Boomkin seeking arena help

I'm looking to get into the arena scene for mists, and since I have mainly been a pve Druid, I was wondering of the wonderful community here had any advice for the best partner(s) for arenas going into MoP?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I’m guessing !@# 2.0 (Aff Lock, Boomkin, RShammy) will hold up. Of course the comp I most enjoyed as Boomer last season was Spicy Chicken Cleave (Fire Mage, Boomkin, DPriest). I’d like to see that in action again.

I think we are going to see more triple hybrid teams next season if off healing continues to be strong. Possible comps could be Spriest/Boomer/EleShammy… who knows?
Reply Quote
Mmk, sounds like there could be a lot of dot spam off heal combos, can't wait to see
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Druid
The big answer is that nobody really knows right now.
Reply Quote
There should/could be some ( insignificant or not) data from the beta to provide some insight as to what comps will/could excel in arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I really want some more practical application of Symbiosis. It’s not going to make or break a comp but is undoubtedly going to favor a few.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Lock Rsham Druid.

Fire mage Druid Priest.

Warrior Disc Druid.

Rogue Druid Rsham.

Druid Spriest Mistweaver.

DK Druid Hpally.

Druid Ret Disc.
Reply Quote
Ty nagoto, I'll have to get with you at some point to fine tune my boom pvp skills. Thank you for the advice on comps though
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Moonkin
Mage
Healer
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Ty nagoto, I'll have to get with you at some point to fine tune my boom pvp skills. Thank you for the advice on comps though

Yeah dude just hit me up on skype (Moonkin1992) or just make an alt on Blood Hoof horde side :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I am still thinking that sprist, moonkin, afflic lock is going to be a brutal combo. I see it as a all or nothing opener comp though.

Symbiosis the lock, gain a shield wall and interrupt immunity for 12s...dots on everything...vortex when 2+ casters/healer are standing near each other with solar beam and blow all CD's after vortex pulls them back sprist void tendrils and it would be gg for lots of people.

Advantage here, all players have self healing/casted healing (even the lock!) making focus on a single target slightly harder. Most likely the boomkin will be focused most of all, but passive tank will help mitigate some damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I am still thinking that sprist, moonkin, afflic lock is going to be a brutal combo. I see it as a all or nothing opener comp though.

I don't want any Triple deeps to be viable..

But off the top of my head: Kitty Cleave, RLS, Immortal, PHD and KFC will rip Spriest Bal Afflic apart.

Just a heads up ^_^'

EDIT: To go a little more indepth. You leave the spirest to free cast healing and tunnel either the lock or moonkin (Depending on the map) and CC the other one. the spriest will run OOM healing and have to blow dispersion to regen mana - when this occures you hardswitch killing the spriests. Sort of how you handle Shadowplay (Spriest Lock Healer).
Edited by Nagoto on 9/19/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As much as we don't want triple deeps to be viable it may happen again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As much as we don't want triple deeps to be viable it may happen again.

Oh i know ~_~; I just can't wait to stomp them ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The most OP comp with a balance druid will be shadow priest boomkin resto shaman.
With symbosis on the shadow priests, boomkins get MASS DISPEL; That means ALL THREE players on the team can dispel each other, there is no other comp that has that utitlity along with the amazing amount of hybird heals and burst damage.(and none of the cc shares DRs)
No other comp played with a boomkin will compete, I assure you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
No other comp played with a boomkin will compete, I assure you.

Lock Sham Druid says hi ;)

This sounds fun to fight though! Mass Dispel is going to be extremely mana heavy, and against certain comps won't be as helpful as you might think (Shadowplay. ShadowCleave. LSD2 ect).

Not saying it won't be extremely epic to play! I just don't think it will 100% be the faceroll comp of the season =X..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid Lock Shaman will still be a great comp, but I still stand behind my statement.

I hardly think mana will ever be an issue. With moonkins it takes about 10 seconds to AC to the next eclipse, along with Shadow priest's dispersion, druid's innervate, shaman's mana tides... Mass dispel will be the comp's greatest strength.

Druid Lock Shaman is still great with burst and dispel protection, but right now in MOP, hybrid healing is phenomenal and if you play with a warlock you miss out on that, and its going to force cleave's to quickly focus one of you and, without peels at the right time, your teams going to be in some trouble.

but think about a riptide, rejuvenation, PW:shield, renew, quick flash heals for nearly 30% of your total health, and if push comes to shove TWO tranq's from both the druid and the priest. Druid lock shaman can't offer that kind of team support....

I will be trying this comp out next season and I will be sure to let you know how it pans out. At least on paper, I think this comp can be the next season 5 TSG played by the right players.
Edited by Strobelight on 9/19/2012 1:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I will be trying this comp out next season and I will be sure to let you know how it pans out. At least on paper, I think this comp can be the next season 5 TSG played by the right players.

-Drools-...

Brb kicking my lock in the face till he re-roll spriest! <3
Reply Quote
Need to pester my spriest to start playing again. Bugger just disappeared into the shadows
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Bugger just disappeared into the shadows

Zing!

Bad pun... ~_~;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]