Theramore Banner and Tabard?

Refresh my memory... but I don't recall getting a tabard and banner when the BURNED TAURAJO TO THE !@#$ING GROUND!

I survived Camp T and all I got was these lousy orphans.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You sure? We got steak from that place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Refresh my memory... but I don't recall getting a tabard and banner when the BURNED TAURAJO TO THE !@#$ING GROUND!

I'll send you a t-shirt from Pandara.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

((Yeah, but the quests around Camp T's sacking were longer and better-done. >.> ))
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
What, the miniature arcane bomb you get to throw around every three minutes wasn't consolation prize enough?
Reply Quote
While you get to run around beating your chests crying, "Remember Theramore!" ?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
... Also, didn't some of the Alliance go 'Hey, that was kind of a stupid move to attack that camp, dudes, wtf'? And try to stop the looters? I recall those quests being sad, and reasonably well written. I enjoyed them, because it showed a darker side to the Alliance.

It still ... wasn't quite the same as effectively nuking a town. Also, I wished they had put more of WHY the Horde decided to up and nuke a town in the game over the books. I was really quite underwhelmed by 'HEY GUYS, GOBLINS NUKING A TOWN' without any further explanation and here's Jaina Hair Changes Color! Then again, they didn't exactly let us check the standing buildings for survivors, nope. It's let's grab the flags, punch an orc car and then some orcs. o_o

Here's a summary:
Alliance on a boat! With their towels!
Horde: We dropped a bomb on you~
Alliance: Omgwtf our mans we just zoned in what the heck man what is wrong with you
Horde: Despite having just effectively magically nuking you, let us commence looting, joyriding and generally being orcy in your town. Oh, there's some trolls and dead guys, too.
Alliance: Dude... we're on a transport ship...
Warlord Whatshisface: ARGH. AN ALLIANCE BOAT. SO ANGRY AT IT.
Troll lady/whatsherface: It's... a transport ship, dude.
Warlord AngryPants: I AM STILL ANGRY AT IT. I AM LITERALLY ANGRY AT EVERYTHING IN THIS SCENARIO. I AM ANGRY AT YOUR TROLLISH LACK OF SHOES. I AM ANGRY AT MY TIGHT PANTS. ANGRY AT THE GUYS DRIVING THE DEMOLISHER IN CIRCLES AROUND TOWN. VERY ANGRY. DESTROY THEM. ANGRILY. ... oh and uh, save those flags.
Then Jaina pops in and it's like WYVERNS and DUDES and I don't even know anymore except, dang. :( I liked Theramore.

... although, if you took out Rhonin, that's okay.
Edited by Novikova on 9/18/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I encourage all Alliance town nuking. In fact, I say we nuke another. How does Refuge Pointe sound? Or maybe Menethil? No one will miss those!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/18/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Garlanth
I encourage all Alliance town nuking. In fact, I say we nuke another. How does Refuge Pointe sound? Or maybe Menethil? No one will miss those!

Blizzard appears to be on board with this mentality. Menethil's kinda still half-sunk already thanks to the Cataclysm and lazy drunken dwarves, though, so my money's on Lakeshire next. I mean, Garrosh is already buddy-buddy with the Blackrocks now, so it only makes sense.
Reply Quote
09/18/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Garlanth

I'm Malkavet Blackheart and I approve this message.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Lakeshire? Very well. I'll add it to Lord Blackheart's upcoming world tour.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Wait. Why not Goldshire? Everyone loves a good Goldshire nuking.
Reply Quote
Not even the plague could cleanse that place.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

I'll send you a t-shirt from Pandara.
I read that as Pantera and was gonna punch you in the junk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Menethil is flooded, so go for it.

Also, OP's post isn't reasonable. Camp Taurajo was nothing in size compared to Theramore. Evidenced by your mages not able to make portals to Taurajo.

If you would like to take out Azuremyst, Bloodmyst, or Exodar, however, go for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
We don't do an eye for an eye.

We do an eye for a head.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I don't remember a South Shore tabbard when that town got nuked just like your poor Taurajo... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Theramore was home to someone that, for a long time, attempted to create a cease-fire and peace-treaty and even attempted to have it as a location for peace talks between a king and warchief before the interference of Onyxia.
Reply Quote
I don't remember a South Shore tabbard when that town got nuked just like your poor Taurajo... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Theramore was home to someone that, for a long time, attempted to create a cease-fire and peace-treaty and even attempted to have it as a location for peace talks between a king and warchief before the interference of Onyxia.

Sooooo let me see if I follow.... a naive dumb-!@# with an orc fetish moves into the middle of the damn swamp and that's supposed to garner additional sympathy? And then other people are fool enough to move there WITH HER? You should thank us for removing most of that stupid from your gene pool.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
We just ensured that your rate of genetic defects in newborn children went way down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]