High King information

100 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Reignac
(this is the part where I'd suggest a sarcastic name if I had a good sense of humor)

The Horde?

Nope, just doesn't sound right.

And to be honest we've been moving toward this since the Second War. Almost every nation that left(ok just Gilneas) rejoined because they couldn't face the threats facing Azeroth alone. It's a good deal and one that likely won't go away until we, at least, break-up the Horde. But we'll be right back in the same spot if/when the Legion/Old Gods pop up again.

Oh knows, might just be a military title. Maybe?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Gabath
(this is the part where I'd suggest a sarcastic name if I had a good sense of humor)

The Horde?

Nope, just doesn't sound right.

And to be honest we've been moving toward this since the Second War. Almost every nation that left(ok just Gilneas) rejoined because they couldn't face the threats facing Azeroth alone. It's a good deal and one that likely won't go away until we, at least, break-up the Horde. But we'll be right back in the same spot if/when the Legion/Old Gods pop up again.

Oh knows, might just be a military title. Maybe?

The Alliance has been standing against the Horde as a group. It's been standing against the Legion as a group.

It's inception was that of a group. They just gutted one of the core features of the Alliance. When I joined WoW I wasn't into Lore, so I chose based off of thematic influence. The group of kingdoms bound together through loyalty rather than chain of command was a rather major factor for me.

This is disappointing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So why is it called The Alliance anymore? If you have a single, central leader it isn't an alliance. What you've done, Blizzard, is made The Alliance into "The Empire". Stop trying to give us this stupid justification for putting Humans on top again.

You know what? We don't want to play the damn Horde but only with a blue insignia. People like that there was a freedom within the Alliance. But no. You had to make Varian force Ironforge into a new government. You had to make him a new 'Jesus', like you did Thrall.

I'm sick of this. The Draenei, the Night Elves and even the Dwarves wouldn't bow to a human ruler. What you've done is something lazy. Varian should not lead the Alliance as a king. He should be the Supreme Commander of Alliance Forces, like Lothar.

Hell, giving him Lothar's title would've been a bigger deal, a bigger honor than your fabricated 'High King' crap. This is another kick in the teeth to any non-human Alliance player. We're just serfs now.

No longer are the Night Elves following Tyrande, a Goddess' messenger on Azeroth. No, they're following some shmuck who's lived for less than 1% of Tyrande's lifespan. They're bowing to some man who has almost zero combat experience when compared to Tyrande or Shandris.

Stop trying to pee on our heads and tell us its raining. The Alliance is dead. All non-human races are secondary. All non-human leaders are secondary. This is the Human Empire.

Change it back.
Edited by Melyria on 9/21/2012 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I do have to agree.

If this is how it's going to be, keeping the name as the Alliance is an insult to the idea of an actual Alliance. Name it what it is. An empire.

This is a sad day.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
I agree as well.

I was alright with this whole High King quest chain back when I could tell myself it was about Varian rounding up the remnants of the other human kingdoms. I could even get excited about it. Bringing Stromgarde, Kul'tiras, Dalaran, and Alterac back to the Alliance to stand side by side with Stormwind and Gilneas.

Now there seems to be no doubt. The Alliance is dead, long live the Empire.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/21/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Rudox
long live the Empire.

Don't say this. Nobody wants the damn empire.

The empire can rot for all I care.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Well, it's one way to kill off faction wank on the forums. Change up one of the factions so that the fans just don't care about a faction.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
long live the Empire.

Don't say this. Nobody wants the damn empire.

The empire can rot for all I care.

Sarcasm^ Should I have put a sad face? :(

If I wanted an Empire I would play Horde.

I meant that if the High King quest chain was just about bringing back the other human kingdoms then that would be cool. Going around butting in on the business of other races because they just 'can't' find a way to fix their own problems, even with their 10,000 to 25,000 years of history and knowledge, is stupid.

The ironic thing is that this is meant to bring lore to the Alliance yet it does so at the expense of the Alliance. Just because Varian is in charge of it doesn't mean piling lore up around him is Alliance lore. Stop ignoring the other races!
Edited by Rudox on 9/21/2012 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Rudox
Now there seems to be no doubt. The Alliance is dead, long live the Empire.

