Fury/Arms Warrior Maximising DPS

100 Blood Elf Warrior
Hey guys,

I don't post much, really only on the weekly downtime on a Tuesday, but anyway here goes.

I'm specced in fury (Just for Titan's Grip). But I put my dual spec into arms and use that mostly now because I noticed that Fury was crap in PvP, but the problem is I'm still not doing well DPS wise in PvP or instances. I'm only averaging around 8k dps and hitting around 10-15k with Execute and I keep getting called out on it for being bad, I know the problem is me, I'm just not sure what I can do to boost it to what some other warriors can achieve (20k+ wise). I'm not geared to the teeth yet as I've only been an 85 for around 12 hours, but I'm not sure at all how to improve my DPS.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Head on over to the Warrior forums and check out some guides!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412422422
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
There is an excellent sticky in the warrior forum, aside from that...

Enchants and Gems go a LONG WAY. Whether you are playing Fury or Arms, please, please, LOSE the agility items.

You have too much hit, and too little expertise

If you are playing fury, follow this stat priority.

Hit 7.5% > Exp 7.5% > Crit > Strength > Mastery > Hit > Haste

Click on Ochron's link and do some reading, but if you want to maximize, you should look into using as many accurate sources as possible. You will only get out what you put in.

With the expansion coming in less than 7 days, it's not a tremendous deal, but nothing drastic is going to change so you might as well learn now, minus the addition of new gear, your 87 ability and level 90 talent, all of which are covered in that link.

Other than that, I can't even see your PvE gear, but don't use agility items. For the sake of meeting iLvl requirements for instances or Looking for raid, I'm positive you can keep it in your bags, you don't need to have it equipped.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Thanks heaps guys!

Yeah, I play mostly PvP, I'm looking at replacing all of my gear with PvP stuff soon, when MoP hits, this toon is going full PvP besides the occasional guild instance run. The trinket was just for ilvl stuff, and the ring, I accidentally sold mine and it was the first one that was even usable for me.

I was also wondering if it's possible to use PvP gear for instances/raids etc (Total noob here. This is my first 85 toon ever)? Or will I have to get an entirely new set of gear for instances and just swap between the two?

I'm checking out the sticky as I type this and I've copied down some of the stuff you mentioned so I don't forget it.

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Here's some suggestions:

Lose your pendant- it's a tanking pendant (has parry stats)
Lose the "Vicious" pieces of gear- they don't offer gem placements
Lose the cloak- it has haste
Lose the "Arror of Time" trinket- has agility

Badbrute lists the stats priority which I followed.

Obtain pieces of gear that offer gem slots, get enchants, and re-forge. After your gear is sorted out, you can look into getting your rotation sorted out. For that, I suggest: www.noxxic.com and "Icy Veins" website. They offer some good information.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Thanks heaps guys!

Yeah, I play mostly PvP, I'm looking at replacing all of my gear with PvP stuff soon, when MoP hits, this toon is going full PvP besides the occasional guild instance run. The trinket was just for ilvl stuff, and the ring, I accidentally sold mine and it was the first one that was even usable for me.

I was alsand just swap between the two?o wondering if it's possible to use PvP gear for instances/raids etc (Total noob here. This is my first 85 toon ever)? Or will I have to get an entirely new set of gear for instances

I'm checking out the sticky as I type this and I've copied down some of the stuff you mentioned so I don't forget it.

Thanks again!

It is possible but you won't do as well. Can't speak for what other people will say, but I can't stand it. PVP gear stats are for player dmg and mitigation while PVE gear is for mob damage. I've actually have 3 sets of gear and i've been that way since BC. 1 PVE, 1 PVE OS, and 1 PVP.

It's ok though. When i started in BC I didn't know what auto-attack was until I reached the arathi highlands. Coming from Lineage 2, I just kept using my attack button over and over.
Edited by Andurial on 9/21/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
now that pvp now have duel pve stats but a lowered Ilvl they function much like pve gear at that same Ilvl...for instance the 390 pvp gear is better then the 384 lfr gear not including set bonus but just raw stats.

example pvp helm
http://www.wowhead.com/item=73480
395 str 304 expert and 244 mastery combined secondary stats=548

vs LFR
http://www.wowhead.com/item=78783
371 str 252 crit 262 mastery combined secondary stats= 514

Pvp can be used for pve now...this does not count weapons..i would take a 378 pve weapon over pvp because the pvp weapons and shield do not have duel stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]