Pulling all available talents

85 Night Elf Druid
This one's specifically for Ulminia, but anyone feel free to add your 2c:

Sifting through your beta of wowroster, I'm curious how you pulled the full set of talents for all the classes/specializations?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
i have a source thats not an offical api source but we have been told we will be getting one soon
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
This was added to the most recent update.

Example: http://us.battle.net/api/wow/data/talents
Doc: http://blizzard.github.com/api-wow-docs/#data-resources/talents
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Oh, and not to hijack my own thread (Valliste is my druid :) ) How come my monk doesn't have any achievement points?
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
09/26/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Vester
Oh, and not to hijack my own thread (Valliste is my druid :) ) How come my monk doesn't have any achievement points?

We heavily cache the values that show up in the forums and on character tooltips (since they need to be fast and used everywhere). These caches don't update very often, normally in 1 to 2 days it will update with the correct amount.

I'd love to speed this process up a bit, but it's not something that's being actively worked on immediately.

If the data on your profile page is wrong then let us know cause that would be a data/calculation bug.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Would you mind giving a breakdown of the different fields?

Looking at the example you sent, it appears they're sorted by the class ID? then we have the glyphs and under glyphs we have a glyph id, what does that signify, then there's an item i'm presuming the actual glyph? name and icon are pretty self explanatory, what is typeId? I'm guessing 0 for major, 1 for minor?

"glyphs": [
{
"glyph": 483,
"item": 43395,
"name": "Glyph of Mystic Shout",
"icon": "ability_warrior_battleshout",
"typeId": 1
}
Edited by Vester on 9/26/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
glyph is the spell id for the glyph i think
item is the item id for getten tooltip info
name and icon straight forward
type id = 1 major glyph 2 minor
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
glyph is the spell id for the glyph i think
item is the item id for getten tooltip info
name and icon straight forward
type id = 1 major glyph 2 minor

This, except that the "glyph" field is the id for just the glyph record, not really used anywhere important etc. I will add the spellId in addition soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Is there a spell API yet? I thought there wasn't one (or was that professions) i forget now.
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
http://blizzard.github.com/api-wow-docs/#spell-api

We have a request so far for more info in regards to recipe spells. If there's other stuff you want added let me know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]