(Locked)

91 Undead Warrior
confusing? uhh, nope.

if it has to be explained, then...

here's to you enjoying the game with a bit of fun *clink*

Cheers.
Pleb.
90 Goblin Hunter
While i get a bit of personal enjoyment every time an alliance player comes here and complains, I also feel bad for them. Our premades are about ALOT more then just getting together and rolling through the alliance. We have a community. MANY MANY friendships have been formed....many relationships Ive heard about that have formed and prospered. Yes we have 40 people together in vent coordinating a detailed WHOOPING of the opposing team, but we have a BLAST doing it and we have formed an amazing community! I love our community and I can't wait to see what MoP has in store for us. To all of the Public Vent/premade members out there....FOR THE HORDE!
91 Undead Warrior
yo im gonna CAPITALIZE random words in my SENTENCE for NO reason to attempt to put emphasis on my pointless post ABOUT how fun queueing alterac valley with a PREMADE is because that battleground is the epitome of SKILL

still so baffled about how people enjoy alterac valley

there's a cure for your despondency.
reroll horde and join us in AV or any of the other bg's.
even if we don't win it's an uplifting experience.

Cheers.
Pleb.
91 Undead Warrior
queing with 40 like minded ppl all interested in an easy win with maximum honor is my idea of a good time. skill? who cares i got the wins and honor. if skill is what your into do areanas and rbg's

human paladin.
face. keyboard. smash.
/tremble @ skill.

clearly you've not been a part of a 10, 15, or 40man
premade where there's no gear requirement or class
stacking. there's a lot of skill involved. more importantly
is the community involved. good times, win or lose.

it's occurred to me that sentiments like this is nothing
more than a shrill cry to remove pvp from the non-rated
battleground unless you're the one winning.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Edited by Theplebian on 9/23/2012 5:14 AM PDT
91 Undead Warrior
human paladin.
face. keyboard. smash.
/tremble @ skill.

clearly you've not been a part of a 10, 15, or 40man
premade where there's no gear requirement or class
stacking. there's a lot of skill involved. more importantly
is the community involved. good times, win or lose.

it's occurred to me that sentiments like this are nothing
more than a shrill cry to remove pvp from the non-rated
battleground unless you're the one winning.

hmm maybe i worded what i ment to say a bit wrong im in favor of rath strat just so you know. also cmon dont faceroll at my human paladin choice.

lmao yeah, i think you worded that wrong haha
nah, pali's are cool. one day i'll roll one.

you're not underwear guy on an alt are you?
if so, my apologies for killing you that one time, but i did /dance
with you near sh gy trying to makeup :-)

if not the underwear guy, disregard. lol

...i reread all that. i think i'm on to what you was saying. i think ;-)
sorry for the misread.

Cheers.
Pleb.

edit: ok, went back over that. i see what you was
saying. i missed it by a mile. again, i'm sorry
about the misread.
Edited by Theplebian on 9/23/2012 5:30 AM PDT
100 Human Priest
yo im gonna CAPITALIZE random words in my SENTENCE for NO reason to attempt to put emphasis on my pointless post ABOUT how fun queueing alterac valley with a PREMADE is because that battleground is the epitome of SKILL

still so baffled about how people enjoy alterac valley

queing with 40 like minded ppl all interested in an easy win with maximum honor is my idea of a good time. skill? who cares i got the wins and honor. if skill is what your into do areanas and rbg's
At least this one's honest.
90 Undead Warlock

To be fair, most of us don't care about the honor. I'm quite serious about that, too.

At least once per day, we get a new player in the vent asking why we don't do IoC instead of AV cause it's better honor. Or we'll get someone who's asking why we don't go for the quick win, it's 'better honor per hour'.

The short and sweet of it is this: We're not doing this for honor.

Our goal is to kill alliance, have fun, and deny them even the slightest victory in AV, a BG that they're accustomed to dominating. To even let them kill Galv is a defeat, to let them burn a Tower is a failure.

For the Rath players, we're there to get our kills and maybe gear up alts(not now, of course), but for most of us, knowing that we've sent another Alliance player to the Battleground forum to rage and complain...That's our real victory.
100 Human Priest

To be fair, most of us don't care about the honor. I'm quite serious about that, too.

At least once per day, we get a new player in the vent asking why we don't do IoC instead of AV cause it's better honor. Or we'll get someone who's asking why we don't go for the quick win, it's 'better honor per hour'.

Our goal is to kill alliance, have fun, and deny them even the slightest victory in AV, a BG that they're accustomed to dominating. To even let them kill Galv is a defeat, to let them burn a Tower is a failure.

For the Rath players, we're there to get our kills and maybe gear up alts(not now, of course), but for most of us, knowing that we've sent another Alliance player to the Battleground forum to rage and complain...That's our real victory.
I was referring mainly to the 'easy win' part, not the 'maximum honor' part. I don't know how you can act so proud of yourself for doing something that obviously involves absolutely no challenge. You're griefers, plain and simple. Pub stomping is for the lazy and the weak.

