Garrosh is evil

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Why must we kiss his ugly brown rear end? Because if we don't he will set his thugs upon us. We were allied before by common purpose and mutual respect. Now we are allied by a common fear. It is an old, old story.
Edited by Shahira on 9/20/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Breaking news: orcs are bad.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
09/20/2012 01:28 AMPosted by Frostytroll

Not all orcs are bad. Bad choices, certainly, but not all bad characters. It's like assuming all Tauren are bad because of Magatha or all Nelfs are bad because of Fandral Staghelm. Every race has black sheep, but not every member should be tarred for every bad choice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/20/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Shahira
Why must we kiss his ugly brown rear end

Taste better then pink rear end, or purple, or god forbid the hairy dwarf one.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/20/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Orgatsa
They came from Blackrock Mountain and pledged themselves to Garrosh's Horde, presumably following the death of their leader (Rend), their patrons (Nefarian and co.), and most of their members (innumerable Blackrock orc casualties in the Burning Steppes and Blackrock Spire).

See, that kills me a bit. I know where the Blackrocks come from, having run the dungeons enough times, but would have been nice to see this allegiance and explanation spelled out in game.
I have a feeling we probably will when Malkorok shows up in-game.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
[quote="66310375814"]
Not all orcs are bad. Bad choices, certainly, but not all bad characters.

At some point the benefit of the doubt just becomes doubt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
In other news, water is wet.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I have recently discovered that the ground is hard.

SCIENCE.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/20/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Orgatsa
They came from Blackrock Mountain and pledged themselves to Garrosh's Horde, presumably following the death of their leader (Rend), their patrons (Nefarian and co.), and most of their members (innumerable Blackrock orc casualties in the Burning Steppes and Blackrock Spire).

See, that kills me a bit. I know where the Blackrocks come from, having run the dungeons enough times, but would have been nice to see this allegiance and explanation spelled out in game.

Sorry, but even as a lore geek, this irritates me.

It was, actually.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Death Knight

You've misrepresented my argument, and given how explicitly I've made this point, I believe intentionally.

The Horde is not responsible for the actions of the second war and events before the Old Horde was a different entity, just as Darnassus is not responsible for the troll wars because the Night Elven government at the time is a different entity.

I just think we're having a problem communicating because your second paragraph was, essentially, what I was saying you said. I just used the positive arguments instead of the negative which you also used in your original response. "If the night elves and humans can still be blamed for their wars on the Trolls, the Horde can still be considered evil for the atrocities of the past Horde." I figured most would work out on their own that your original response was purposefully obtuse in order to make a point.

Anyways, Garrosh. After seeing a response from a Blue about how Garrosh wasn't a monster, it got me thinking. Is genocide really what Garrosh is after? For most of Tides of War, he simply believes in the conquest of Kalimdor for the Horde. He gives the citizens of Theramore, namely the civilians, plenty of time to escape. While this was also done for the reason of luring high-profile members of the Alliance to Theramore, he didn't outright come and slaughter civilians. In fact, he has yet to do so at all.

Garrosh's attitude changes at the end of the book from conquering Kalimdor to wiping Stormwind and the Alliance off the planet because Varian just really grinds his gears. That's where the idea of genocide forms, but he hasn't committed to that idea just yet.
Edited by Abal on 9/20/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

Sorry, but even as a lore geek, this irritates me.

It was, actually.

And...?

What quest chains? Where? Sorry, but do not make statements, true or untrue, without supporting evidence please.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/18/2012 11:45 PMPosted by Nathreim
-killed hundreds of innocent lives with the mana bomb

All civilians were evacuated only combatants remained.

But yeah he sucks though I doubt Blizz will kill him they kill characters we love but leave the ones we hate alive forever.

No, no they weren't. Jaina makes it pretty clear to Thrall that almost everyone who lived in Theramore was killed by that thing.

Garrosh isn't evil.

