(Spoiler) A Golden writing quirk...

90 Dwarf Warrior
09/20/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Drailen

Yep, made a mistake. Terrible!

But seriously, go write books yourself if you can instantly say when a book is bad and when it isn't.

Oh I definitely know there are issues with prose that are more difficult to tackle in reality than in egotistical imagination.

However, one does not need to be a published writer to know bad writing. To suggest any critic needs to be is a fallacious argument: a critic is a representative of the reader, not the writer.

Ok. Ill just forget that writing mistake commentary cause that's just you being stupid.

Now, I understand you don't need to be a writer to critic a book. But saying everyone who enjoy said book is stupid is what sounded stupid in your post.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I didn't say that. I said intelligent people knew better.

Which I really do stand by. When it comes to competent critiquing of a writer, children's opinions don't really count.

Because chances are, most adolescents who like Knaak's kind of work are the kind of kids who just like reading mainstream books and don't know any better.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Cobble
But seriously, go write books yourself if you can instantly say when a book is bad and when it isn't.

Not really a compelling argument.

You might as well go tell Ebert to be a movie maker.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I didn't say that. I said intelligent people knew better.

Which I really do stand by. When it comes to competent critiquing of a writer, children's opinions don't really count.

Because chances are, most adolescents who like Knaak's kind of work are the kind of kids who just like reading mainstream books and don't know any better.

I like Knaak's book and I read a lot of books. A song of ice and fire, Forbidden Realms, Dragonlance, and others. But what's the point of arguing with you anyway? The Night Elf whiner says the true. Maybe there's a reason why this forum is being mostly ignored. Who would ever want to take care of it with players like you constantly bashing everything and thinking they are superior?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You heard it here first, guys.

I'm superior.

As you'll see, there's an empty truck just a few feet from me.

You are indeed welcome to load all your petty, earthly possessions and moneys into it to satisfy your superior.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There is a wide difference between a book being enjoyable, and a book being amazingly written. The two are not intrinsically linked, and a book may be one, and not the other.

Clauswitz's On War is exceedingly well written. It's not enjoyable for most people.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
09/20/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Drailen
a critic is a representative of the reader, not the writer.

Representative of A reader, or group of readers. Not THE reader(implying all readers). Please remember that all opinions are as numerous as bungholes.

You suggest that all who disagree with your opinion of Knaak's writing are either unintelligent or adolescent, yes?
Why so serious? Maybe a good romance novel will help you relax...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If this is a lead up to a plug for 50 Shades of Grey, there will be much facepalming.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I say this because Jaina is a genuinely poorly-done character.

A character that actually got worse when they tried to develop her.

I can understand some dislike of how things are going currently.

However, please explain your feelings of her being a poor character.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard getting Stackpole is one of the best things they could do. His stand alone work is very good, not much of a Star Wars fan so haven't read his X-wing stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
09/20/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Seponi
You suggest that all who disagree with your opinion of Knaak's writing are either unintelligent or adolescent, yes?

I didn't say they were unintelligent. Other poster just assumed I thought he was dirt stupid so I had fun with it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
[quote]
No I loved them as well. People hate on Knaak because they blame the WotA retcon on him never mind that if he didn't write it someone else would have. His characters are not the perfect super beings lore trolls make them out to be they have real faults and weaknesses.

Night of the Dragon was garbage though.

I kinda like NotD..first time a draenei was the "lead"..which inspired me to make one and farmed rep with the netherwings..

Though the story was kinda cliche..but i still find it entertaining.
I guess the biggest fault of RK is that he made krasus too weak most of the time though with pretty good justification.

Whereas golden goes:"i heard u guys like krasus...so im killing him just because i can." imagining her saying it with the overly attached girlfriend look.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/19/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Aoshua
I'm extremely interested in what will happen with Vereesa and the twin boys.

That was the ONE QUESTION I wanted to ask in the Best Buy Q&A session. After what happened to Rhonin, I don't expect her to stand at the sidelines for long. IMO I'm hoping she'll show up on Pandaria, but I don't know how likely that's going to be. (I mean, I read somewhere a couple days ago that one of MoP's themes aside from war was family, so maybe we'll see her there?)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]