How does a Warlock have 218K health

100 Human Paladin
Maybe you people just aren't good with numbers. Let's review:

35K hits are greater than 4K hits

218K health is greater than 140k health

Therefore, someone averaging 4k damage with 140k health is not going to beat someone averaging 35K damage with 218k health

Somewhere there is a math teach that read this thread then hung himself.
Edited by Agincourt on 9/20/2012 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry but if you think trying to hit people who are using all of their cooldowns is a good idea, you need to rethink things.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Cayse
Sorry but if you think trying to hit people who are using all of their cooldowns is a good idea, you need to rethink things.
What choice did I have? Throwing down that 6 second bubble was not going to change anything
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Maybe you should try playing better? Instead of spamming TV you should hit the WoG button that heals you... just a thought.

Edit: A lock cannot continually heal itself for 20-60k+ every 3-5seconds and you could have simply popped your Aura then Flash Healed three times.
Edited by Roelathqt on 9/20/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You should be able to get completely out of range in that time span, which again, means you would have survived his cooldowns and gone back to hit him when he didn't have 218k health.

You can't just mash your face into everyone you see, eat their damage and expect to win. Sometimes you need to avoid them until the odds are in your favor.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Agincourt
Once again you miss the point. Tell me how there is any semblence of balance when a Warlock can kill me in 10 seconds and remain 100% health?

There isnt because...

09/20/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Agincourt
level 90 changes everything

Did you start playing with Cata or something? Its like this every time before an expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladinchaz, I'm not sure if that is the case at all considering he had a full 10seconds of doing something other than taking it up the butt. I doubt he tried to play defensive and/or healed himself during the duration of the fight... He probably expected to go full throttle with no defensive play as a Paladin (One of the most defensive Melee Classes) but, that is a sure way of failure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Agincourt
-I guess I could have bubble and gained an extra 6 seconds of life which means he would have killed me after 16 seconds and he would still have 218k health

If he was a Destruction Warlock (which I assume he was, since those jerks burst hard when they have the ability to), bubbling through his Chaos bolt would've wasted his Ember and given you free reign to kick his !@# while he tried to moonfi- I mean, Incinerate/Fel Flame spam you while trying to kite and build up embers...which is not as fun as people like to believe Warlocks are having.

well Jakosta for one its obvious your just a pve nerd with your 14k hks what makes you an expert? agincourt has 153K If fact he has more than all of us that have posted put together so yeah he might know what he's talking about

... High HK counts usually indicate the player has more free time than skill rather than anything else. Besides, two can play the armory game. I see from your post that you've never entered an arena on that character and you haven't done anything worthwhile since Cataclysm first launched. Therefore, any opinion you have in this thread is invalid.

See? I can make baseless assumptions based on Armory, too!

also, once again, you are my fav complainer agincourt. simply b/c I imagine you being a french knight after that battle QQing about the OP English longbows and how fighting in mud is unfair and broken

Oh my God, this made me grin. Well played.
Edited by Jackdakatsuj on 9/20/2012 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For one, you lost to one of those locks is pretty bad.
For two, it's a sacrifice minion ability.
For three, GC is doing fairly well and understands the whole concepts of everything much better than common players.
and for Four, it's balanced around lvl 90, not level 85, let alone it's a 1v1 issue.

Also, this does not belong on paladin forums.

>First point talks !@#$ and implies he doesnt have any problem fighting against 218k health warlocks that do 120k crit Chaos bolts
>Check his armory
>Glyph of FoL, AW, and TV.
>Full Judgement transmog
>RP Larp %^-* guild name

Seems like the secret in warlock busting is regaining 1% of our health back every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, so 10% back and Flash of Light.

Regardless tho, Ive been dropped from 80k with one chaos bolt easily. Did I put up a fight? Sure. I was still dropped after 1 Chaos bolt tho.

Interrupt? Kick? Already did them on fears, etc. And although ret has alot of tools to do these, its not like the Warlock class doesnt have anything to protect them when these things do happen.

Whats even worse is fighting a warlock with a ton of Wild Imps out too :\

Im still debating if the current Warlock is as bad to fight against as Paladins compared ot TBC and vanilla where theyd fear spam and just mana/life drain you while your running back to them. To hit them with your Wetnoodle strike on a 12 second CD.

edit** Also, probably going to get !@#$ for using '>' from some neckbeard.
Edited by Aeminence on 9/20/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
>Check his armory

7.6% hit rating in pvp gear and glyph of immediate truth is less damage after six seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Roelathqt
Paladinchaz, I'm not sure if that is the case at all considering he had a full 10seconds of doing something other than taking it up the butt. I doubt he tried to play defensive and/or healed himself during the duration of the fight... He probably expected to go full throttle with no defensive play as a Paladin (One of the most defensive Melee Classes) but, that is a sure way of failure.

