How's the server?

90 Night Elf Warrior
Hey there.
Im posting here because I'm very interested in leveling up a Horde toon here. Possibly a DK or something else that may come to mind when I do.
I just have a few questions if some of you can answer for me.
- Hows the server here for Pvp? Hows world Pvp? RBGs? etc.
- Hows the "RP" here, since I someone interested in coming here to an "RP-PVP" server to do some bit of RP.
- How are raids/pugs, etc.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
Come to the Alliance! FOR THE NRU!
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
PVP like Rated BGs and Arenas are for the most part pretty lackluster around here (though there are a couple guilds that focus on it and are good at it).

There's a LOT of world PVP here--mostly thanks to NRU from the Alliance and Horde Strike Force from the Horde. Not a day goes by that SOMEONE isn't stirring up trouble somewhere.

There's not much RP to actually be found (sadly), but there's roleplayers around if you take the time to look for them.

Raids and pugs are pretty much on the low side of middle-of-the-road compared to other servers. Our server is always slow to progress through content, and pugs are usually pretty awful--with the occasional gem (though when the content gets nerfed, a fair number of pugs that can blunder their way through content pops up).

Coming from a player who has played Horde and Alliance (and Horde again) on this server, Horde is the route to go.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thank you for the reply Velgarr
I've decided to roll a DK on horde side, being my main (Warrior above) is alliance, I nice change of a faction seems well. Im glad to hear world pvp happens, but a little disappointed on the lack of RPing. I'll give it a try out. Thanks again
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
horde trade chat = the closest thing to rp on maelstrom.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
Thank you for the reply Velgarr
I've decided to roll a DK on horde side, being my main (Warrior above) is alliance, I nice change of a faction seems well. Im glad to hear world pvp happens, but a little disappointed on the lack of RPing. I'll give it a try out. Thanks again

Look me up in game if you have any questions or just want to make A NEW FRAND on your NEW SERVER.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
dont accept his candy
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
09/18/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Malbolgia
dont accept his candy

Don't listen to Malbolgia. He is a black cow.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
09/18/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Velgarr
dont accept his candy

Don't listen to Malbolgia. He is a black cow.

Don't listen to Velgarr saying to not listen to Malbolgia. He is dead.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Mage
HELLO AND WELCOME TO MAELSTROM. IM JOHNHAMMOND.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/18/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Johnhammond
HELLO AND WELCOME TO MAELSTROM. IM JOHNHAMMOND.

A wise man once told me to vote John Hammond 2012. Thankfully I was wiser and didn't, turns our John Hammond is not team Jacob.
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
HE VOTED STEAK INSTEAD. STEAK WON IN LANDSLIDE.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/18/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Owning
STEAK WON IN LANDSLIDE.

Landslide = worst enchant ever so by default steak loses.
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Mage
09/18/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Owning
HE VOTED STEAK INSTEAD. STEAK WON IN LANDSLIDE
YEP VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO STOLE ALL JOHNHAMMONDS TECHNIQUE. I GET IT, IM FANTASTIC AT EVERYTHING BUT SAVE THE CAPS FOR THE BIG BOYS. REMEMBER TO SAY "(YOUR NAME HERE) 2012" AND PRETEND YOUVE COME UP WITH IT. GOOD STUFF. GG.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter

LOREMASTER "BADHUNTER" KRZYSZTOF, DEFEATER OF FISHING POOLS 2012?
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
HAHA. STEAK NOT EVEN WANT BE PRESIDENT. BUT STEAK MAN OF PEOPLE SO STEAK GLADLY ACCEPT NOMINATION. JUST ASK JYNN. SHE STEAK'S SECRETARY OF STUFF.

STICKERS FOR ALL.

PRAISE THE MOON GOD?
Edited by Owning on 9/19/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
09/19/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Owning
PRAISE SATAN.

Wait... what?
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Warrior
WHAT?
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Mage
CASE IN POINT YOURE TRYING TO BE JOHNHAMMOND.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]