Will we all get fancy white uniforms...like the Stormwind City Patorlers! Oh My Gosh, it's BEGUN!

Granted the leaders of the Empire, I mean Alliance still have a vote it seems. When Gilneas wanted to rejoin it took a vote from all the leaders. I still think and hope it'll just be a military title(I can see not handing out Lotar's title out of respect).

Who knows, maybe next expansion we'll be ovethrowing Varian?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a better idea. Kick the Night Elves out of the Alliance (since Night Elf fans seem to be the ones with the biggest issue with this) and bring the High Elves in to replace them.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Will we all get fancy white uniforms...like the Stormwind City Patorlers! Oh My Gosh, it's BEGUN!

Granted the leaders of the Empire, I mean Alliance still have a vote it seems. When Gilneas wanted to rejoin it took a vote from all the leaders. I still think and hope it'll just be a military title(I can see not handing out Lotar's title out of respect).

Unless of course Varian wasn't considered King of the alliance then.

Kick the Night Elves out of the Alliance (since Night Elf fans seem to be the ones with the biggest issue with this

And human fans seem to be the ones with the least. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that a human just became the leader of every other nation. I do wonder how things would be if it were say, Tyrande, who was the High Queen.

I know my point has repeatedly been stated as being "The Alliance shouldn't have a central leader".

Somehow, I think your opinion would be "The central leader should always be a human."
Edited by Ferlion on 9/21/2012 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Vyrin
I have a better idea. Kick the Night Elves out of the Alliance (since Night Elf fans seem to be the ones with the biggest issue with this) and bring the High Elves in to replace them.

<.< >.> Or Dark Trolls...

Seriously though, Night Elves have the biggest military presence the Alliance has in Kalimdor. We lost them, it'll just be a matter of time until Garrosh takes the continent.

What we need is Velen. He'll tell us what to do...after the fact.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Seriously though, Night Elves have the biggest military presence the Alliance has in Kalimdor. We lost them, it'll just be a matter of time until Garrosh takes the continent.

Oh no. Whatever will the Alliance do without Kalimdor. Kalimdor is critical to the existence of the Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Ferlion
Unless of course Varian wasn't considered King of the alliance then.

Maybe. It doesn't help that the reason for our going to Pandaria is to get his son back.

09/21/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Ferlion
I know my point has repeatedly been stated as being "The Alliance shouldn't have a central leader".

The sad thing is Blizzard can't show the leaders disagreeing in game easily. It also doesn't help that nearly every NPC in game is ask for help instead of denying it or something.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/21/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Vyrin
Oh no. Whatever will the Alliance do without Kalimdor. Kalimdor is critical to the existence of the Alliance.

We'll set up a lumber mill in the Badlands! What could go wrong? I'll need 10,000 gold to set that up and about 10 years to get the trees a-growing.

Plus it's a good way to get military supplies into the continent when we fight DA HORDE!
Edited by Gabath on 9/21/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Actually, I find these appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVXPXetgMo&feature=youtu.be&t=37s

http://youtubedoubler.com/57QT (I suggest muting the stormwind video)
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Vyrin

Uhh. Vyrin, buddy. Don't do this here. Someones going to point out that with the Horde in control of Kalimdor, they would have the resources to expand and take out the Eastern Kingdoms Alliance, and then your going to bring in the Alliance having more resources because the Forsaken would be gone, and then it's going to devolve into a Lordearon thread, and no one wants that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Really this shouldn't devolve into a 'Hurr, lets bag on the Night Elves' or any other race thread. This is almost entirely about the Alliance structure.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
09/21/2012 01:22 AMPosted by Melyria
Really this shouldn't devolve into a 'Hurr, lets bag on the Night Elves' or any other race thread. This is almost entirely about the Alliance structure.

Exactly.

This hurts the Alliance as an entity. It's dramatically alters it's thematics. I mean, hell.. When the name becomes ironic, you may know it's a sign to examine why.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Let's re-situate the Alliance capital. We can call it...

Stormdarnwindforgilneassus
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]