Penance nerf?

90 Goblin Priest
Atonement has nothing to do with the fact that penance's damage has been nerfed to almost 30% of what it previously was. Atonement was not nerfed. What was nerfed was the DAMAGE that penance does. If you're refering to atonement at all, it's simply because Penance doing 1k, instead of 3k damage, means it's now healing for 1k, instead of 3k when used as a DPS factor and not applied as a healing instead. This is about Penance's DAMAGE nerf. Atonement wasn't touched.

Edited to show Damage for the current leveling people, not the 85s. (Haven't got an 85 priest to check it on.)

Any nerf to Penance's dps is a nerf to Atonement as well since atonement's healing is based on the amount of damage you do.
Edited by Nevo on 9/19/2012 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Because Discipline is designed to do most of its healing thru DPS. Spec skills like Evangelism and Atonement only kick in when you are using DPS spells.

Please explain to me how penance fits into this?

Evangelism
Level 44 Discipline, Holy priest ability
Passive
When you deal direct damage with Penance, Smite, or Holy Fire you gain Evangelism. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 20 sec.

Evangelism
Increases the damage done by your Penance, Smite and Holy Fire spells by 4% and reduces the mana cost of those spells by 6%.
Edited by Nevo on 9/19/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
healing class complaining about damage.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
silly priests... your healers... healers arent suppose to be able to top damage meters... your spec isnt broken.

if you want to dps, go shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
lol i was trying to power level to 85 before they nerfed penance. now i guess ill need to go shadow for quest/soloing from 82-85.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Because they can? Obviously we want to hear what a rogue thinks about Priest problems.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
LOL to all the QQers, holy crap !@#$. Everyone knew that penance was going to get a massive nerf, i powerleveled my priest, and i enjoyed it while it lasted. There is NO WAY IN HELL that a healing class should be getting 25+ killing blows, top damage as well as top healing all IN THE SAME BG. seriously. and me doing 45% of the damage in dungeons? as healer? yea. penance needed nerfed like no other. its like the person who always uses cheats in a game then cries when he cant find his gameshark and has to play by the rules... Penance is where it SHOULD be now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
The base number was drastically lowered but the spellpower coefficient was increased, so what this means is that while we gear up into MoP Penance will do increasing amounts of damage. It's looking to be fairly good again when doing dailies in Pandaria.

Patience. This is a change for the longer-term good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm still top DPS, killing blows, and healing on my level 13 disc priest even after nerf.

umad blizz?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hey guys, just thought Id throw this out there...if you check you hit rating for spells we are always hit capped even at lower lvls because of a talent that gives us 15% hit which is now what spell hit cap is. So that combined with penance being a little strong was what I think the whole whining was about. Imo yeah maybe it needed a little twinking but not a "WWE Smackdown" lol.
But as I recall from reading forum posts and what not, there were alot of people calling for a nerf and believe it or not some disc priests were jumping on the bandwagon with them. All I can say is "I hope you're happy now". My guess is maybe not. Be careful what you wish for comes to mind right now lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
You guys should be glad that you had 3 weeks of I-Win Button, holy pallies had the holy shock for one week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/19/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Cossie
You guys should be glad that you had 3 weeks of I-Win Button, holy pallies had the holy shock for one week.

bitter pally, settle down ;(
Reply Quote
67 Human Warrior
this thread..free lolz. :D
Reply Quote
52 Blood Elf Paladin
and you were cheering for Blizzard with the Holy Shock nerf
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]