I dont know about you but he said he lasted 10 seconds.

So the fight was 10 seconds long. ..How often do you go into 'defensive mode' within 10 seconds of a fight..?? Sure I pop Divine protection to put it on CD for later use while easing up some of the initial damage (also maybe demoralizing him? I Know when I see my hits hitting for almost nothing I get kind of reluctant to keep fighting. )

If you're forced to use bubble etc within 10 seconds of a fight im pretty sure you've already lost.

All the Warlock, who has 218k health, has to do is wait out your bubble then blow you up knowing your defensive CD's are pretty much gone. The only next option is to go full offensive and hope you can pressure and burst him down with your defensives down, so it becomes a battle between your Ret paladin DPS vs Patch 5.0.5 Warlock DPS. Am I missing anything?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Cayse
7.6% hit rating in pvp gear and glyph of immediate truth is less damage after six seconds.

When it comes to gems and reforging I stopped bothering since MoP is about to launch. I dont see any real benefit in spending gold to regem, and reforge.

For Immediate truth, I wasnt 100% sure on that either so I dont care if you judge that LOL. I figured in PVP i'd rather have a higher initial damage rather than damage over time considering that fights dont exactly last as long as raid bosses do. I figured more pressure from initial damage would be better.

But I swap between Immediate Truth and Turn Evil which I always had glyphed since it was ever released.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am shocked to see another thread based on Agincourt crying about something, just shocked I tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so I'm learning some stuff here, excuse my noobness but this is a perfect opportunity to learn wtf destros do for myself.

So basically a destro lock wants to stuff someone with a mighty CB. If Agincourt wants to interrupt any of those then he has to get within 30 yards to get judgement off for LoaTL. So with the kiting and the fear I suppose there is no way that a ret pally can stop the 10-ember charge up unless they spec into speed of light or something. Though chances are if this is world pvp he already had embers ready?

So then you could just pop Divine Protection / Hand of Purity and eat the incin/fel flames while taking no damage while he uses up a large chunk of his mana building up those embers. Once you're close up you'd like to interrupt CB with a Rebuke if possible ( to save HoJ ). You'd have to use human racial or tinket to get out of fear, b/c one fear will let him cast CB.

Or you could just let him cast CB and bubble right before it ( don't make it obvious or lock will stop the cast ). Then you wail on him and use w/e defensive cd you didn't use to mitigate the damage you will take when you are feared.

sheesh between HoP, Divine Protection, massive WoG heals and better gap closing and interrupt abilities it seems like rets should shrug off all dot damage.
Edited by Hyosun on 9/20/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/20/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Aeminence
So the fight was 10 seconds long. ..How often do you go into 'defensive mode' within 10 seconds of a fight..?? Sure I pop Divine protection to put it on CD for later use while easing up some of the initial damage (also maybe demoralizing him? I Know when I see my hits hitting for almost nothing I get kind of reluctant to keep fighting. )

Pop DP and DA... Now you're rolling a 40% + a 20% Magical Mitigation for the next 5-10seconds. While DA is active you can toss a few flash heals if needed... Use HoJ once DA is down and keep WoGing/FoLing yourself the entire time. If you spec'd for Holy Avenger pop it along with the Warlock's CDs and you're pumping out 20-60k WoGs every 2 GCDs which 3+seconds depending on lag. So you've effectively mitigated their entire damage and you're at full health while you're still meleeing the bastard. If needed you can pop DS or LoH if the fight is still going to hell but, Paladins have plenty of tools to fight Locks.

All the Warlock, who has 218k health, has to do is wait out your bubble then blow you up knowing your defensive CD's are pretty much gone. The only next option is to go full offensive and hope you can pressure and burst him down with your defensives down, so it becomes a battle between your Ret paladin DPS vs Patch 5.0.5 Warlock DPS. Am I missing anything?

If you're indeed forced to bubble you're either playing like an idiot or there is more then just a Lock ontop of you. I've had two Mages, a Hunter and a Lock sitting on me nuking for 30+seconds before I was forced to Bubble because I used my CDs efficiently.

Edit: Do not forget for everyone reading... Devotion Aura gives a +20% magical damage reduction... Paladins can smash Locks now.
Edited by Roelathqt on 9/20/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I was wondering about that. So the 2 stack?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/20/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Prescious
83 paladin? what clue do you have about the class agincourt has more bg's fought than you have hk's

He has an 85 paladin. :>
Edited by Cayse on 9/20/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]