Lor'themar Theron and Tyrande Whisperwind

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2932-Best-Buy-Developer-Q-A

In a recent interview it was announced that both Lor'themar Theron, leader of the Blood Elves, and Tyrande Whisperwind will play a part in Patch 5.1.

So what parts do you all think they will play?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Tyrande will be the first trial of the High King.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
Tyrande, likely the Trial of the High King.

Theron, likely joining the rebellion.

My guess anywho
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tyrande and Sky Admiral Rogers teams up. Rogers' fury towards the Horde rekindle's Tyrande's lost passion for fighting. We will see it in her eyes. We will hear it in her words. We will feel the anger seething from her, filling us not with compassion but with the most intense of rage. The calm rage that only a priestess of elune can bottle up and unleash in a torrent of arrows, spilling the black bile that the orcs call their blood into the soil.

Lor'themar will have Horde players fetch him some whiskey from the local Pandaren.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
Well crap, I was hoping the whole High King thing involved only the human kingdoms. It just doesn't feel right that Night Elves pledge complete fealty to another race.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/19/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Rudox
Well crap, I was hoping the whole High King thing involved only the human kingdoms.
We've been told from the get-go it's about the other Alliance races.

It just doesn't feel right that Night Elves pledge complete fealty to another race.
The above notwithstanding, we don't actually know anything about what it entails. It's too early to claim that she's "pledging fealty" or anything.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Lor'themar is going to have the Blood Elves invade Darnassus. They're going to kill Malfurion, and Lor'themar is gonna get a hot Night Elf wife out of the deal.

Alliance and Horde relations will be improved after Garrosh's dethroning. The Blood Elves will finally have a King and Queen like y'all have been whining about.

PS none of that was true.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
09/19/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Rudox
Well crap, I was hoping the whole High King thing involved only the human kingdoms. It just doesn't feel right that Night Elves pledge complete fealty to another race.

We have yet to see exactly what being High King even means. It could be just a term for a Supreme Commander who is also a King. Even if it goes beyond that, it's very unlikely Varian will have any real authority over the internal affairs of the Night Elves.

At the end of the day it'll probably change very little in the story for practical reasons. He's been treated as the de facto leader of the Alliance ever since WotLK, being High King would just formalize his authority somewhat.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
We've been told from the get-go it's about the other Alliance races.

Well, we have been told Varian would do something special for the other races that they couldn't do.

Which will translate into something being stupidly obvious, with everyone else being to incompetent to do it, or be done in a way that no one but Varian could have ever done it thanks to some randomly defining thing.

The above notwithstanding, we don't actually know anything about what it entails. It's too early to claim that she's "pledging fealty" or anything.

Just as Knight has certain connotations, Just as mage, and warrior and warlock and druid and paladin, so does High King.

But hey, we'll see what they do with it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I actually imagined Tyrande doing stuff in Pandaria because the Night Elves are pulling the most weight there right now. Maybe not totally related to the High King stuff, though it'd be cool to see Varian and Tyrande both be awesome and work together to do something.

Still kinda hoping the trials are similar to the trials of Hercules, would love to see some Greek mythology being played out.
Edited by Talendras on 9/19/2012 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
09/19/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Talendras
Still kinda hoping the trials are similar to the trials of Hercules, would love to see some Greek mythology being played out.

Well, when Blizzard first revelled the Trials of the High King, they compared them to the Trials of Hercules.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
09/19/2012 02:38 AMPosted by Gruffe
Well, when Blizzard first revelled the Trials of the High King, they compared them to the Trials of Hercules.

Yeah, that's initially what I thought as well.

I wouldn't mind one trial being that he has to kill some giant lion and wear its skin. Might seem generic, but there needs to be more Alliance symbolism rooted in the faction, like why we have a lion as our symbol and such.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
You know, that's one of the things that bugs me the most.

The Lion of Stormwind.. And the king is blessed by a wolf ancient. :(

Goldrinn should have been a Wolf Ancient and Lo'gosh shoulda been a lion.

More lion symbols and stuff would indeed be awesome.
Edited by Ferlion on 9/19/2012 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Mage
Tyrande succumbs to human heresy, thereby helping King Varian in the trial.

As a redemption, she would later help unite all the races of Pandaria and protect the World Bamboo against the Burning Region.

Lor'themar? Who?
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
You know, that's one of the things that bugs me the most.

The Lion of Stormwind.. And the king is blessed by a wolf ancient. :(

Goldrinn should have been a Wolf Ancient and Lo'gosh shoulda been a lion.

More lion symbols and stuff would indeed be awesome.

I think Lo'Gosh fits a wolf, and Goldrinn fits a lion more tbh. (Since lions are, well, gold.)

I don't mind Varian representing both, in a way, though. The wolf spirit represents his warrior side, and the lion represents his royalty.

But all in all, I would have loved the Worgen be more involved with their patron deity instead. They should worship Goldrinn as much as they worship the Light and Druidism.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
09/19/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Sternbridge
Lor'themar will have Horde players fetch him some whiskey from the local Pandaren.

this would still be more lore than he's had in-game since the Quel'delar chain, so i'm all for it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Lor'themar will be looking for Thalen Songweaver.
Reply Quote
56 Human Death Knight
Obviously, Tyrande will be forced by Garrosh to kill Vereesa, thus prompting an enraged Lor'themar to kill Tyrande in revenge.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
09/19/2012 12:56 AMPosted by Ferlion
Tyrande will be the first trial of the High King.

I don't even care if this is a necro.

I laughed far harder than I should have.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Well, we have been told Varian would do something special for the other races that they couldn't do.

Which will translate into something being stupidly obvious, with everyone else being to incompetent to do it, or be done in a way that no one but Varian could have ever done it thanks to some randomly defining thing.

Well Elune apparently already chose Varian, so he has the Elves in his pocket now.

I didn't vote for no King, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]