That sounds eerily similar to grieving.

I think 40 man premades go against the spirit of the game. Apparently Blizzard agrees. Not only did they limit grouping to 5 players, they removed AV from RBG, even the 25 man version originally planned. Why do you think that is? My guess is that the chance of two groups on that size coming together at the same time were so improbable, they scrapped it.

The chances of your premade facing another premade are just as improbable, but I think that's what you guys bank on despite your claims of wanting to face other premades. You want no challenge. You want to grief other players and then justify it in a variety of empty claims.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I pity those people that have to wait in 30+ min premade Q's for the worst BG in the game because they can't get wins any where else.

@thepleb. You are ravaging the english language. Please stop.

Maybe you would understand if i typed it like this.

Pleb, sentences have things
like nouns and verbs. Please learn
to use them correctly.

We aren't
typing poems.

Please use proper grammer.

Iambic pentameter
doesn't matter when you are trying to communicate
90 Goblin Hunter
Lots of skill in Rath strat. If anyone spends a few minutes at looking at the strat and how it achieves it's success, they would see that it rests on the backs of those that defend. There are a few individuals that give up all the HKs and extra honor that is gained from being on the northern push and instead take residence in the south end of the field, ensuring that none of the horde assets are lost. As a person that volunteers for this role more often than not, I spend most of my fights 1 on 1. That is the skill and raw pvp that allows the strategy to succeed.
91 Undead Warrior
09/23/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Stokely
Lots of skill in Rath strat. If anyone spends a few minutes at looking at the strat and how it achieves it's success, they would see that it rests on the backs of those that defend. There are a few individuals that give up all the HKs and extra honor that is gained from being on the northern push and instead take residence in the south end of the field, ensuring that none of the horde assets are lost. As a person that volunteers for this role more often than not, I spend most of my fights 1 on 1. That is the skill and raw pvp that allows the strategy to succeed.

quit right Stokely. there is a lot of skill involved in the rath
strat. as you mention, a very important aspect of the strat
is the southern defense during the push north. as thankless
as it seems it's a core principle in the strategy and any alliance
there are going to be in for a rude awakening if they think
we're a pushover in small groups or even one v one.

i won't ramble on about the nuances of the many skill
sets involved, though i could. :-)

here's something else for those naysayers; those who start running
with the rath strat group, and/or with the groups in the vent
channel below the warrrooms, become more skilled over time
in battleground play while running with us, or with other premade groups.
One way this can be evidenced is when the premade is split two or
three ways and we're in different battles, and, we still succeed.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Edited by Theplebian on 9/23/2012 9:42 AM PDT
91 Undead Warrior

I was referring mainly to the 'easy win' part, not the 'maximum honor' part. I don't know how you can act so proud of yourself for doing something that obviously involves absolutely no challenge. You're griefers, plain and simple. Pub stomping is for the lazy and the weak.

you are persistent aren't you.
i'm reminded of a fun AV not so very long ago.
a very memorable and energetic alliance player
simply would not give up no matter how pointless
his assertions were. Massivepeen, you are well remembered
and a part of the rath strat stories told around our campfires.

Cheers.
Pleb.
91 Undead Warrior

That sounds eerily similar to grieving.

I think 40 man premades go against the spirit of the game. Apparently Blizzard agrees. Not only did they limit grouping to 5 players, they removed AV from RBG, even the 25 man version originally planned. Why do you think that is? My guess is that the chance of two groups on that size coming together at the same time were so improbable, they scrapped it.

The chances of your premade facing another premade are just as improbable, but I think that's what you guys bank on despite your claims of wanting to face other premades. You want no challenge. You want to grief other players and then justify it in a variety of empty claims.

you will find no solace here.
you can, however, take refuge by
standing next to Vann.

Cheers.
Pleb.
100 Human Priest

you are persistent aren't you.
i'm reminded of a fun AV not so very long ago.
a very memorable and energetic alliance player
simply would not give up no matter how pointless
his assertions were. Massivepeen, you are well remembered
and a part of the rath strat stories told around our campfires.

Cheers.
Pleb.
"Persistant?" What, because I don't read one of your ill-reasoned posts and say "oh, he says he's not a cheater, I guess it must be true"?

09/23/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Stokely
Incorrect. You don't win because a few people defend. People defend in pug games as well. You win because you're all on vent together and your opponents just met two minutes before the gate opened. That is all there is to your 'strategy'. What you do and when you do it matters far less than the disparity between the coordination that's possible in a premade versus what's possible in a pug. Why else would there be such a great difference between your record facing pugs, and what happens on the rare occasions when you fight another premade?

You are pub stompers. Don't lie to yourself.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]