Reply Quote
20 Worgen Warrior
Thats kinda hard to beileve
i need more people to post so i can make sure

But thanks anyways!!
Have fun playing!! :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You should be able to Dual wield from level 1, pretty sure at least.

EDIT: Harlan might have been getting a little technical in that main hand weapons can only be wielded in the right hand. You should be able to put a main hand weapon in your right hand and a one-hand or off-hand weapon in your left hand.
Edited by Dasffion on 9/21/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

What's hard to believe about it?

Titan's Grip does not say anywhere in its description that it allows you to dual wield Main Hand weapons. You cannot equip Main Hand weapons in your off hand no matter your talents.

Also worth noting that Titan's Grip does not allow you to cast Frostbolt or fly without a mount, in case you were wondering.
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Dasffion
You should be able to Dual wield from level 1, pretty sure at least.

The question is whether one can dual wield weapons marked as "Main Hand." One cannot, no matter the class or talents.

FWIW, I don't believe Warriors can dual wield before 10 when they can select Fury, but I haven't tested since 5.0.4, so I am not sure. Lowbie warriors, not my strong suit.
Reply Quote
20 Worgen Warrior

What's hard to believe about it?

Titan's Grip does not say anywhere in its description that it allows you to dual wield Main Hand weapons. You cannot equip Main Hand weapons in your off hand no matter your talents.

Also worth noting that Titan's Grip does not allow you to cast Frostbolt or fly without a mount, in case you were wondering.

Well Titans Grip allows you to duel wield a pair of 2h weapons is why
Reply Quote
09/21/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Dasffion
EDIT: Harlan might have been getting a little technical in that main hand weapons can only be wielded in the right hand. You should be able to put a main hand weapon in your right hand and a one-hand or off-hand weapon in your left hand.

You are correct of course, one can indeed dual wield in the manner you suggest.

I was simply answering the question asked. If OP had asked if you could dual wield with a main hand and an off hand or one hand weapon, I would have answered "Yes."
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/21/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Harlan

You are correct of course, one can indeed dual wield in the manner you suggest.

I was simply answering the question asked. If OP had asked if you could dual wield with a main hand and an off hand or one hand weapon, I would have answered "Yes."

Being that this is the new player forum and new players might not grasp concepts like this we should be reading the intent behind the question and answering fully. i.e. Yes Warriors can Dual Wield one handed weapons but weapons labeled "Main Hand" can only be used in the right hand.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Titan's Grip allows a 2-hand weapon to be equipped in the off-hand. Doesn't affect main hand at all.

To my knowledge, there are no weapons that are classified as "Main hand" and "2-hand"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
09/21/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Harlan
FWIW, I don't believe Warriors can dual wield before 10 when they can select Fury, but I haven't tested since 5.0.4, so I am not sure. Lowbie warriors, not my strong suit.

That's right. Dual Wield ability comes with the Crazed Berserker passive, which you get at 10 for picking Fury. Arms, Prot, and specless warriors can only single-wield.

09/21/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Rubberchops
Well Titans Grip allows you to duel wield a pair of 2h weapons is why

TG enables you to put a 2H in your main hand, and it enables you to put a 2H in your off hand. That's it. It changes nothing else about your capabilities.

Look at it this way. Everybody has thumbs. Some weapons don't fit correctly in your right hand, some don't fit correctly in your left hand, because of where your thumb needs to go. Pumping iron until you can swing a two-handed sword with one arm won't suddenly bend your fingers in the other direction on one hand.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
OP there are weapons that are designated as "Main Hand", "Off-hand", "One-hand", and "Two-Hand"

Main hand weapons can only be equipped in your main hand regardless of Dual Wield abilties
Off-hand weapons can only be equipped in your off-hand regardless of dual wield abilities
One-hand weapons can be equipped in either hand
Two-Hand weapons can NORMALLY, for most classes/specs. only be equipped in your main hand. Fury warriors are a special case because when they get Titans Grip they can put Two-handed weapons in either hand.

However, If you find a two-handed weapon has a specific "main hand" requirement written on the item, that is still in place regardless of titan's grip and you can only equip it in your main hand. You'd have to find another 2-hand weapon, one that doesn't have a "main hand" requirement to put in your off hand.
Edited by Avanna on 9/21/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
However, If you find a two-handed weapon has a specific "main hand" requirement written on the item, that is still in place regardless of titan's grip and you can only equip it in your main hand. You'd have to find another 2-hand weapon, one that doesn't have a "main hand" requirement to put in your off hand.

I am positive that these do not exist in WoW. There is no such weapon that is considered a 2 hand weapon that also has a main hand/off hand designation. All 2 handed weapons in WoW are only able to be equipped in the main hand slot on your character sheet, while the off hand slots must also be empty. In effect, your character has to use "both hands" to wield his weapon in combat.

The only exception to this is Fury Warriors who have Titans Grip who (as already noted) are able to equip a "2 hand" weapon in each slot.

All 2 hand weapons can theoretically be equipped in either the main hand or off hand slot since they are similar to a "One hand" weapon in that they are not designated to fit in a specific slot on the character sheet, like weapons designated as "Main hand" or "Off hand" only are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/21/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Baloo
I am positive that these do not exist in WoW

Yeah, I didn't think they did either, but the OP seemed confused by a 2-handed main-hand weapon. Since I haven't personally played enough to see every possible item in game, I figured there may have been some long lost forgotten random item that could have been something left over from Vanilla beta (lots of weird stuff went down then).
Edited by Avanna on 9/21/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
No sir you can not.
Reply Quote
Yes, you can! I'm dual wielding Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver both are main handed swords (normal ones. Not the mythic two-handed-main-handed-swords)
Edited by Tyraels on 10/6/2012 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]