He just doesn't want anything to pose a threat to the Horde.

It's territory. And The Horde hasn't learned to not take what they want yet

Bullcrap. The Horde has land and it could've been worked out peacefully, as both Anduin and Thrall hoped.

And Garrosh has been nuts ever since Northrend, he's a very weak willed person who's disgracing everything his father died for. I'll be glad to tear him apart at the end of this. Varian on the other hand is actually becoming more tolerant, probably due to Anduin.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
09/20/2012 05:10 AMPosted by Orgatsa

Not all orcs are bad. Bad choices, certainly, but not all bad characters. It's like assuming all Tauren are bad because of Magatha or all Nelfs are bad because of Fandral Staghelm. Every race has black sheep, but not every member should be tarred for every bad choice.
You sound like Jaina reprimanding Varian about the Defias. Lol look where that attitude got her...

He gives the citizens of Theramore, namely the civilians, plenty of time to escape. While this was also done for the reason of luring high-profile members of the Alliance to Theramore, he didn't outright come and slaughter civilians. In fact, he has yet to do so at all.
He was waiting for more alliance brass to show up, not to save civilians. Had Theramore not evacuated he would've dropped the bomb either way.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
[quote="65710287012"]

And Garrosh has been nuts ever since Northrend, he's a very weak willed person who's disgracing everything his father died for.

Yes, thank you, as I said, Garrosh's characterization now is entirely consistent with his characterization in "Wrath." The only difference between Garrosh then and Garrosh now is the corrupting effect of power (that's corrupting in the standard sense rather than the demon-related one).

Although honestly I think he takes after dear old dad quite a bit. Grom could never keep his axe out of a fight that he was better off staying out of either.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I don't remember the details too well but wasn't Garrosh also somehow involved in murdering Cairne (the old Tauran cheiftain) of all people.Honestly, I have no idea how Thrall even looks at Garrosh nowadays.

Not saying it's necessarily is good or bad, but horde is pretty much the evil faction now barring Tauren who put up with it.

- Forsaken are always up to some dirty, secret agenda of theirs
- Orcs are now going warcrazy under Garrosh
- Goblins are bent on destroying the planet through severe exploitation and negligence
- Trolls are totally shady at best
- Blood elves... honestly I have no idea why are Belfs still with the horde. Other than the fact that horde needed a "pretty race" as Blizzard themselves said, Belfs really don't fit in there aside from their crazed, magic-addicted members.

I don't think it's a difference of faction priorities and opinion, or disputes over territory, horde is just at their worst/evilest right now in many things they do. The Thrall Era was loads better.

But I guess this is intentional by Blizzard to escalate the tension as they want to. And I guess this is also why Garrosh is going down now and Thrall is rumored to return if I remember right.
Edited by Naxa on 12/17/2012 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's my guess Garrosh is consumed by the sha pride hence why he hates everyone but orcs or his followers so it will be a nifty fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Oh I don't know, maybe its because I have been following a faction leader who is just as genocidal? I'm pretty sure that Garrosh and Sylvanas are simply having a contest, much like Hitler and Stalin had. Stalin obviously won the genocide contest, but both did pretty horrible things. Nobody mentions Stalin though, its always Hitler.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
- Blood elves... honestly I have no idea why are Belfs still with the horde. Other than the fact that horde needed a "pretty race" as Blizzard themselves said, Belfs really don't fit in there aside from their crazed, magic-addicted members.

Story wise, I agree with you. Most blood elves still see the Horde as a means to an end, not "friends." Game mechanics demand they stay Horde for faction balance.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Mage
Let's continue to talk about a post made 8 months ago
Reply Quote
15 Human Priest
Here's my guess Garrosh is consumed by the sha pride hence why he hates everyone but orcs or his followers so it will be a nifty fight.

Nice necro... btw Blizzard has confirmed Garrosh is not corrupted/consumed/under the influence of any outside source.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]