any character who appeared in any warcraft novel did so only to tie into warcraft.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
My point is that even if Jaina did appear in Day of the Dragon, that doesn't mean Knaak created her; that means Blizzard said "we want you to use this character because she'll be important in our new game." Same goes for any other Warcraft 3 characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]